PlayStation GOD OF WAR [2016, PS4]

Finished the game today. Definitely in my top 10 all time.

The gameplay is great and the game world is vast but man does the norse mythology blow cock. Having him marry a shieldmaiden feels pathetically forced in the grand scheme of the series. It's a shame they blew their wad on the story early on.

Gameplay: 9.5
Story: 6
Story without Brok: 4

Last edited:
Finished the game today. Definitely in my top 10 all time.
Wow, mustve really liked it. Might be GOTY but its nowhere near top 10 ever for me.

Thin the axe is one of the best weapons of any game ever.

Some stuff like the constant contextual button pressing for jumps and boring slowed climbing did kind of detract. Too many little inconveniences kinda made areas a slog but the pacing of the overall game was superb.

Ill give it an 8.5/10.

The gameplay is great and the game world is vast but man does the norse mythology blow cock. Having him marry a shieldmaiden feels pathetically forced in the grand scheme of the series. It's a shame they blew their wad on the story early on.

You obviously didn't finish the game did you? This review is hilariously bad because of it just so you know...

Once you get rolling with your upgrades and abilities, God of War difficulty really isn't that bad.

I gave it another shot and kept leveling, and it confirmed that this game can be tough to get started in but eases in much better a few hours in.

I'm enjoying it again and it's pretty much just confirming this is a game I'll come back to over and over again.

I dont think you beat the game BOY

Did it detract from the experience in your opinion? It did feel weird there were only contextual jumping prompts only but imo it didnt detract from the experience for me too much.

There shouldnt be bashing for having opinions imo, just childish as hell.

I enjoyed the game, finished it today. One of the best games of the generation for sure. Gonna be hard to beat for GOTY.

Gonna do all the side quests, Valkyries etc and get the platinum trophy. I attempted a Valkyrie early on after I got the fire stone thing, proceeded to get fucked every which way.

My only complaint on this game is finding everything after. There is not a clear view on how to find things and i dont feel like exploring for hours in an area that ive already been at.

even videos on where things are, are complicated because when you teleport to a place youre not at the beginning and videos that show where things are start you at the beginning. Very frustrating but i loved the game and now got 3 move Valkyries to go

anyone know if you can unlock asgard and the other locked realms?

anyone know if you can unlock asgard and the other locked realms?
I think its certain we're gonna get DLC. A couple more fully fleshed out realms and a decent side story.

Anyone went back home after completing the game and seeing the
Thor cutscene years later
Might be the DLC? or just a glimpse at the sequel?

My only complaint on this game is finding everything after. There is not a clear view on how to find things and i dont feel like exploring for hours in an area that ive already been at.

even videos on where things are, are complicated because when you teleport to a place youre not at the beginning and videos that show where things are start you at the beginning. Very frustrating but i loved the game and now got 3 move Valkyries to go

I agree, I also felt it wasnt even worthwile to really explore whilst doing the story mode because so many chests and doors are locked behind later game items you get. Just explored after I completed the game. I got the Valkaryie queen to go aswell as 2-3 treasure searches and nifleheim trophies with the axe to go.

Cory Barlog said they have no plans for DLC and the other realms would be explored in the sequel(s).

Cory Barlog said they have no plans for DLC and the other realms would be explored in the sequel(s).

damn they teased the shit out of us with that... besides Asgard there was another real (or was it 2) that couldn't be explored.. lots of questions that need to be answered... really looking forward to the sequel.

the most pressing for me is wtf happened to the giants...

Need some combat tips please, and any tips on what combat upgrades to get first, because this first multiple steroid Draugur fight ("There's something coming from the wall! There's something coming from the wall!" Yeah, I got it the first time and heard the loud rock breaking sound.) is kicking my ass. It certainly doesn't help the kid keeps getting grabbed and I have to go save his dumbass. I'm playing on the difficulty one step above normal and am considering turning it down because it's pretty annoying getting two shot by projectile attacks. I've conquered Souls games, Bloodborne and Nioh and this is clearly took a ton of inspiration from those games but things aren't clicking for me yet.

Can you revisit places after you leave? I missed an artifact in the first area and can't go back.

Jeremy Davies! Love that dude and his acting mannerisms really shine through in his The Stranger character. So far loving the game, lukewarm on the combat but some of the upgrades sound cool.

Need some combat tips please, and any tips on what combat upgrades to get first, because this first multiple steroid Draugur fight ("There's something coming from the wall! There's something coming from the wall!" Yeah, I got it the first time and heard the loud rock breaking sound.) is kicking my ass. It certainly doesn't help the kid keeps getting grabbed and I have to go save his dumbass. I'm playing on the difficulty one step above normal and am considering turning it down because it's pretty annoying getting two shot by projectile attacks. I've conquered Souls games, Bloodborne and Nioh and this is clearly took a ton of inspiration from those games but things aren't clicking for me yet.

Can you revisit places after you leave? I missed an artifact in the first area and can't go back.

Jeremy Davies! Love that dude and his acting mannerisms really shine through in his The Stranger character. So far loving the game, lukewarm on the combat but some of the upgrades sound cool.

Start the game on normal, infact normal is actually pretty difficult in areas. You will die. Normal in this game seems like the way to go first, then increase the difficulty. The combat will get mroe varied as you unlock more upgrades aswell as a later special weapon.

Ahh leave us wanting more. Except we're gonna have to wait till 2021 or 2022 before we get a new GOW.

damn they teased the shit out of us with that... besides Asgard there was another real (or was it 2) that couldn't be explored.. lots of questions that need to be answered... really looking forward to the sequel.

the most pressing for me is wtf happened to the giants...
Ahh leave us wanting more. Except we're gonna have to wait till 2021 or 2022 before we get a new GOW.
I’m sure Sony will try and talk them into some DLC but I appreciate Barlog sticking to his guns.

The development cycle shouldn’t take nearly as long. They have the engine and combat system in place, I’d bet we can get a sequel within two years.

Yeah I thought they made it clear that they were slaughtered, basically.

I do think there are some survivors though which we’ll see in the next installment.

Back