Golovkin to skip June fight, focus on fall showdown with Canelo

heh. i only brought Benn up becuse he could actually punch

some serious fucking warped fans in here, i am a fan of Golovkin, i just don't consider that fight against Jacobs hard in the slightest, he took very few power shots...and is now takig a break

Nah, i like u(most of the time) but ur one of the leading trolls in this section.
Why do u want me to compare resumes, were talking about milage and ur ignoring that.
Now u want 5 for both and changed the question?
5 Ggg wins: david Lem, Dan Jacob, Murray(who Gennady stopped, and Martinez robbed :p ), Matthew Macklin, Rubio.
5 Benn wins: Thulani Malinga, G-man(if this counts, the tyson/Evander ear bite count), Vincenzo Nardiello, Iran Barkley, Mauro Galvano.

Honestly now that I think about it, Gennady's is surprisingly better to look at. lets this make this more interesting.
5 Benn losses: Eubank(failed to avenge), Collins(lost twice), Thulani(second meeting), Michael Watson(who?)
5 Gennady losses: oh wait lol

Again, ur only getting butthurt over fanboyism sparked by nostalgia. Period.
Even with Benn's weight/size advantage, I'd still give GGG the slight edge, and even KO him.

You really want me to believe you'll shut up only cause I answered? Doubt it.

Because he's choosing to fight twice a year instead of 3? which is the average frequency of a boxer's activity today? Because he's choosing to focus on the biggest potential match up of his life in Canelo rather than the bum of the month in Blowjob Saunders who sucked in his last fight against a no-name and after hogging the belt for so long?
If anything Canelo pussied out, MOVED DOWN a weight class, and fought some nobody(smith) could have fought either charlo(but too risky), and now doing a pointless money fight in the lost derailed hype train of JJCJr. Nothing really changed, even at MW he would never accept an opponent without a 155 catchweight.
Oh.. you forgot? guess that means u didnt follow the pre-fight as Jacobs came in a LHW against gennady which was an advantage and got to rehydrate first for skipping the IBF's weigh in, and still lost convincingly. lmao.
Canelo is waiting for GGG to age and deteriorate.

So true, lol.
Nah it's fine just wanted an answer to a question is all. Not looking for a fight but I'm not looking for people who dismiss the records of greats

Nah it's fine just wanted an answer to a question is all. Not looking for a fight but I'm not looking for people who dismiss the records of greats
05d.jpg

Oh Sunfish, Sometimes I worry about you...

heh. i only brought Benn up becuse he could actually punch

some serious fucking warped fans in here, i am a fan of Golovkin, i just don't consider that fight against Jacobs hard in the slightest, he took very few power shots...and is now takig a break
... you read everything I said? or are you trolling too?
PS: If you skipped anything it's trolling by default.

EDIT: You said break, so nvm ur 100% trolling

ggg knows retirement looms, his performances tell of it. better to hold out for the big payday. sad but understandable

golovkin activity was a big plus for him; being inactive, which i think will hurt him in his biggest fights..

golden boy knows what they are doing and its going to level the playing field even more; saul is legit and would be tough if golovkin was super active, but he will be even moreso w/gennady sitting on the sidelines.

ggg knows retirement looms, his performances tell of it. better to hold out for the big payday. sad but understandable

So ,winning is considered time to retire ? Lol

golovkin activity was a big plus for him; being inactive, which i think will hurt him in his biggest fights..

golden boy knows what they are doing and its going to level the playing field even more; saul is legit and would be tough if golovkin was super active, but he will be even moreso w/gennady sitting on the sidelines.
I'm getting really tired of repeating my TL;DRs being wasted in this thread.
I'll dumb it down this time
-2 fights in one year is not inactive.
-Canelo fought only 2 times a year in the last 5 years.
-The average pro boxer competes twice a year.
- in the past 5 years GGG fought 13 times against ranked fighters(sometimes reaching 4 fights a year). Canelo only fought 8 times.
- Suddenly this year GGG decides to fight twice, and you guys call it inactive? GTFO!

I'm getting really tired of repeating my TL;DRs being wasted in this thread.
I'll dumb it down this time
-2 fights in one year is not inactive.
-Canelo fought only 2 times a year in the last 5 years.
-The average pro boxer competes twice a year.
- in the past 5 years GGG fought 13 times against ranked fighters(sometimes reaching 4 fights a year). Canelo only fought 8 times.
- Suddenly this year GGG decides to fight twice, and you guys call it inactive? GTFO!
I think this argument got out of hand. I agree with this post but if you look at GGG against prime Benn I don't think we'd have a clear outcome.

I think this argument got out of hand. I agree with this post but if you look at GGG against prime Benn I don't think we'd have a clear outcome.
In the end, the main claim about GGG in the first post i replied to here was completely destroyed from every angle repeatidly. No need to milk it further.

I think this argument got out of hand.

I think most of the arguments on this board get out of hand lol. If he can only choose 1 fight for now then Canelo is the way to go. I can see why he wanted to fight in Kazakhstan though.

I think most of the arguments on this board get out of hand lol. If he can only choose 1 fight for now then Canelo is the way to go. I can see why he wanted to fight in Kazakhstan though.
I've been waiting for them to fight since the Khan fight. Can't say I'm less skeptical that Canelo is really looking to make the fight but I hope it does happen this September. It's a more intriguing fight than Floyd vs Conor so let's hope nothing gets in the way.

