Golovkin/Jacobs Prediction Thread

Who wins?

• Total voters
Will the weigh-ins be televised?

Why was it at 9AM EST?

Edit to add I love that girl on the left. She could be a future ex, I think.

I wondered that too, seems weird.

Right?
Should have them both well-hydrated and rested tomorrow night, and makes no difference to me, I just always think more like 4-6PM EST, anywhere in there. Typically.
Maybe easier on them and I'm thinking about Vegas weigh-in tiimes, I guess? That's 4 hours, anyway. But 9AM EST in NYC seems early.

Will the weigh-ins be televised?
I don't know if it's tape delayed from this morning or this is a different ceremonial same day weigh-in, but DirecTV's Audience channel 101 will be broadcasting a weigh-in show at 2 PM EDT on Saturday as well as showing live undercard fights in a 90 minute special at 7 PM EDT, like they have done before previous HBO PPV cards.

Nah, Golovkin is a great fighter but like all exciting fighters ,has fans who oversell him. He lacks the resume to be compared to the greats. ITs not his fault but his resume is like Haglers if he never fought Duran or Hearns. There's just no wins that catch the eye. Its respectable, and he's fighting who's available but its not the strongest era of MWs.
Pretty much spot on .
Have you changed your mind stil sticking to GGG ?

I know I'm a little late to the party, but after thinking about it a little. I believe the weigh ins may have been done early to accommodate the Michael Conlan fight. Which is at the Madison square garden theater were the weigh ins took place.

Is Billy Joe Saunders in any discussion to fight a name with any note to it?

Man gonna be a tough fight. I think it will be a bit action packed early, at least after the first real punch is landed. Danny in 7

When Danny pulls this off. Not an upset. I'm not taking away from GGG. He's a great fighter.

Man, shots will be on me. i'll drink but I don't get drunk when I'm working. I'll buy anyone here a drink and help you guys get autos. You guys come to a fight and I'll shoot the shit with you and Tyson will probably be around me as well. If it was Cali or Vegas Morales, Fernando or JT (James Toney) hang out a lot. Same with Pernell but he only comes to a select few fights now. He got fat
Shit man, I really might get a ticket and fly out to Danny's next fight. Meeting some of those people would be a once in a lifetime chance.

Shit man, I really might get a ticket and fly out to Danny's next fight. Meeting some of those people would be a once in a lifetime chance.

If you want to come to his next fight just send me a pm and I'll get you a ticket. Will help you get autos and pics as well. Most fighters are cool. They'll shoot the shit with you. Danny will for sure but he's going to want to talk about basketball lol

Hey RR, any idea what Danny weighs this morning? It's only 6 AM so maybe you guys don't know yet. Also, is the IBF's 10 pound rehydration cap in effect for this fight and/or is there a clause for a cap in the contract? Can't remember if the NYSAC places a cap on it or not. Thanks in advance.

Hey RR, any idea what Danny weighs this morning? It's only 6 AM so maybe you guys don't know yet. Also, is the IBF's 10 pound rehydration cap in effect for this fight and/or is there a clause for a cap in the contract? Thanks in advance.

He's not up yet but he'll be in the low 70s in the ring. Probably 73. We initially thought 79 but that is going to be high. We have a scale here so I'll tell you once he wakes up in an hour and eats something. We don't have a rehydration clause in the contract. Being honest we aren't even going to to pay the sanctioning fees to keep the belts anyways. Floyd taught me well lol

Back