Gokhan Saki siged by UFC's LHW dev?!?!

I'm not really that excited. He has NO ground game. Even a non wrestler like Derrick Lewis is going to hold him down for 3 rounds.

I'm not really that excited. He has NO ground game. Even a non wrestler like Derrick Lewis is going to hold him down for 3 rounds.

How do you know that?

Gökhan Saki is someone who was beating Ubereem with one completely broken arm which he got from his previous fight. Eventually Overeem noticed his broken arm and started hitting there and then Gökhan had to give up. He's that much tough, skilled, fast and powerful.

The LHW division will be a cakewalk for him if he has any decent TDD and BJJ. And we don't know that yet. Supposedly he has been working on that side of the game for some time.

Askren needs more experience but the guy with a losing record and no ground game gets signed?

And yes I'm aware of who he is, just don't think it's a smart investment at all.

How fast can he learn good tdd and getting up ?

How do you know that?

Gökhan Saki is someone who was beating Ubereem with one completely broken arm which he got from his previous fight. Eventually Overeem noticed his broken arm and started hitting there and then Gökhan had to give up. He's that much tough, skilled, fast and powerful.

The LHW division will be a cakewalk for him if he has any decent TDD and BJJ. And we don't know that yet. Supposedly he has been working on that side of the game for some time.

Decent TDD? It will need to be top notch to stop the likes of JJ, DC, Glover etc.

He should be matched up with strikers only if they want a decent return on him.

He is 33, his MMA record is 0-1-0 and his last fight was in 2004. Great news. HW division is getting stacked.

Askren needs more experience but the guy with a losing record and no ground game gets signed?

And yes I'm aware of who he is, just don't think it's a smart investment at all.
More experience? who told u that garbage?
Askren isn't getting signed for the same reason Shields got easily cut. Wet blanket cleche.

And him bad mouthing Dana in social media and articles has secured Askren's never even being considered, unfortunately

To people who doesn't know Saki : he is the fastest HW in the world.

i agree with you but don t you think they need new blood in the lhw and hw div?
i think it s a smart investment given that saki will have a fan friendly style and he is already well known, the ufc just fucked up stupidly with askren

Hell probably get knocked out in his first fight

The HW and LHW divisions have absolutely no depth or prospects... Bringing anyone along in those two divisions is a godsend

Askren isn't getting signed for the same reason Shields got easily cut. Wet blanket cleche.

And him bad mouthing Dana in social media and articles has secured Askren's never even being considered, unfortunately

dana told him that he needed more experience and being the bellator ww champion wasn t enough yet for him, he also advised him to not sign his current contrat and to take the wsof offer instead (knowing very well that askren's current contrat is way more lucrative)
he had every right to badmouth dana at the time, that was a stupid decision, the guy was a wrestling star and champion in college, then he became an olympian, he was undefeated in mma and he was champion in the second best org, give me one legit reason for not at least making him an offer even a bad one)?
askren even offered to have a fight for free just to prove to dana he was legit.
being a "wet blanket" shouldn t be a criteria for belonging in the top org or not,ranking,resume and skills should...

i don t like askren but he was majorly fucked by the ufc

Pretty ironic that one of the articles lists Patrick Cummins as the type of fodder Saki can look forward to smashing en route to his inevitable title shot.
The UFC needs to keep guys like Cummins as far from Saki as possible.

Pretty random.

They will probably give him some very green low level guys, so perhaps he doesn't get wrecked...

dana told him that he needed more experience and being the bellator ww champion wasn t enough yet for him, he also advised him to not sign his current contrat and to take the wsof offer instead (knowing very well that askren's current contrat is way more lucrative)
he had every right to badmouth dana at the time, that was a stupid decision, the guy was a wrestling star and champion in college, then he became an olympian, he was undefeated in mma and he was champion in the second best org, give me one legit reason for not at least making him an offer even a bad one)?
askren even offered to have a fight for free just to prove to dana he was legit.
being a "wet blanket" shouldn t be a criteria for belonging in the top org or not,ranking,resume and skills should...

i don t like askren but he was majorly fucked by the ufc
So u were actually quoting dana? lol
People with less experience have signed and fought for the UFC for years, like duh...

I just told u like it is. Only reason Dana avoided him is because of a trending BS wet blanket calling.
Same reason Jake Shields was cut right after losing to Lombard of all people. The current #1 contender and current champion both lost to Shields before he fought Hector.

Rankings? they are random and don't matter(eg: UFC rankings are votes by journalists)

It's the sad reality of combat sports.

Exactly!! Has Ben Askren ever done this? And this is against Daniel Ghita!

0000.gif

or this??

EYPbVq.gif

i agree with you but don t you think they need new blood in the lhw and hw div?
i think it s a smart investment given that saki will have a fan friendly style and he is already well known, the ufc just fucked up stupidly with askren

I agree they need new blood, as long as they match him up right it should be great viewing.

He should spend day and night on TDD. Forget jiujitsu and everything else.

Back