PlayStation GOD OF WAR [2016, PS4]

Maybe his son will grow up and continue his rage and legacy?

I think you’re also forgetting we’re going from Greek gods to Norse gods. Things are different , kratos is in the land of ice now. I’m very interested in seeing the weapons he creates or gets throughout the game and if his son grows up at all.

I think you’re also forgetting we’re going from Greek gods to Norse gods.

That part makes even less sense. How can you have multiple gods who are in charge of the same stuff? We have two gods of Thunder now? Not to mention that Kratos' actions in GoW3 led to floods, plagues, and all the souls in the underworld being released into the world...apparently none of that happened now?

I’m very interested in seeing the weapons he creates or gets throughout the game and if his son grows up at all.

From what I've read, the primary weapon is that axe. I guess you can throw it at folks and it acts like a boomerang. I guess it's different but it's not getting my heart pumping.

That part makes even less sense. How can you have multiple gods who are in charge of the same stuff? We have two gods of Thunder now? Not to mention that Kratos' actions in GoW3 led to floods, plagues, and all the souls in the underworld being released into the world...apparently none of that happened now?

I'm fine with it as long as the story isn't lazy. There are some creative people out there, so I have hope.

Looks different, but still looks great. I've been trying not to buy any new games (aside from Yakuza 6) until I finish some of my backlog.... but I may crack and preorder this.

Love when people tear something apart without playing a second of it.

From what I've read, the primary weapon is that axe. I guess you can throw it at folks and it acts like a boomerang. I guess it's different but it's not getting my heart pumping.
lol at only an axe. This isn’t far cry primal

hopefully less QTEs or none at all

I can't wait to play this and Spiderman on my PS4 pro + 50" 4k tv.

He abandoned his old realm after he destroyed it.

Preordered. GoW is one of those series that is so samey to me but always entertaining.

I was worried about the changes but it does look awesome. just hope the kid isn't too annoying.

I was worried about the changes but it does look awesome. just hope the kid isn't too annoying.
Reports I've read say the kid is actually the most helpful AI companion like, ever.

It looks pretty fucking stupid to me. All those canned animations that take forever.
And why is it that every goddamn game has to be an action RPG nowadays with loot and other garbage?
Sure, you had some progression in the past games, but all this new emphasis on gear (with rarity and whatnot) with stats. Leave that shit to the Diablos of this world, where that sort of stuff is actually fun.

And I just know this story with his son is going to pretty much blow cause writing in games for the most part is complete dogshit to begin with, with horrible use of movie tropes. I bet you somewhere down the line either Kratos or his kid dies and you will be forcefed all those faux deep feels. Forcing Kratos down this new found byronic hero path will be a mistake, I think.

Sure, I'll keep my ears perked on this and wait out on ACG's and Worth A Buy's (if he does it) reviews, but I'm just not excited about this game at the moment, at all.
Looks like a shitty version of Souls and other action RPG's with all these 'OMG YOU LOOK SO COOL' moments that'll grow stale incredibly fast imo.

Just my two cents so far. I will obviously read and watch a lot of reviews when it releases and give the game a fair deal. I'm not against change or evolving a gaming franchise (I LOVE Halo 5, flaws and all), but so far, all the changes I've seen in this game, are leaning towards stuff I mostly dislike in games.

Last edited:
It looks pretty fucking stupid to me. All those canned animations that take forever.
And why is it that every goddamn game has to be an action RPG nowadays with loot and other garbage?
Sure, you had some progression in the past games, but all this new emphasis on gear (with rarity and whatnot) with stats. Leave that shit to the Diablos of this world, where that sort of stuff is actually fun.

And I just know this story with his son is going to pretty much blow cause writing in games for the most part is complete dogshit to begin with, with horrible use of movie tropes. I bet you somewhere down the line either Kratos or his kid dies and you will be forcefed all those faux deep feels. Forcing Kratos down this new found byronic hero path will be a mistake, I think.

Sure, I'll keep my ears perked on this and wait out on ACG's and Worth A Buy's (if he does it) reviews, but I'm just not excited about this game at the moment, at all.
Looks like a shitty version of Souls and other action RPG's with all these 'OMG YOU LOOK SO COOL' moments that'll grow stale incredibly fast imo.

Just my two cents so far. I will obviously read and watch a lot of reviews when it releases and give the game a fair deal. I'm not against change or evolving a gaming franchise (I LOVE Halo 5, flaws and all), but so far, all the changes I've seen in this game, are leaning towards stuff I mostly dislike in games.

Stick to Halo and gtfo. Kratos owns your life.

Looks different, but still looks great. I've been trying not to buy any new games (aside from Yakuza 6) until I finish some of my backlog.... but I may crack and preorder this.

dude is Yakuza 6 worth it?

I loved Yakuza 0 just finished it and was thinking of getting yakuza 6 but reviews have not convinced me yet

dude is Yakuza 6 worth it?

I loved Yakuza 0 just finished it and was thinking of getting yakuza 6 but reviews have not convinced me yet

Since 0 is the prequel and 6 is the end of the story, and Kiwami 1 is out and 2 is coming out August there's a ton of Yakuza related stuff to play... but it's all very similar. If you're into Yakuza after 0 and want to see where the story goes I'd definitely say it's worth it.

I'm doing something probably dumb and playing through the whole series starting with 0 because I loved that fucking game so much.

Combat looks awful. There was nothing wrong with the GOW formula.

This looks like Hunted The Demon Forge and TLOU combined.

Me loving Kratos is why I'm NOT big on this new direction. He was unique because he's basically the villain and you get to play him. He was violent, irrational, always deflected blame, and always blamed others for his issues and loved to slaughter folks just for fun. Now they're just trying to make him into this sympathetic character which means he's now exactly like every other antihero out there...the thing that made him so unique as a character is gone.

His entire motivation is vengeance for his family. should be no surprise he's a family man.

Back