GODZILLA II: KING OF THE MONSTERS (Final Trailer; First Reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shin Godzilla just won best picture at the Japanese Academy Awards.

Update: March 27, 2017

STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON's O'Shea Jackson Jr. Joins GODZILLA: KING OF MONSTERS

u2eKCos.jpg

Straight Outta Compton star O’Shea Jackson Jr. is in negotiations to join Legendary’s Godzilla: King of the Monsters.

The movie already stars Stranger Things stand-out Millie Bobby Brown, along with Kyle Chandler and Vera Farmiga. Krampus helmer Michael Dougherty is directing the project from a script he penned with Zach Shields.

Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Bryan Cranston, Ken Watanabe, and Elizabeth Olsen starred in the 2014 Godzilla reboot, directed by Gareth Edwards. Sources tell Variety that Watanabe is the only original cast member likely to return for the second installment.

Alex Garcia will oversee the tentpole for Legendary. Godzilla: King of Monsters hits theaters on March 22, 2019, with the monster mash-up Godzilla vs. Kong slated to bow the following year on May 29, 2020.

Legendary and Warner Bros. announced in late 2015 that all future King Kong and Godzilla movies would be developed by Legendary and distributed by Warner Bros., starting with Kong: Skull Island. Legendary currently holds a distribution deal with Universal, but in order to re-team Godzilla and King Kong, the studio returned the rights to WB.

Jackson garnered rave reviews after portraying his father, Ice Cube, in the N.W.A biopic Straight Outta Compton. He recently received another round of strong notices (including being named one of Sundance Film Festival 2017’s breakout stars by Variety) for his role as Aubrey Plaza and Elizabeth Olsen’s drug dealer in Ingrid Goes West. Jackson is currently filming the STX action pic Den of Thieves.

‘Straight Outta Compton’ Star O’Shea Jackson Jr. Eyes ‘Godzilla: King of Monsters’ (Exclusive)

It's about the Monsters Ken Watanabe can say let them fight for 40 mins as long as I see Godzilla wreck havoc.

Update: March 27, 2017

STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON's O'Shea Jackson Jr. Joins GODZILLA: KING OF MONSTERS

OShea-Jackson-Godzilla-King-of-Monsters-Dragonlord.jpg

Straight Outta Compton star O’Shea Jackson Jr. is in negotiations to join Legendary’s Godzilla: King of the Monsters.

The movie already stars Stranger Things stand-out Millie Bobby Brown, along with Kyle Chandler and Vera Farmiga. Krampus helmer Michael Dougherty is directing the project from a script he penned with Zach Shields.

Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Bryan Cranston, Ken Watanabe, and Elizabeth Olsen starred in the 2014 Godzilla reboot, directed by Gareth Edwards. Sources tell Variety that Watanabe is the only original cast member likely to return for the second installment.

Alex Garcia will oversee the tentpole for Legendary. Godzilla: King of Monsters hits theaters on March 22, 2019, with the monster mash-up Godzilla vs. Kong slated to bow the following year on May 29, 2020.

Legendary and Warner Bros. announced in late 2015 that all future King Kong and Godzilla movies would be developed by Legendary and distributed by Warner Bros., starting with Kong: Skull Island. Legendary currently holds a distribution deal with Universal, but in order to re-team Godzilla and King Kong, the studio returned the rights to WB.

Jackson garnered rave reviews after portraying his father, Ice Cube, in the N.W.A biopic Straight Outta Compton. He recently received another round of strong notices (including being named one of Sundance Film Festival 2017’s breakout stars by Variety) for his role as Aubrey Plaza and Elizabeth Olsen’s drug dealer in Ingrid Goes West. Jackson is currently filming the STX action pic Den of Thieves.

‘Straight Outta Compton’ Star O’Shea Jackson Jr. Eyes ‘Godzilla: King of Monsters’ (Exclusive)

Dr. Dre and Eazy-E were distracting in King Kong. Only because the only place I know them from is SOC and 24 trailers.

They're calling it King of Monsters just like the original 1954 version. Would this mean that they're going to follow the original story & feel of it more closely?

I had some discussions with a couple of people who preferred the 1954 version over the 1998 version. & that's saying a lot with the dated music, laughable miniatures, & overacting by almost everyone except the lead actor... but they seemed to prefer the vibe of the movie. I would assume the comic relief in the 1998 one is what put them off & maybe the 4 or 5 sub stories were too much... whereas the original was just one main story with a side love story. Mainly though, the original had a serious vibe throughout the entire movie & that may be what they prefer the most.

Good sh!t O'shea is a natural in front of the camera. Reminds me of when his pops costarred in that snake movie with Jlo.

They're calling it King of Monsters just like the original 1954 version. Would this mean that they're going to follow the original story & feel of it more closely?

I had some discussions with a couple of people who preferred the 1954 version over the 1998 version. & that's saying a lot with the dated music, laughable miniatures, & overacting by almost everyone except the lead actor... but they seemed to prefer the vibe of the movie. I would assume the comic relief in the 1998 one is what put them off & maybe the 4 or 5 sub stories were too much... whereas the original was just one main story with a side love story. Mainly though, the original had a serious vibe throughout the entire movie & that may be what they prefer the most.

That was me, and I don't like 1998 version because fundamentally it was not Godzilla. He's supposed to be an essentially indestructible force that just destroys everything in its path, and who's motives are a mystery. 1998 Godzilla was just an overgrown dinosaur looking to lay its eggs, and it got put down by the first missiles that actually hit it.

1998 Godzilla was a fucking can with no chin and no body count.

That was me, and I don't like 1998 version because fundamentally it was not Godzilla. He's supposed to be an essentially indestructible force that just destroys everything in its path, and who's motives are a mystery. 1998 Godzilla was just an overgrown dinosaur looking to lay its eggs, and it got put down by the first missiles that actually hit it.