I've been waiting for them to fight since the Khan fight. Can't say I'm less skeptical that Canelo is really looking to make the fight but I hope it does happen this September. It's a more intriguing fight than Floyd vs Conor so let's hope nothing gets in the way.
That's for damn sure. Floyd will shut Conor down right away and then people will complain about it being boring. Whereas Canelo/Golovkin are two of the best in the sport right now.

That's for damn sure. Floyd will shut Conor down right away and then people will complain about it being boring. Whereas Canelo/Golovkin are two of the best in the sport right now.
i don't think anyone will complain about floyd conor being boring. i mean, first round KOs are pretty exciting, and it will be a lot of fun watching conor get laid out.

he'll probably complain about being inefficient in this battle of energies, or some shit.

The negotiations

Canelo-GGG-Oscar-Tom_cartoon.jpg

i don't think anyone will complain about floyd conor being boring. i mean, first round KOs are pretty exciting, and it will be a lot of fun watching conor get laid out.

he'll probably complain about being inefficient in this battle of energies, or some shit.

Conor has a pretty good chin, I don't think Mayweather has the power even if he lands walk on counterpunches to stop Conor. But he'll box his ears off no doubt.

Conor has a pretty good chin, I don't think Mayweather has the power even if he lands walk on counterpunches to stop Conor. But he'll box his ears off no doubt.

he was tagged by the plodding nate diaz. mayweather isn't knocking out elite boxers left and right, but he definitely has enough power to shut conor's lights out. besides, i don't think he'll get (or needs to get) a one-punch KO. hitting him with 30 consecutive clean shots on the chin will do the trick just fine.

conor has been hit plenty in mma, by people who aren't fit to tie floyd's shoelaces when it comes to boxing. people just think that because he went all super saiyan on eddie alvarez, he can do that against the p4p king of boxing. he can't.

he was tagged by the plodding nate diaz. mayweather isn't knocking out elite boxers left and right, but he definitely has enough power to shut conor's lights out. besides, i don't think he'll get (or needs to get) a one-punch KO. hitting him with 30 consecutive clean shots on the chin will do the trick just fine.

conor has been hit plenty in mma, by people who aren't fit to tie floyd's shoelaces when it comes to boxing. people just think that because he went all super saiyan on eddie alvarez, he can do that against the p4p king of boxing. he can't.

Nate Diaz weighed in at 190lbs in their match up, he had a 20lb weight advantage over Conor. Tell me how 150lb Mayweather who isn't known for his power is going to dent 170lb McGregor who has a really good chin? Floyd might be one of the greatest but he wasn't exactly sparking guys out left right and centre at the heavier weights. He just didn't have the power. So why would he suddenly gain a big surge in power? Sure Conor will get hit lots, I just don't think Floyd is getting the KO.

Nate Diaz weighed in at 190lbs in their match up, he had a 20lb weight advantage over Conor. Tell me how 150lb Mayweather who isn't known for his power is going to dent 170lb McGregor who has a really good chin? Floyd might be one of the greatest but he wasn't exactly sparking guys out left right and centre at the heavier weights. He just didn't have the power. So why would he suddenly gain a big surge in power? Sure Conor will get hit lots, I just don't think Floyd is getting the KO.
no he didn't. their fight was at 170 and nate weighed in at 169. he could've weighed in at 171. he did not cut 2 extra pounds, he weighed 169lbs without cutting, and was roughly around that when they fought. when you get tagged by nate diaz, you will get lit up by pro boxers, that's just a fact.

and i never said he was going to one punch KO him. in fact, quite the opposite. he doesn't need to. he can land a million consecutive shots that will put him down.

and floyd's power is very underrated. he may not be knocking guys out, but he's hitting them hard enough to keep them off of him. and keep in mind the guys he isn't knocking out are world class boxers, who aren't exactly getting KO'd by any glancing shot.

hopefully, we'll never find out, because this abomination of a matchup should never take place. but if it does, i think a lot of people will be shocked at what an all time great can do against a shitty amateur.

Golovkin has been wanting to fight Saunders ever since he won the WBO title. Frank Warren offered up Saunders immediately after the Jacobs fight and set an unreasonable time frame for him to agree to the fight while he was still recovering freshly from their fight. The injury Golovkin allegedly suffered is likely not true considering Loeffler and Sanchez both said that he wasn't injured. It was likely thrown out there to buy him some time on what his next move should be, fight Saunders in a unification for all the major world titles to become undisputed champion (the winner would be) or fight Canelo for by far the biggest payday of his career and look to become the recognized (by The Ring) lineal champion in the process.

Oscar said that if Golovkin took the fight with Saunders then it would be a deal breaker for him to fight Canelo in September. So, GGG will be waiting until after the Chavez Jr. fight and hoping that not only does Canelo beat him (he should) but that Oscar makes good on his promise. He's taking a gamble by putting his faith in Oscar's word and may not get the chance again to fight Saunders to collect the last remaining major world title in the division. If Oscar changes his mind then he just lost out on both of those meaningful fights, at least in the near future.

De La Hoya Warns: Golovkin Fighting in June Derails Canelo Bout!

De La Hoya has warned Golovkin, that if he moves forward with a planned fight in June - then a September fight with Canelo is off the table. He feels strongly that a June fight will create too much risk in promoting a big September pay-per-view event.
Golovkin's Coach Reacts To De La Hoya's Position on June Fight

Last edited:
Back