Going back to Aldo vs. McGregor...

All i see from you guys are the same bullshit excuses, ahh he wasn't medically cleared, he just wasn't ready, it wasn't the right time, it would have been foolish given the circumstances, his gynecologist told him he needed more rest, fucking yada yday yada. Same nonsense spewed by every Aldo nutthugger on the forum. The truth is Aldo is shit scared of McGregor and doesn't want to touch him again, all he does it talk, i'll do this and that but when given the chance he is too busy spilling piss.

LOL A fallen champ refusing a crucial rematch, one weight class up, on 2 weeks notice is "bullshit excuses"... only in shertard land.

aldo hardly uses his leg kicks anymore, fight always ends up like that one way or another imo.

aldo has always lept in like that, he just did it sooner than usual.

conor is just better on the feet, aldo is more well rounded but conor's hands > aldo's everything.

it's sad that people still try to discredit the win, or are delusional enough to think it was a fluke.

Inside leg kicks to the front leg ...

Do you follow kickboxing, Muay Thai at all? Yes, you can target the lead leg, but often, you go after the rear leg. Did you honestly think that low kicks went out the window in southpaw/orthodox matchups?

And if fighters can do it to a sharpshooter like Petrosyan, they sure as hell can do it to a novice kickboxer like Conor.

Conor is the one ducking the ufc and title defenses. Conor is the only fighter to have ever been stripped for refusing to defend.

Conor nut hug all you want he is scared to fight. He will be at home breast feeding his kid while the real fighters fight.
Blah blah blah, that's all i see, same monotone drivel that spews out of Aldo fans

Blah blah blah, that's all i see, same monotone drivel that spews out of Aldo fans

I am no more an Aldo fan than any other. Truth hurts. Conor is a grossly over hyped, Dana protected gate keeper who is scared to defend and completely ducking the UFC. He ran with his tail tucked and tits out to breastfeed

Do you follow kickboxing, Muay Thai at all? Yes, you can target the lead leg, but often, you go after the rear leg. Did you honestly think that low kicks went out the window in southpaw/orthodox matchups?

And if fighters can do it to a sharpshooter like Petrosyan, they sure as hell can do it to a novice kickboxer like Conor.

Wrong... You hardly ever go after the rear leg with a leg kick.

You always target the front leg. When you're fighting an orthodox fighter you target the outside of their left leg, and if you are fighting a southpaw you target the inside of their right leg.

I am no more an Aldo fan than any other. Truth hurts. Conor is a grossly over hyped, Dana protected gate keeper who is scared to defend and completely ducking the UFC. He ran with his tail tucked and tits out to breastfeed
Yup sure thing, the only fighter in the UFC to hold 2 belts simultaneously by beating the best of the best is a gatekeeper now.. haha fucking hell it looks like you took that loss worse than Aldo did.

Do you guys think Jose could have won a decision exploring his leg kicks? The fight was so fast, it was a shame we didnt have the opportunity to see these 2 GOATS in action... could have been a great one.

I hope there is a second fight, but probably wont :( .
I also hope for a second fight. After McGregor loses to Mayweather, it will be a bittersweet welcome back contest. if Aldo can keep his head on and take out Holloway with the skill that he dominated Edgar, it will be a scary prospect for a 1-down Mystic Mac and a very compelling rematch.

Conor KOs him everytime.
Keep dreaming. There's a reason 13 seconds was a record because it just never happens. Fluke til proven otherwise ala Cain JDS 2 and 3. Fighters get caught, deal with it.

The biggest shame Colin is too much of a bitch made mark to prove it wasn't a fluke in a rematch.

Keep dreaming. There's a reason 13 seconds was a record because it just never happens. Fluke til proven otherwise ala Cain JDS 2 and 3. Fighters get caught, deal with it.

The biggest shame Colin is too much of a bitch made mark to prove it wasn't a fluke in a rematch.
Colin? How is that even clever?

Taking the fight in what, a week notice? only nate diaz is cray enough :)
Jose said "Anytime, anywhere" and then he got offered a rematch and didn't want it, no sympathy for Jose he doesn't really want it. As for Conor he needs to fight Tony

In before someone posts the Aldo quote of him saying "anytime, anywhere" acting like it meant Aldo should fight with no camp, two broken legs, the day after his wife and mother die in the car crash. BUT HE SAID ANY TIME ANYWHERE. He had his chance to rematch Conor.

Such bullshit from conor fans. They know damn well that the situation was unfair to Aldo, but they'd rather not admit it.

As unfair as you make it seem, it's fighting he had to know he there was a good chance he wouldn't get another shot at Conor. I would agree it's not fair Jose hasn't gotten a rematch and probably never will however look at Conor's perspective:

1st scheduled fight they toured the world for months, largest build up for a UFC event event ever and then.... Jose Pulls with what he says was a broken rib (It was bruised). Conor took the Mendes fight despite an injury which had it's risks and won (You can make the argument about Chad being out of shape all you want but the fact is he TOOK the fight) Then 5 months later Conor Knock's out Jose in 13 seconds. Then says he will fight Conor "Anytime, anywhere" and that he will be training to fight Conor and nobody else. Then get's offered Conor on short notice and he declines. If he really was training exclusively for Conor shouldn't he as most fighters do be prepared to fight at larger weight just in case RDA pulls????

My point is yes Jose deserves a rematch there is no doubt about it he was a world class champion and absolutely a dominant killer at featherweight for YEARS, but at the same time he would of gotten rematch had he one not pulled out the first time with a "Bruised Rib" and two had he been prepared and taken the fight on short notice.

Yup sure thing, the only fighter in the UFC to hold 2 belts simultaneously by beating the best of the best is a gatekeeper now.. haha fucking hell it looks like you took that loss worse than Aldo did.

He was allowed to be the first. Others had previously been denied. Dana has bent over backwards to keep the Conor money flow coming in.

Conor is ducking real fights and the division. He knows his no-camp match ups and tailor made fights (Ed) are over and is avoiding the inevitable beatings he would suffer from Tony, Khabib and several others. Gatekeeper might end up a compliment when it's done and he is remembered as can crusher

Aldos best tactic if there is a return would be to avoid getting punched in the face and ktfo so maybe leg kicks could be a plan.
I can't see them fighting again though.

I don't really see what Aldo has for McGregor?

He likes the technical scrappy fights alas Mendes and Edgar but that don't work with McGregor. Plus the power is a problem for him evidently.

But Aldo is never sharing a cage with McGregor again.

Yeah because Conor climbed up the ladder to prove he earned the gifted title shot...beating Nate via majority decision doesn't warrant a fucking LW shot lmao especially since it was at 170.

You conor noobs are too much.

Wrong... You hardly ever go after the rear leg with a leg kick.

You always target the front leg. When you're fighting an orthodox fighter you target the outside of their left leg, and if you are fighting a southpaw you target the inside of their right leg.

I think that we're misunderstanding each other. In your initial post, you seemed to be implying that kicking a southpaw's lead leg was a bad idea (because you can get hard checked). Now you're saying that the orthodox fighter should mostly attack the lead leg? Feel free to clarify what that vague initial post meant.

Either way, you are just plain wrong about attacking the rear leg being rare. Watch any Gevorg Petrosyan fight for an example. It's a bread and butter move for him ...and just about any good kicker facing a reverse stance.

Back