Goldman Confirms By The End Of The Year Corporations Will Have Bought Back 1 Trillion In Their Stock

@Clippy

They can even go deeper.

They could have it trickle down the sides of the top glass but have the base so big that it still misses all the little cups.

Really the little cups should be crushed :eek:

Would you feel comfortable telling that to a 50 year old woman working two cashier jobs for 60 hours a week to make ends meet, who hasn't the slightest bit of knowledge about stock trading?

I'm not condescending. I'm genuinely interested if you feel that is proper advice to give to the working poor.

Did.....did you read the OP?

It happened. What literally everyone with an ounce of sense said would happen - happened.

I would feel comfortable telling her. It might not help her but it might help her kids if she has any.
It's a great way too break the cycle.

My sister is 45 disable vet on a limited budget. She had ingrained in my nephew who is 18 out of High school to start investing. He has work at a local amusement park for a year and save 4k. He opened a Charles Schwab account and invested his first 1k in commission free ETF's last month.

There is no culture of investing in my family. My parents are working poor themselves. I learned by myself and still learning. I regret not starting at 18 myself.

straight up wages aren't like ever going to grow substantially if we don't realign campaign financing...

until it's US, the workers, really contributing most of the donations (or it's capped, like it used to be) it's just going to continue to be corporations (for both parties) that really direct policy and where the resources go.....

Why would they invest in the place that just took on so much more debt.

Invest where there are tax cuts for the masses, simply logical.

Don't know. Don't really care. It's not relevant in a discussion about the corporate tax rate.

They offshore because of cheap labor and new markets. Lowering the corporate tax rates would do little, besides, there are plenty of loopholes that ease the tax burden down very low already, as I stated.

I wasn't comparing us to another country. But I'll compare us to the ourselves in the 1950's. In 1954, the effective corporate tax rate 58% and the GDP growth was around 7%. You do the math.
Cherry picking huh
Well then clearly you’re saying we need to segregate again

I hope this was sarcastic, never can tell in text.

I should rephrase: don't buy Goldman. lol. Financials/banks have been neutered by Dodd-Frank. Banks are much less leveraged now. European banks are more risky and more leveraged. They undercharge for services so they have to make up for it with leverage. US banks have deleveraged to the point their common stock is average at best. There is a great movie called The Big Short on the 2008 financial crisis. The guy who Steve Carrel plays explains this. He predicted Europe was in trouble and called Italy in particular. Which did happen this year. So, American banks have truly been reformed and made safer. Not perfect of course. But Trump is trying to roll that shit back.

I should rephrase: don't buy Goldman. lol. Financials/banks have been neutered by Dodd-Frank. Banks are much less leveraged now. European banks are more risky and more leveraged. They undercharge for services so they have to make up for it with leverage. US banks have deleveraged to the point their common stock is average at best. There is a great movie called The Big Short on the 2008 financial crisis. The guy who Steve Carrel plays explains this. He predicted Europe was in trouble and called Italy in particular. Which did happen this year. So, American banks have truly been reformed and made safer. Not perfect of course. But Trump is trying to roll that shit back.

I work in finance.

I disagree with your use of the term neutered. More like declawed the tiger, those teeth are still sharp.
Dodd Frank is a step in the right direction.

Personally I always find myself liking industrials over cyclicals like banks.

Back