Going back to Aldo vs. McGregor...

I think nate was coming of beating micheal johnson. I think thats the great khabibis last victory too. If aldo fought conor again it wouldnt have been such a bad idea. If you lose you only still lost to conor and that the only person you want to fight anyways.

Thank god that you are not a fighter, trainer or manager.

Feel like it could've been a great fight. Maybe a FOTY contender. The first fight being 13 seconds means nothing with regards to how a rematch could play out.

Aldo KO'd Mendes in the first round in their first fight, then had a 5-round war in the rematch. As unlikely as it is to ever happen, I'd love to see them run it back.

My observations:

1) They are not going to fight again. Aldo is merely an obstacle from the past now.
2) Conor is 20-30% better version of himself compared to when they fought. And his potential is yet to come.
3) Aldo might have had chance then, using kicks and what you're suggesting, but we'll never know.

Aldo has little chance against Conor. He's best striker in MMA - why do you think UFC only put Conor only against strikers? Not to mention bigger longer stronger. His kicks and distance wont allow Aldo to throw leg kicks. I give Frankie a much better shot. Styles make fights...

'Distance' is not going to help you if the opponent has good timing. He will crack you as you step in, when you have your weight on the leg, unable to pull back or lift to check. Or he will catch you when you retreat. Just to give two examples among many.

If I were Aldo though, I wouldn't bank on the low kick vs McGregor. At least, not until he slows down.

I would go for the arms and body with the middle kick, and throw in a few high kicks as well. These are the best weapons against a guy who is boxing-focused and does not have any real experience dealing with good kickers.

Aldo made a career out of beating wrestlers who can barely box,first time he fought someone with exceptional boxing for mma and power he got slept.

I think Aldo can beat Conor a second time around... Would like to see a rematch :)

giphy.gif

I predicted a Conor first round KO in the first fight, but if Aldo stayed on the outside and fought like Maia in the rematch he'd win by sub.

Aldo was Conor's best win. Outside that, Conor is a can crusher who is fully ducking the UFC knowing he won't get any more tailor made fights.

Ed was fed to Conor. Dana admitted making that decision when Conor told him he was pregnant. Just another can. Conor went 1 - 1 against super heavy weight Nate, lmfao.

Conor also lost to Siver. Dennis beat him on points round one and lost to an eye poke from Conor's right hand thumb in the second. Conor barely survived a gassed, no camp Mini Mendes.

Let's face it, the Aldo fight will be the highlight of an otherwise unimpressive career and Conor will never agree to a rematch knowing it would not happen twice.

Get him to do a Conor and actually challenge him for his belt at LW, That would be the only scenario that would interest me.

Aldo was Conor's best win. Outside that, Conor is a can crusher who is fully ducking the UFC knowing he won't get any more tailor made fights.

Ed was fed to Conor. Dana admitted making that decision when Conor told him he was pregnant. Just another can. Conor went 1 - 1 against super heavy weight Nate, lmfao.

Conor also lost to Siver. Dennis beat him on points round one and lost to an eye poke from Conor's right hand thumb in the second. Conor barely survived a gassed, no camp Mini Mendes.

Let's face it, the Aldo fight will be the highlight of an otherwise unimpressive career and Conor will never agree to a rematch knowing it would not happen twice.

c14.jpg

Aldo was always too scared to move up to 155. He had his chance against Frankie and Bendo and didn't do it.

No it's actually because Dana said he'd have to give up the FW belt if he wanted to move up.

Aldo can deffo beat MacG but it would need Aldo to not be as wobbly mentally

Sure he could last longer with a smarter game-plan but I don't see him leg kicking his way to victory. People seem to be forgetting Conor is a southpaw, in orthodox vs southpaw, its easy for either fighter to tag each other with outside leg kicks using their own lead legs. However throwing the more powerful rear low kick to the inside of the opponents rear leg is harder to land because the target is farther away and the kick is easier to read. Conor would see those leg kicks coming a mile a way and either check them or counter Aldo.

Conor is a master entering peoples minds... Aldo went for broke and payed the price. He shouldnt have lost that way.
This. He needs to accept what had happened and admit that Conor is a top opponent. He does have the tools to win without going for broke. But I see Conor triggering Aldo again and again.

Nate is a LW. Plus, he was a 19-10 non-contender at the time. For him, taking a huge paycheck and getting a shot at the hottest fighter on the roster was a smart move. For Aldo, a long reigning champion who had just been KOed, it would have been one of the dumbest career moves ever.

Seriously, WTF is wrong with you guys?
All i see from you guys are the same bullshit excuses, ahh he wasn't medically cleared, he just wasn't ready, it wasn't the right time, it would have been foolish given the circumstances, his gynecologist told him he needed more rest, fucking yada yday yada. Same nonsense spewed by every Aldo nutthugger on the forum. The truth is Aldo is shit scared of McGregor and doesn't want to touch him again, all he does it talk, i'll do this and that but when given the chance he is too busy spilling piss.

All i see from you guys are the same bullshit excuses, ahh he wasn't medically cleared, he just wasn't ready, it wasn't the right time, it would have been foolish given the circumstances, his gynecologist told him he needed more rest, fucking yada yday yada. Same nonsense spewed by every Aldo nutthugger on the forum. The truth is Aldo is shit scared of McGregor and doesn't want to touch him again, all he does it talk, i'll do this and that but when given the chance he is too busy spilling piss.

Conor is the one ducking the ufc and title defenses. Conor is the only fighter to have ever been stripped for refusing to defend.

Conor nut hug all you want he is scared to fight. He will be at home breast feeding his kid while the real fighters fight.

Aldo should have used his right inside leg kick and left body kick a lot.

He should've avoided boxing and only used his jab to set up these kicks.

Sure he could last longer with a smarter game-plan but I don't see him leg kicking his way to victory. People seem to be forgetting Conor is a southpaw, in orthodox vs southpaw, its easy for either fighter to tag each other with outside leg kicks using their own lead legs. However throwing the more powerful rear low kick to the inside of the opponents rear leg is harder to land because the target is farther away and the kick is easier to read. Conor would see those leg kicks coming a mile a way and either check them or counter Aldo.

Inside leg kicks to the front leg ...

Conor actually could fight Aldo again...but it will only happen if Conor "retires" and comes back for a super fight and a big pay day. I don't think Aldo's leg kicks will make of the difference against Conor's reach/speed/timing. He'll get a few kicks off and then eat a left when Conor catches him and it'll be the same outcome most likely.

Back