Going to sell my guitar

itrainUFC

Black Belt in UFC
@Blue
Reaction score

Is metal an easy genre to play? Why are these young asian girls slaying us? lololol. but for cereal i might be done. Modern metal in america sucks balls.

It's because the smug little bastards think they're so clever with their dexterity and reflexes.

now lets see her improvise a solo over some chords ;) no for real though, very impressive.

Is metal an easy genre to play? Why are these young asian girls slaying us? lololol. but for cereal i might be done. Modern metal in america sucks balls.

I don't think you're looking in the right places

Imagine if Page, Iommi, Hendrix, Petrucci, etc. just threw down their instruments the very first time they encountered Asian tots with guitars... rock and metal as we know it may have never come into existence.

What I'm saying, is- you cant just concede and let these little booger eaters have an easy win, man! What kind of life is that?

It's an uphill fight, but we all gotta do it. Do I have to transcribe the speech from Brave Heart for you- are you really gonna make me go that far?! Sack up and annihilate these little turds, man! Do your part!

I know you got kids or a wife or at least nephews who are depending on you. Don't let em see you like this. If you know you're gonna lose, at least do it in the middle of an 8 minute sweep-picking solo or something

Imagine if Page, Iommi, Hendrix, Petrucci, etc. just threw down their instruments the very first time they encountered Asian tots with guitars... rock and metal as we know it may have never come into existence.

What I'm saying, is- you cant just concede and let these little booger eaters have an easy win, man! What kind of life is that?

It's an uphill fight, but we all gotta do it. Do I have to transcribe the speech from Brave Heart for you- are you really gonna make me go that far?! Sack up and annihilate these little turds, man! Do your part!

I know you got kids or a wife or at least nephews who are depending on you. Don't let em see you like this. If you know you're gonna lose, at least do it in the middle of an 8 minute sweep-picking solo or something
ehh. american metal has taken a turn for the worst.
all we do is djent and noodle on the fret boards as fast as we can to prove that we are technical.

I can't even play an f chord <DCrying><DCrying>

ehh. american metal has taken a turn for the worst.
all we do is djent and noodle on the fret boards as fast as we can to prove that we are technical.

Yeah that's a good point.

What I should have pointed out was that no matter how technically impressive (fast) someone is on the guitar, you can't teach them how to write or make moving songs. You can't teach soul, but you can feel it (if you're trying and honest), so the best thing to do is to go the David Gilmour route and just create awesome songs (and solos) without getting caught up in speed wars (which aren't that impressive to me anyway, especially if scores of 3 year olds can do them).

On one hand - yeah it's impressive to see a little kid with that amount of ability already.

On the other hand there's nothing else good about it, so big whoop.

It wasn't good to listen to, there was no style or expression to the playing, and it was actually fairly sloppy and out of time with the backing track.

I think the fact that you can take a 9 year old kid and with enough hours and discipline it can learn to shred kind demonstrates the point that building chops and building your own voice and artistry as player are two different things.

Just practice, practice, practice - And then make the world's greatest K-Pop group. That'll show em.

I can't even play an f chord <DCrying><DCrying>

Are there any stretches I can do during day away From guitar ?

Just gotta keep practicing it. Every guitar player struggled with barre chords.

The F chord is moveable so maybe you can try playing that chord shape on the 5th fret. It will become an A chord.

It'll be a lot easier to hold down. When you get more comfortable, you can try the F chord again.

Last edited:
She's already picking up some "feel" compared to only a year ago.

Since she already has shredding technique, her migration toward expression of emotion in her playing will likely have her coming from that direction and then through players like Buckethead who also "started shred but evolved into a complete guitar player".....or maybe John Sykes to pick up that sweet vibrato.

Orianthi was pigeonholed as a soulless shredder until she showed up at "crossroads festival".

Wish she would show more of this kind of stuff.

Back