PlayStation GOD OF WAR [2016, PS4]

Microsoft is just getting trounced this gen. Are they even trying anymore?

I can't wait for this. Easily one of the most (or, the most) anticipated games of the year.

I've been playing this since God of war first came out and it was one of the greatest games I played. I've been walking around my house randomly saying "I am the God of war!" To no one in particular.

First game I've bought since far cry 4. I've spent years playing all the free games that come out. This will probably be the first game I beat all the side quests on out of respect for the franchise that brought me hours of game play (except multiplayer. I never even clicked it on Ascension)

All those #NotMyGodOfWar posts seem just silly at this point.

I think you guys are on crack. This game is going to be amazing mark my words.

And right you are my friend... The game is getting GLOWING reviews right now. Shaping up to be the highest rated PS4 game of all time.

IGN: 10/10
Gamespot: 9/10
Game Informer: 9.75/10
Polygon: 10/10
CMMagazine: 10/10
Destructoid: 10/10
Guardian: 5/5
EGM: 9.5/10
Forbes: 9.5/10

And mannny others!

http://www.gamerankings.com/ps4/191627-god-of-war/index.html

It's also currently the highest rated God of War title!

And right you are my friend... The game is getting GLOWING reviews right now. Shaping up to be the highest rated PS4 game of all time.

IGN: 10/10
Gamespot: 9/10
Game Informer: 9.75/10
Polygon: 10/10
CMMagazine: 10/10
Destructoid: 10/10
Guardian: 5/5
EGM: 9.5/10
Forbes: 9.5/10

And mannny others!

http://www.gamerankings.com/ps4/191627-god-of-war/index.html

It's also currently the highest rated God of War title!
The hype is real, can’t wait till the 20th!!!!

Agreed. It's not even a hack and slash game anymore...this stuff looks so watered down. I wish they had just made a new IP rather that bastardizing Kratos like this.

And it bugs me since Sony keeps insisting that fans lost interest because the "gameplay got stale." No, fans lost interest because they completely butchered the gameplay and mechanics in Ascension and tried shoving an MP mode that no one wanted down our throats.
It's been getting rave reviews, but I agree with this part. Like...Why not just make a new and original IP?

It's been getting rave reviews, but I agree with this part. Like...Why not just make a new and original IP?
Existing franchises sell more, plus Kratos is an iconic character. Seems like no reviewer is complaining about a more personal story with Kratos.

Existing franchises sell more, plus Kratos is an iconic character. Seems like no reviewer is complaining about a more personal story with Kratos.

Yea, much easier sell and won’t come with the stigma of being a ripoff.

Yea, much easier sell and won’t come with the stigma of being a ripoff.
Yeah, I don’t know the story obviously but reviewers hint at the previous games happening. So why is it such a bad thing that this protagonist matured in his old age?

Yeah, I don’t know the story obviously but reviewers hint at the previous games happening. So why is it such a bad thing that this protagonist matured in his old age?

Watched this the other night. IGN gives a 7 minute synopsis up to this games release. And I thought it was well done.

I think people, after 7 games, have a specific Kratos in mind. Deviating away from that for some people would ruin his mythos of being rage incarnate.

Watched this the other night. IGN gives a 7 minute synopsis up to this games release. And I thought it was well done.

I think people, after 7 games, have a specific Kratos in mind. Deviating away from that for some people would ruin his mythos of being rage incarnate.

It’s been awhile since we last seen Kratos anyways, is it so bad to think he grew up in the time he’s been away?

It’s been awhile since we last seen Kratos anyways, is it so bad to think he grew up in the time he’s been away?

It doesn’t bother me one bit. After 7 games I welcome the changing story and Kratos. But, I can understand people’s hesitations that they might be buying Dad of War and not God of War.

It doesn’t bother me one bit. After 7 games I welcome the changing story and Kratos. But, I can understand people’s hesitations that they might be buying Dad of War and not God of War.

A huge factor for me is I love Norse mythology. I will definitely miss the Greek Gods and Titans but Viking Northern shit is amazing also.

Back