Gokhan Saki vs Anderson Silva @205

That would be a really fun fight. I don't think Andy would accept it, but he should if offered

I don't get all these Saki threads...he looked like absolute shit. landing but not hurting his opponent...getting tagged himself being hurt...gassing out in 3 minutes...

Saki bloodied his man up, and dropped him 2x ..

if you want to say he looked like absolute shit, that's fine, but kinda an over reaction ... I will say I found the performance by Saki to be a bit uneven at times .. as given how much Saki landed throughout the round - it took 22 or so seconds till the round ended before the finish came

Andy's Thai clinch is mediocre at best lol Saki has seen plenty of better clinchers than him in kickboxing.
What planet do you live on that Anderson's clinch is "mediocre" who in the UFC has a better one? If saki gassed like he did and was in Silva's clinch it would look like Silva vs Franklin.

Are you serious? Saki would kill Anderson.

Anderson's chin is not what It was. He got dropped multiple times by Bisping... got dropped by a short punch from the clinch by Weidman... Saki lands any one shot and its night night.

Lets see Anderson in fights where I don't have to fear for his health. Especially with him walking around at 198 200 pounds. Let him stay at MW. I don't want to see him take any KOs, that too from someone with significant size advantage.

That's not true. In kickboxing clinching hasn't been allowed in amny years. For a while now it has only been 1 k nee and then seperation and before that it was a 3 second rule or a one hand only rule.
henrique got Saki with clinches and hit him with knees and punches there. Tbf Saki was tired but still.

The clinch right now seems to be Saki's biggest issue. Anderson surely has a better clinch than Henrique.

Overall I'd say a horrible matchup for Anderson. But the Henrique fight made me think he could win. Anderson#s cardio has declined a lot but mostly when he trikes a lot. If he can get into a clinch he could maybe wear Saki down and kne ehim into oblivion.
Andersons cardio has always been top notch even now. Hasn't shown decline in that aspect. If anything he has become more passive and less killer instinct as he got older.

Andersons cardio has always been top notch even now. Hasn't shown decline in that aspect. If anything he has become more passive and less killer instinct as he got older.

His cardio used to be great. But in recent fights he has only attacked in bursts to compensate for his age. Just look for it and you will see it. Against Bisping and even brunson. He does nothing then has an offensive flash mostly at the end of the round to get the judges attention and that's it. When he was younger he really had good cardio though that's true

Any striker.

I have no desire to see Saki get wrestlefucked.

I could see the genius matchmakers giving us what they call a "classic" striker vs grappler matchup. Who the fuck wants that I don't know. Hopefully they keep putting him against strikers until he gets more comfortable in the cage. Maybe he fights Manuwa next.

Underrated possible match Up

Saki Vs Bossé

(Someone is going down hard)

That would be fireworks for sure but I couldn't see a hockey brawler like Bosse offering much for Saki. I think he gets steam rolled.

I could see the genius matchmakers giving us what they call a "classic" striker vs grappler matchup. Who the fuck wants that I don't know. Hopefully they keep putting him against strikers until he gets more comfortable in the cage. Maybe he fights Manuwa next.

That would be fireworks for sure but I couldn't see a hockey brawler like Bosse offering much for Saki. I think he gets steam rolled.
100%

But Saki need easy match Up like this for now imo.

If it stays standing and Saki gets his MMA cardio to non-shit status, he should light Andy up.
The Anderson Silva of now.. yes.. the LHW Silva that schooled Griffin.. absolutely not. Anderson's head movement and unorthodox striking would be too much for Saki. I'd say a Prime Silva would've gotten the job done inside 2 rounds. Saki is a great kickboxer, but let's not forget that he's 1-1 in MMA rn. Anderson also has very underrated BJJ and is a Blackbelt under Big Nog. I think Prime Silva could beat Saki standing up and definitely on the ground. IMHO, I would have Prime Andy by KO inside 2 rounds.

Anderson is well past but anyone should love that fight

Silva would have murdered the Saki from last night. Outside of the KO, Saki looked horrible. A more competent striker would have capitalized on the shots that Saki was letting through.

He looked like a god damn amateur out there. I feel like I watched a different fight from everyone else.

His cardio used to be great. But in recent fights he has only attacked in bursts to compensate for his age. Just look for it and you will see it. Against Bisping and even brunson. He does nothing then has an offensive flash mostly at the end of the round to get the judges attention and that's it. When he was younger he really had good cardio though that's true
You could be right, but I honestly don't believe its a cardio issue and just more to what I was referring to earlier about killer instinct and fighting very passively. I feel this way because he has done similar things in the past where he throws very little. Silva is one of those fighters who doesn't look at the clock and kinda loses himself in there sometimes.

I can see it your way though as he could be throwing less to last longer.

Prime Silva would destroy him, these days idk. Saki is becoming a complete hype job, let him get a little experience first.

Back