Golf games compared to Mario Golf World Tour

GSP_37

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
From Mario Golf World Tour on 3DS, I really liked the sweet spot wheel, being able to do super top spin or super back spin, being able to see the projected flight of the ball if hit with optimal power on the sweet spot, being able to sink a slam dunk chip shot, being able to see the 3D slope of the surface for putting. Being able to play as iconic Mario etc. was nice too.

What are good golf games that also have the above good points?

The only ones I have good memories of are Mario Golf World Tour and my first golf game: MS Golf on CD-ROM way back in the early computer days.

Try Golf Story on the Switch. Incredibly fun game, loved every second of it.

Tiger woods 2005 is the goat golf game.

I can barely beat the initial unlockable characters in Hot Shots Golf 2 VS mode.

After unlocking Dottie, the older chubby woman, I can hang in there.

Last edited:
Mario Golf games are GOAT. If a new one was released on the Switch or they ported over World Tour (dont want a 3ds), I'd go buy the Switch today.

The "Super Swing Golf" games on the Wii were a decent Mario Golf knockoff. You could switch the garbage motion controls to classic button presses like Mario Golf.

Never cared to play the series, but "Everybody's Golf" and the Hot Shots Golf games on every PS console seem to be the same gameplay wise.

Hot Shots Golf 2 doesn't quite seem like the fun and feel of Mario Golf World Tour, but you can do some sort of backspin and slam dunk chip shot, but the pre-swing aim flight isn't the same as Mario Golf World Tour. I am getting used to the clubs showing potential distance if hit good so you can compare to distance needed to be covered. I think MGWT let you see an overhead view to ballpark where the ball would land if you hit it, which was easier to try to stick a landing before or after water hazard. I had an easier time gauging putting slope in MGWT.

Also, I just played through Mario Golf Advance Tour for the GBA and it was excellent.

Also, I just played through Mario Golf Advance Tour for the GBA and it was excellent.
The first several minutes, I wondered what I got myself into with all the lame talking as if it was an RPG rather than golf game. I needed more of a 3D golf game after playing 3DS MGWT.

The first several minutes, I wondered what I got myself into with all the lame talking as if it was an RPG rather than golf game. I needed more of a 3D golf game after playing 3DS MGWT.
Once you get past that, there really isn't much talking.

So far, from what I've crossed paths with, Hot Shots Golf 2 is the best I can play on TV and Mario Golf World Tour on portable.

A lot of other golf games have horrible controls.

I've never played Mario golf, but some of the everybody's golf games were good.

Finally unlocked Spike in Hot Shots Golf 2. The lil' bastard is so good at landing on the green near the hole as well as putting. Kinda unfair to expect players to unlock superior players using crappier players.

Back