1998 Godzilla was a fucking can with no chin and no body count.
Well let's hope that them calling this new one "King of monsters" is an indication that they're going to bring back that vibe.

Of all our conversations I never waz dissing that side of it, nor the side of it that waz "completely serious" the whole time. The 1998 one had a lot of comedy relief stuff... & the original waz just straight up... "this is devistaing & this is why." Aside from the dated aspects of the movie... there'z a lot I like about it. The Scientists sacrifice at the end of the movie waz a real tear jerker as well.

Update: March 3, 2017

HAMILTON's Anthony Ramos Joins GODZILLA: KING OF MONSTERS

WDcHl4C.jpg

Anthony Ramos has been cast in Legendary/Warner Bros’ upcoming monster sequel Godzilla: King of the Monsters, joining Millie Bobby Brown, Vera Farmiga, Kyle Chandler, Ken Watanabe, O’Shea Jackson Jr and Aisha Hinds.

Michael Dougherty is directing from a script he co-wrote with Zach Shields.

Ramos will play Cpl. Mendoza, who keeps calm and cool on the surface but whose bravery isn’t to be underestimated in battle. No plot details have been released for the film, which hits theaters March 22, 2019.

In addition, Ramos has landed a role in Warner Bros’ Bradley Cooper-directed musical A Star Is Born, starring Cooper and Stefani Germanotta, aka Lady Gaga. Written by Eric Roth, the remake of William Wellman’s 1937 film will bow in theaters September 28, 2018.

Ramos starred in the dual role of John Laurens and
Philip Hamilton in the hit Broadway musical Hamilton. He also stars as Mars Blackmon in Spike Lee’s forthcoming Netflix series She’s Gotta Have It and co-stars in Sundance breakout White Girl, which Fox Searchlight nabbed for $9.5M and will release it in select theaters July 7.

http://deadline.com/2017/05/anthony-ramos-a-star-is-born-godzilla-king-of-the-monsters-1202080399/

Update: May 18, 2017

Charles Dance Joins GODZILLA: KING OF MONSTERS; Sally Hawkins Returning

P27mmk0.jpg

Charles Dance, known for his role as Tywin Lannister in HBO’s Game of Thrones, has closed a deal to join Legendary/Warner Bros’ Michael Dougherty-helmed sequel Godzilla: King of the Monsters.

Sally Hawkins also has signed on to reprise her role of Dr. Vivienne Graham from 2014’s Godzilla, which was directed by Gareth Edwards.

The latest cast additions join Millie Bobby Brown, Vera Farmiga, Kyle Chandler, Ken Watanabe, Aisha Hinds and O’Shea Jackson Jr. in the pic, which will be out May 22, 2019.

Not much is known about the plot of the film, which was co-written by Dougherty and Zach Shields. It’s part of the Legendary/WB cinematic universe, which includes the recently released Kong: Skull Island, with the monster showdown Godzilla vs Kong slated to hit theaters May 22, 2020.

Dance next will be seen in Lisa Langseth’s directorial debut drama Euphoria starring Alicia Vikander, Eva Green and Charlotte Rampling. His other film credits include Me Before You, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, and Underworld: Blood Wars.

‘Game Of Thrones’ Alum Charles Dance Joins ‘Godzilla: King Of The Monsters;' Sally Hawkins to Reprise 'Godzilla' Role

Update: May 18, 2017

Charles Dance Joins GODZILLA: KING OF MONSTERS; Sally Hawkins Returning

Charles-Dance-Godzilla-King-of-Monsters-Dragonlord.jpg

Charles Dance, known for his role as Tywin Lannister in HBO’s Game of Thrones, has closed a deal to join Legendary/Warner Bros’ Michael Dougherty-helmed sequel Godzilla: King of the Monsters.

Sally Hawkins also has signed on to reprise her role of Dr. Vivienne Graham from 2014’s Godzilla, which was directed by Gareth Edwards.

The latest cast additions join Millie Bobby Brown, Vera Farmiga, Kyle Chandler, Ken Watanabe, Aisha Hinds and O’Shea Jackson Jr. in the pic, which will be out May 22, 2019.

Not much is known about the plot of the film, which was co-written by Dougherty and Zach Shields. It’s part of the Legendary/WB cinematic universe, which includes the recently released Kong: Skull Island, with the monster showdown Godzilla vs Kong slated to hit theaters May 22, 2020.

Dance next will be seen in Lisa Langseth’s directorial debut drama Euphoria starring Alicia Vikander, Eva Green and Charlotte Rampling. His other film credits include Me Before You, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, and Underworld: Blood Wars.

‘Game Of Thrones’ Alum Charles Dance Joins ‘Godzilla: King Of The Monsters;' Sally Hawkins to Reprise 'Godzilla' Role

This adds some regal awesomeness to this flick

I still don't understand how they can match up Kong vs Godzilla. They showed the skeletal remains of Kong's parents in Skull Island and they weren't much bigger than him. He has to grow so much to get anywhere near the size of Godzilla. I don't think they thought this through.

I still don't understand how they can match up Kong vs Godzilla. They showed the skeletal remains of Kong's parents in Skull Island and they weren't much bigger than him. He has to grow so much to get anywhere near the size of Godzilla. I don't think they thought this through.

You're way overthinking this. There'll be some cheap explanation - or not - and it doesn't matter anyway because we're talking about a giant radioactive lizard and a giant ape that gets hard for human women.

The best explanation I can thing of is that Skull island is set in 1973 a whole 43-44 years before the Next Godzilla Movie so possibly King will have a growth spurt or Monarch plays God and does experiments that cause Kong to mutate . Best guess is that he will still be smaller than Godzilla but will have an agility advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back