Gokhan Saki, Daniel Ghita, Tyrone Spong

Dixon0023

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Its probably been asked to death, but I rarely get on these forums. Does anyone know why these 3 former elite kickboxers have been so inactive? I've not read of any retirements. I know Spong has been doing solely Boxing. But Ghita and Saki have all but disapeared.

They got paid well by Glory early on. It wasn't sustainable for Glory and the top paychecks went down a lot, some fighters have had more trouble accepting that than others.

Ghita admits he trains for a comeback. Saki waits a big purse. Spong will never come back probably, his leg was badly injured. So he will stick to kickboxing.

maybe Saki can come back if glory start to hype up his rematch against Verhoeven and throw this fight on instambul or Amsterdam to make it profitable,it ca generate amazing number for sure,not like the badr one but much more high than the common match ups that verhoeven have

Spong will be at boxing or moving for MMA again,considering he trains out with a lot of MMA elite guys,so he can be sharping his takedown skills

the one who i dont see coming back is Ghita for sure there are talkings of him coming back since 3 years from now,the rumours always proved it wrong and he is like 36yo now

maybe Saki can come back if glory start to hype up his rematch against Verhoeven and throw this fight on instambul or Amsterdam to make it profitable,it ca generate amazing number for sure,not like the badr one but much more high than the common match ups that verhoeven have

Spong will be at boxing or moving for MMA again,considering he trains out with a lot of MMA elite guys,so he can be sharping his takedown skills

the one who i dont see coming back is Ghita for sure there are talkings of him coming back since 3 years from now,the rumours always proved it wrong and he is like 36yo now

Even though I wish you'd be right, I actually think Ghita is the most likely to fight again soon in KB out of the 3.

I really wish Spong would come back though. But between his leg injury, what he has already achieved in Kickboxing, the lack of money for athletes in KB nowadays and his potential in Boxing or MMA if he transitions now, I can understand why he doesn't come back.

What cracks me up is these guys think they are just going to go to MMA or Boxing and get top money like they were getting at their peak in Kickboxing. Maybe years from now if they prove themselves, but they're gonna have to fight for low purses until then.

Back