Golden Boy Promotions: Liddel vs Tito 3 Nov. 24th FULL Card

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/...tions-applies-for-first-mma-event-in-november

Golden Boy Promotions has applied to run a mixed martial arts event in November.

The well-known boxing promotion, headed by Oscar De La Hoya, filed an application last month with the California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) for an event to be held Nov. 24 at The Forum in Inglewood, Calif., per a CSAC document obtained by MMA Fighting via open records request.

The main event listed on the application is Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz 3, though sources told MMA Fighting that the fight has not officially been set. The application states that it will be a Ring TV pay-per-view event. CSAC plans on approving the event, commission executive officer Andy Foster told MMA Fighting.

De La Hoya told Fight Hub TV on Tuesday that Liddell vs. Ortiz was being looked at for the weekend of Nov. 25. He added that current fighter pay in MMA “makes me sick to my stomach.”

Pay-per-view main card:

Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz

Kenneth Berg vs. Jorge Gonzalez

Gleison Tibau vs. Efrain Escudero

Walel Watson vs. Ricardo Palacios

Deron Winn vs. Tom Lowler

Jay Silva vs. Oscar Cota

Swing bouts:

Albert Morales vs. Cleber Luciano

Jose Huerta vs. Fernie Garcia

Kendall Grove vs. Andre Walker

Dave Terrel vs. Johnny Cisneros

Craig Wilkerson vs. Joshua Jones

Weston Wilson vs. Mike Segura

Amateur bouts:

Isaiah Culpepper vs. Djavan Coleman

Joshua Kim vs. Geoffrey Thomas

Jonathan Kim vs. Mauro Gutierrez

Tyler Schafer vs. Maria Favela

Julianna Miller vs. Diana Mendoza

Last edited:
I hope they hold this event in a ring. There are enough cage orgs. in the world.

Good luck with selling this on PPV.

Yeah, MMA on PPV is already way over-saturated.

I'm unsure that Golden Boy can sustain its place in the market, but I don't doubt that this can pull decent numbers on PPV. Golden Boy is a very well known promotion, as are the names Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz. I don't believe they're going to pull in a million buys or anything, but half a million would be my guess, just on the three names involved and the fact that Chuck and Tito are more well known than almost all of the fighters on the current UFC roster. Add to it that Golden Boy will no doubt properly promote this event.

What I'm actually curious about it who they use to fill the undercard. This would be perfect for Eddie Alvarez, for a big one off pay day. But I'm having difficulty coming up with names who aren't already locked into some kind of deal with another promotion.

Last edited:
I'm unsure that Golden Boy can sustain its place in the market, but I don't doubt that this can pull decent numbers on PPV. Golden Boy is a very well known promotion, as are the names Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz. I don't believe they're going to pull in a million buys or anything, but half a million would be my guess, just on the three names involved and the fact that Chuck and Tito are more well known than almost all of the fighters on the current UFC roster. Add to it that Golden Boy will no doubt properly promote this event.

What I'm actually curious about it who they use to fill the undercard. This would be perfect do Eddie Alvarez, for a big one off pay day. But I'm having difficulty coming up with names who aren't already locked into some kind of deal with another promotion.

Idk what that means, but names mean more than anything. The biggest fights in MMA history, no matter which country they took place, all involved people wanting to see people they knew fight. Bob Sapp and Akebono, Pudzianowski, Kimbo Slice. The general public doesn't care about age or skill, they care about names. Half a million buys doesn't seem that outrageous considering the names involved, and is better than the standard amount of buys at this point. Those are two of the most well known fighters in the west, and this event will no doubt be promoted properly.

Idk what that means, but names mean more than anything. The biggest fights in MMA history, no matter which country they took place, all involved people wanting to see people they knew fight. Bob Sapp and Akebono, Pudzianowski, Kimbo Slice. The general public doesn't care about age or skill, they care about names. Half a million buys doesn't seem that outrageous considering the names involved, and is better than the standard amount of buys at this point. Those are two of the most well known fighters in the west, and this event will no doubt be promoted properly.

Except this is year 2018

"Fuck em up, Chuck" is still a thing in the south. Those red neck bastards that haven't watched MMA in years will cum their pants when they see Chuck is fighting again, and talk about how he is the baddest dude who ever did it. Mark my words, when word gets out you'll start seeing dbags sporting that Mohawk again.

"Fuck em up, Chuck" is still a thing in the south. Those red neck bastards that haven't watched MMA in years will cum their pants when they see Chuck is fighting again, and talk about how he is the baddest dude who ever did it. Mark my words, when word gets out you'll start seeing dbags sporting that Mohawk again.

That card sounds like at best 50,000 buys. Lol

That card sounds like at best 50,000 buys. Lol
I guess we will see... What sounds good to most real fans doesn't sound good to casuals, and vice versa. I'm not sure if people around here understand that this isn't being promoted for us, it is being promoted for the asshole who knows fuck all about MMA. This isn't like last time when Golden Boy had Affliction to bring in guys who were worth a fuck. This is a cash grab attempt from Oscar, and I wouldn't be surprised if he made a little money. Names sell, and those are two of the most well known names this sport has ever seen. Half a million may be pushing it a bit, but I wouldn't be surprised if it breaks that mark. Conor does it bc of his name, I think Chuck and Tito will too.

You have Canelo/GGG in Sept, Conor/Khabib in Oct and UFC MSG in Nov. Who the hell is gonna buy Chuck/Tito on PPV? Even if he charges 20 bucks its still just easier to stream it.

This is def a one and done for GB once he realizes they arent gonna make any money.

What I'm actually curious about it who they use to fill the undercard. This would be perfect for Eddie Alvarez, for a big one off pay day. But I'm having difficulty coming up with names who aren't already locked into some kind of deal with another promotion.
They can co-promote with Bellator and get Bendo.

I really hope that do this right. Sign the right people, and build their own stars. I wonder how much they’ll charge to watch?

I really hope that do this right. Sign the right people, and build their own stars. I wonder how much they’ll charge to watch?
One of my friends just sent out a group chat saying he is going to order it. So we know it has one sale at least.

I find it funny he didn't even order DCvs Stipe but jumps all over this.

If they fill this with a good undercard and cheap seats I will be there with bells on. The forum is a great venue for mma.

I see this event being sabotaged or maybe even self-sabotaged.

Back