Going to be playing Diablo 2 for the very first time tonight. Tips?

Path of Exile is great and is constantly getting more content. Diablo 2 is an unchanging classic so pick the one that appeals to you more.

Diablo 3 is a steaming turd that appeals to young kids and complete morons.

Play with a tenured player and TP for WP.. is that still a thing??

You can skip really boring parts of the game this way like the sanctuary in Act II or the Kurast Jungles. Once you can start running Mephistopheles and Diablo you are gonna start getting some good loot. Focus on magic find (more important in D2) and run them on NM difficulty when you get there.

I would recommend starting off with a Sorceress as their Teleport ability and spells like Frozen Orb and Meteor melts bosses.

I had a badass MF Sorc (magic find sorceress) who found me a ton of great loot for my other classes like my Smiteadin and Werebear (Werebear focused Druid and Paladin focused on Smite).

Oh and have fun getting stun locked by those little ankle biters in act III.

You can skip really boring parts of the game this way like the sanctuary in Act II

You were probably just playing it wrong. Play with the lights off, headphones, and music up for the max Arcane Sanctuary experience.

It also helps if you're not playing a skelemancer.

plus, poe's best days are long gone. it's bullshit pathofnetflix candy crush pretending to be an arpg. the power creep has trivialized the game so much that it's just pointless to even play.
Have you cleared guardians/shaper/elder/uber atziri/hall of grandmasters?

I'm sure a lot of people that call the game trivial haven't cleared the hard content.

Have you cleared guardians/shaper/elder/uber atziri/hall of grandmasters?

I'm sure a lot of people that call the game trivial haven't cleared the hard content.

...seriously? what hard content?

all but elder. i didn't play 3.1 ANY halfway decent pvp setup/player should have no problem with hog. it's not like there's a bcr gem, or anything.

to put this all in perspective: the shaper got one-shot in 3.0 by a gc miner setup. that setup received numerous buffs in 3.1 (damn near everything got buffed, but not like gc mines. we're talking a 7L setup plus base crit... just on helms). it's trash. so what, now the shaper dies in... half a salvo? the "balance team experts" are clueless and the game, itself, is shit. it trivialized the hell out of its own content and is just a mindless click fest. and i saw some of the reveals for 3.2 - it looks to be even worse. they "revamped" ascendancies - and nerfed nothing. the most broken, OP, game trivializing shit... got buffed. again.

edit: added videos from 2 of my pvp buds.

Last edited:
Unless you're absolutely hardcore, you're not going to notice the nuanced differences between D2 and D3. Run around. Kill mobs. Level up. Get loot.

If you like that kind of gameplay D2 will satisfy.

Get a friend to join it will be so much more fun. BTW how's the population on bnet? Last time Hell had 6 or 7 games? About 5 years ago last time I checked lol.

If solo summon necro, hammerdin, and meteorb sorc can solo even hell. Get some DR and stack your resistances. Get a good merc.

Diablo 2 is a classic. It's superior to 3 in every way except graphics, which to me don't matter at all.

Diablo 2 is a classic. It's superior to 3 in every way except graphics, which to me don't matter at all.

3 has to be the most disappointed video game of all time. I wasn't even excited for it, but my friends were all hyped up and I got infected. Beat the game on Torment with the Immortal Wizard glitch (that was known and went unfixed for months) and never looked back.

To the OP, Diablo 2 is probably my favorite game of all time, I'd suggest using a guide if it's your first time, but don't be afraid to experiment too. Keep an eye out for interesting item combos and remember that in ARPGs resistances are king. If you like it you really should try POE if you get a chance, it has a boatload of great features.

3 has to be the most disappointed video game of all time. I wasn't even excited for it, but my friends were all hyped up and I got infected. Beat the game on Torment with the Immortal Wizard glitch (that was known and went unfixed for months) and never looked back.

To the OP, Diablo 2 is probably my favorite game of all time, I'd suggest using a guide if it's your first time, but don't be afraid to experiment too. Keep an eye out for interesting item combos and remember that in ARPGs resistances are king. If you like it you really should try POE if you get a chance, it has a boatload of great features.

In a long line of disappointing games, Diablo 3 is probably the #2 most disappointing for me, topped only by Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning.

Diablo 3's only redeeming quality is that you can actually play it solo and be productive. And once again, maybe the graphics. Everything else about the game, compared to 2, was a failure.

Update, TS?

How has your experience been so far?

I loved D2 but I was pretty young when I played it, I have D3 and it's fun but if I ever get a PC I will switch back to D2 for sure. Lots of good memories and nostalgia from that game.

The best thing D3 did was bring back the Necro, that was always one of my favorite rpg classes going back to Everquest and obviously D2. Very fun class.

Update, TS?

How has your experience been so far?

I loved D2 but I was pretty young when I played it, I have D3 and it's fun but if I ever get a PC I will switch back to D2 for sure. Lots of good memories and nostalgia from that game.

The best thing D3 did was bring back the Necro, that was always one of my favorite rpg classes going back to Everquest and obviously D2. Very fun class.

Everquest has a new classic server coming in a few weeks, have you thought about trying it?

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-coirnav-true-box-progression-server-anniversary-feb-2018

Everquest has a new classic server coming in a few weeks, have you thought about trying it?

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-coirnav-true-box-progression-server-anniversary-feb-2018

That's awesome man! Thanks for the link.

If I end up getting a PC in a couple months I will definitely check this out, nothing is as nostalgic to me as EQ. Me and my brother and even my dad played this game in the early 2000's it was something we had never seen or experienced before. I'll probably never get as sucked into another game like I did with EQ.

Back