Golden era of Sherdog?

2004-2008ish I'd say because of the battles between the old schoolers and the TUF noobs who didn't even know Pride existed. It all culminated in Brockamania circa 2008. To think, those TUF noobs are now the wise vets nowadays. Fuck I'm old.

Ive being lurking for years ,for me when the PRIDE guys came to the UFC and i saw the discussions around herr before and after the match ups.
Big Nog vs Tymmeh
and
Shogun vs Forrest1 were very entertaining to read before and after.
Good times.

When Saku was beating Gracies, the crazy kimura, the rumors of Tito Ortiz fighting him or not (Tito went to pride and offered Saku flowers before a saku fight)

Mark Coleman’s comeback.

Pride tournaments, Chuck Lydell going on a pride tournament and coming out to the UFC music, Dana betting Pride president that chuck would win and chuck got destroyed by Rampage so Dana sent chucks team to Rampage’s to help him win the tournament instead, then prime Wanderlei destroys him.

The Saku vs Wandy saga.

Fedor coming out of nowhere with the Russian anthem as his walk out song and starting a domination of the HW division never before seen.

Cro Cop era and the ridiculous hype for a Fedor vs Cro Cop match, then it actually happening.

ETC.

Back in those days, these forums were a lot of fun, nobody could really see pride live and streams weren’t a thing so we all stayed up all night to go into PbP chats to hear what would happen in pride, similar to how our parents or grand parents stayed near the radio to listen to epic boxing matches before TV.

I really miss those days, sherdog was in ezforums, I used to chat with Jeff Sherwood in AIM messenger and even gave him info on some local events that happened near me. Back then the sherdog.net domain want a thing either.

I’m very happy there’s still a sherdog but it’s gotten so big that I can’t help to reminisce the good ol days.

When we had threads like this..

6613_1195176922115_1309219900_53901.jpg

Or this
usZRR.jpg

I miss those days.

The greatest time was almost two years ago when Ronda was KO'd. That was a blast. I spent 2 weeks in the Shop that Ronda thread and then it was Conor/Aldo time.

If the UFC ever did a GP, this place would come alive. Tournament brackets bring men together.

Imo 2010-2013

The UFC was just blowing up lots of fun events.

Pre UFC rankings will always be my favorite era. It made match making a lot simpler and wilder.

Sherdog's awesomeness is a perpetually increasing function of time.

sherdog-graph.png

Last edited:
i personally liked the contender forum more. loved being there around the time of Dream, Sengoku, Affliction up untill the end of Strikeforce.

2004-2009. Site has gone down hill since then. Rickson by armbar/Fedor by armbar. RIP sherdog.

I had a really old account that I used for a long time(technically still do, but don't remember much info about, at least not enough to log in) came back after a hiatus for a few years with this new one.

It feels to me to be pretty consistent. When its on good on here, it coincides with the product being good, and for the bad periods of the product, it can still be pretty fun over here to make fun of and critizise all the bad on display.

It might be a better question to ask, when has it been at it's lowest period/era? I would not be surprised it coincides with the more insufferable periods, which probably coincide with some sort of lull in the product, which is through lack of general awareness by some to be still an awesome period for the product.

As a random aside note, only semi relevant just because of the character it involves, i'd say the drop of reddit into it's current lower level (which I think is permanent) was the death of the "joerogan2" or whatever it was actually called. THAT was the epitome of awesomeness. The "Pride era" of messageboards/forums IMHO.

Last edited:
pre-conor sherdog was pretty fucking awesome.

Wish I was here earlier, started lurking in 2011.

I remember a troll here, way before I made this account, I would guess around 2008...
I don't remember the username but he used to write walls of text about him being in underground fights to death, and him being like a ninja or something.

Does anyone remember?

I remember a troll here, way before I made this account, I would guess around 2008...
I don't remember the username but he used to write walls of text about him being in underground fights to death, and him being like a ninja or something.

Does anyone remember?

There's one of those every other year, man.

Back