PlayStation GOD OF WAR [2016, PS4]

Need some combat tips please, and any tips on what combat upgrades to get first, because this first multiple steroid Draugur fight ("There's something coming from the wall! There's something coming from the wall!" Yeah, I got it the first time and heard the loud rock breaking sound.) is kicking my ass. It certainly doesn't help the kid keeps getting grabbed and I have to go save his dumbass. I'm playing on the difficulty one step above normal and am considering turning it down because it's pretty annoying getting two shot by projectile attacks. I've conquered Souls games, Bloodborne and Nioh and this is clearly took a ton of inspiration from those games but things aren't clicking for me yet.

Can you revisit places after you leave? I missed an artifact in the first area and can't go back.

Jeremy Davies! Love that dude and his acting mannerisms really shine through in his The Stranger character. So far loving the game, lukewarm on the combat but some of the upgrades sound cool.

On the combat tips i went heavy on the offense but you need a very high defensive armor for the Valkyries.

if you go into the fire realm you can collect smoldering items. The gear i made wasnt bested until the very end of the game so try that

I was talking about blowing the wad on the story in the scope of the series, not this game.

That still makes no fucking sense since there’s plenty of story left in the series. There’s so much more to the story left with tons of questions unanswered.

only Baldur and one of odin’s Son has died in this game. How on earth could you say they blew their wad with this story when there’s so many more Norse gods to kill?.. u didn’t play this did u?

I wished they added a sort of arena like they did in Assassin's Creed: Origins. It is a really fun idea.

But I can't wait to fuck up
Thor
in the sequel

I wished they added a sort of arena like they did in Assassin's Creed: Origins. It is a really fun idea.

But I can't wait to fuck up
Thor
in the sequel
None of us can lol. He's such a piece of shit.

Start the game on normal, infact normal is actually pretty difficult in areas. You will die. Normal in this game seems like the way to go first, then increase the difficulty. The combat will get mroe varied as you unlock more upgrades aswell as a later special weapon.

I just might. I figured normal was the usual braindead difficulty of most Western games. Glad to hear it stays challenging throughout.

I just might. I figured normal was the usual braindead difficulty of most Western games. Glad to hear it stays challenging throughout.
Its not challenging once the game gets going but the first bits arent too hard. A breath of fresh air compared to other normal difficulties where its obvious they just want to handhold the player until they finish the story. Valkayries kicked my ass 10 ways to Sunday, and the Queen is doing so right now and thats on normal difficulty. Give me god of war is gonna have me tearing my hair out.

None of us can lol. He's such a piece of shit.
Im used to the Marvel Thor so once I found out Thor was a grade a dickhead, multiple times throughout the story, I was really excited I was gonna bash his face in as an optional boss at the end after that cutscene played. Turned out it was just a teaser.

Its not challenging once the game gets going but the first bits arent too hard. A breath of fresh air compared to other normal difficulties where its obvious they just want to handhold the player until they finish the story. Valkayries kicked my ass 10 ways to Sunday, and the Queen is doing so right now and thats on normal difficulty. Give me god of war is gonna have me tearing my hair out.

Thanks for the info. That missing artifact is going to piss me off so starting over on normal from the get go seems ideal. I kind of don't want it to be ball crushingly difficult throughout either as I do enjoy wrecking enemies once a game's character is leveled up enough.

I've never really wanted a PS4 Pro and an HDR display but this game has me somewhat re-considering that stance. It's already such a gorgeous looking game on my peasant PS4 Slim but that extra oomph of visuals would be nice.

Thanks for the info. That missing artifact is going to piss me off so starting over on normal from the get go seems ideal. I kind of don't want it to be ball crushingly difficult throughout either as I do enjoy wrecking enemies once a game's character is leveled up enough.

I've never really wanted a PS4 Pro and an HDR display but this game has me somewhat re-considering that stance. It's already such a gorgeous looking game on my peasant PS4 Slim but that extra oomph of visuals would be nice.

The game is goddamn gorgeous. I like the art direction and it may be the most technically and visually stunning game on the PS4. But other than a few games like Uncharted 4 etc, other games arent as visually impressive as say Uncharted 2 was at the time or the Last of Us.

