Going to Chicago for a trip - any suggestions? UPDATE: I'm here

the muntjac

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
hi_everybody.jpg

I'm going to be in Chicago for a few days starting Sunday, and since it's my first time visiting, I was wondering if any Chicagoans or those who have been before have any suggestions of places to check out, places to avoid, good restaurant options (particularly the pizza), good breweries, etc.

I hear the L-Train is the best option to get around the city. Is this true?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks, sherbros and shergals.

Where you staying? I been there twice and stayed in the loop. Everything you need to see will be in the loop. Depending on where you're going, you will take different colored trains. Lincoln park is one destination that is outside of the loop that I would recommend going to.

Chinatown, little Italy are cool. Not much to see but food. Other than that, stay in teh loop if you want to live. Try not to go too far down south of the loop though. That's where all the poverty is. Northern loop is where all the rich folks be at. You can tell cuz Magnificent mile is there. Michael Jordan's steak house is there too.

Yea, just visiting the loop is enough to take 4 days out of your trip. I also highly recommend you buying the city pass. Best purchase evarrrrr.

Where you staying? I been there twice and stayed in the loop. Everything you need to see will be in the loop. Depending on where you're going, you will take different colored trains. Lincoln park is one destination that is outside of the loop that I would recommend going to.

Chinatown, little Italy are cool. Not much to see but food. Other than that, stay in teh loop if you want to live. Try not to go too far down south of the loop though. That's where all the poverty is. Northern loop is where all the rich folks be at. You can tell cuz Magnificent mile is there. Michael Jordan's steak house is there too.

Yea, just visiting the loop is enough to take 4 days out of your trip. I also highly recommend you buying the city pass. Best purchase evarrrrr.

Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna have to brush up on the loop.

I'm staying near Lincoln Park a little south of Wrigley Field.

I might rent a car for a day only because I want to check out Three Floyds Brewing and Galloping Ghost Arcade, and those are both a distance out of the city.

Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna have to brush up on the loop.

I'm staying near Lincoln Park a little south of Wrigley Field.

I might rent a car for a day only because I want to check out Three Floyds Brewing and Galloping Ghost Arcade, and those are both a distance out of the city.

Lincoln Park is a great place to stay, a lot to do there and easy access to public transportation. What things are you looking to do? What are your interests?

I mean, I'm gonna have to try a deep dish out there, but yeah, I prefer thin crust.

The thin crust pizza here really is not that good, New York is much better. The best "Chicago style" Pizza is Lou Malnati's.

Lincoln Park is a great place to stay, a lot to do there and easy access to public transportation. What things are you looking to do? What are your interests?

Besides eating and drinking, I'd like to check out a few museums. I'm not big into baseball, but I'm thinking of going to a game just to experience Wrigley Field. I don't know, basically just do what a normal tourist would do. See the sights and such.

The thin crust pizza here really is not that good, New York is much better. The best "Chicago style" Pizza is Lou Malnati's.

Man, I ate so much pizza in New York, it almost killed me, but damn is it good. I'm gonna have to get some of this Lou Maltini's. Thanks for the heads up.

The Field Museum is really nice, so is the Shed Aquarium. the Museum of Science and industry is good too, but it is kind of a distance from You, it is near the University of Chicago. Honestly all of the major museums are worth going to. The Lincoln park Zoo is near where you are staying and it is free.

a chicago dog is actually pretty damn good.

i didnt like deep dish pizza, but i guess if youve never had it you gotta try it. ive had gino's and another one of the highly frequented ones; cant remember which it was. but man, that 'crust' was just some god damn cardboard, and i expected it to be fulllll of sauce/cheese but it really wasnt.

I mean, I'm gonna have to try a deep dish out there, but yeah, I prefer thin crust.
Don't call it deep dish. Just call it pizza. Lou Malnatti's the go-to, but there's also Giordano's. It's a great town. So many hot women saddled to so many fat dudes. People say avoid the South Side, but I think that's where Chinatown is. There's a restaurant converted from a great house called Roseangeli's. Or Rose Angeli's? Tucked away in a sleepy little neighborhood. Nice date place.

Don't ask for ketchup. Especially on your dog. They got strong opinions on that sort of thing.

Back