Enjoy GOW bro, normal is the way to go. Make sure to not spend hurs exploring during the story because some stuff is locked behind multiple later game items. And dont try the valkyries too early. Have fun.

The game is goddamn gorgeous. I like the art direction and it may be the most technically and visually stunning game on the PS4. But other than a few games like Uncharted 4 etc, other games arent as visually impressive as say Uncharted 2 was at the time or the Last of Us.

Enjoy GOW bro, normal is the way to go. Make sure to not spend hurs exploring during the story because some stuff is locked behind multiple later game items. And dont try the valkyries too early. Have fun.

and don't be stubborn and tackle the side missions if the enemies have a purple bar.. I mean you can but it's fuckin' hard as shit and they are most likely one-shotting you... you level up through the main story mostly.

I had a fun time trying to beat them for a bit but after a while its more work than fun...

That still makes no fucking sense since there’s plenty of story left in the series. There’s so much more to the story left with tons of questions unanswered.

only Baldur and one of odin’s Son has died in this game. How on earth could you say they blew their wad with this story when there’s so many more Norse gods to kill?.. u didn’t play this did u?

It makes perfect sense. You just have your panties in a bunch. The father son dynamic is mushy as fuck. The norse monsters are not nearly as epic as the greek ones. Just face the fucking facts. There is reason why you can't name 5 well known movies based on Norse mytbology.

It makes perfect sense. You just have your panties in a bunch. The father son dynamic is mushy as fuck. The norse monsters are not nearly as epic as the greek ones. Just face the fucking facts. There is reason why you can't name 5 well known movies based on Norse mytbology.
Lol

WTF are you talking about?

Norse mythology is peppered in plenty of movies. The character Thor alone is fuckin' popular as shit and globally known thanks to MCU and there's been other movies (13th warrior, Valhalla Rising) or any movies with Vikings. Norse mythology is also mentioned in plenty of others such as How to train your dragon, The Mask with Jim Carrey (had the power of Loki)...

Norse mythology may not be as popular as greek but it's just as good. Maybe it's not as deep but its rooted from Roman mythology (which basically hails/shares from Greek mythology). For example, the Roman God Jupiter is the god of sky and thunder which Zeus equivalent. Norse eventually converted this god to Thor.

But I was actually disputing this:
I was talking about blowing the wad on the story in the scope of the series, not this game.

You claim they blew their wad in the story in the scope of the series. That means they showed everything already and there's nothing else left? WTF are you talking about? We haven't seen Odin, Thor, Sif, Heimdall, and a host of others gods that have yet to make an appearance in the series. I have no idea what wad you are talking about...

If you don't enjoy the father/son dynamics.. ok whatever..

I don't even know what you were hoping for. All the greek gods are dead after GOW 1-3.. lol

plus father and son CANNOT JUMP, which is an unforgivable sin

Only need to beat the Valkyrie Queen for the platinum it's not going well.

Finished the main story today. There’s room for improvement. 7 canoes out of 10 for me.

Need some combat tips please, and any tips on what combat upgrades to get first, because this first multiple steroid Draugur fight ("There's something coming from the wall! There's something coming from the wall!" Yeah, I got it the first time and heard the loud rock breaking sound.) is kicking my ass. It certainly doesn't help the kid keeps getting grabbed and I have to go save his dumbass. I'm playing on the difficulty one step above normal and am considering turning it down because it's pretty annoying getting two shot by projectile attacks. I've conquered Souls games, Bloodborne and Nioh and this is clearly took a ton of inspiration from those games but things aren't clicking for me yet.

Can you revisit places after you leave? I missed an artifact in the first area and can't go back.

Jeremy Davies! Love that dude and his acting mannerisms really shine through in his The Stranger character. So far loving the game, lukewarm on the combat but some of the upgrades sound cool.

Throw your axe... knock things off ledges. That's about your back of tricks early on... later you get a lot of amazing layers to the game.

Beat the game on Give Me God of War and all I got was this lousy shield.

DdrdTsuVMAACEb4

Idk if I feel like going for the plat. Just a bunch of birds and artifacts I need now and I don’t know if I feel like tracking those down.

Back