PlayStation GOD OF WAR [2016, PS4]

Does anybody know yet if you have to protect the kid ala RE4, or if he is just along for the ride?

Does anybody know yet if you have to protect the kid ala RE4, or if he is just along for the ride?

It doesn’t say it in the videos I posted, but he does help a lot when you’re in combat. I’m betting you’ll have to save him a couple times but not enough that he becomes a distraction. They said in the video that they didn’t want him to be annoying basically.

I should pre order I'm gonna get it for sure.

Will wait for a discount (or cave like a bitch and get it day 1). The kid is putting me off though and I hope he dies somewhere in the story...as long as I don't have some shitty forced slow walk section to play immediately after. The boosting from the video gave me flashbacks of all the stupid shit you had to do in The Last of Us. Fuck that.

Just preordered this. It’s been on my radar but I was afraid it would be short like the previous versions. Seems as though this will be much more lengthy.

Just preordered this. It’s been on my radar but I was afraid it would be short like the previous versions. Seems as though this will be much more lengthy.

Ive read it will be anywhere from 25-35hrs compared to GoW III’s 10hrs. I’m assuming the 35hrs will come if you decide to fight the side bosses.

Just saw the first televised commercial.
Less than a month away . Can’t wait. This is the official thread.

god-of-war-art-2_uecz.1920.jpg

pretty cool looking visually.

its going to be Godly I tell ya....

I honestly thought it had been out already. Maybe there will be a ps4 + game as a bundle deal cuz I've not had a reason to get one yet.

Combat looks awful. There was nothing wrong with the GOW formula.

This looks like Hunted The Demon Forge and TLOU combined.

Combat looks awful. There was nothing wrong with the GOW formula.

Agreed. It's not even a hack and slash game anymore...this stuff looks so watered down. I wish they had just made a new IP rather that bastardizing Kratos like this.

And it bugs me since Sony keeps insisting that fans lost interest because the "gameplay got stale." No, fans lost interest because they completely butchered the gameplay and mechanics in Ascension and tried shoving an MP mode that no one wanted down our throats.

God of war = brutality

I highly doubt Santa Monica studios ruined the game...
No more hack and slash button smashing so what?

If that’s how you play you would get destroyed anyways trying titan or god more.

I ran through all of the GoW’s and loved them, but I am one of those people who feel that it did get a little old after a while. The games were, on average, 10hrs. This game is anywhere from 25-35hrs. I think hack & slashing my way around for 25hrs could also get stale. I agree with @TribalDrumz that Santa Monica has a good chance of not messing this up. It still looks brutal, there are some amazing finishing kills and it looks like he plays with much more power than any of the previous versions.

Agreed. It's not even a hack and slash game anymore...this stuff looks so watered down. I wish they had just made a new IP rather that bastardizing Kratos like this.

And it bugs me since Sony keeps insisting that fans lost interest because the "gameplay got stale." No, fans lost interest because they completely butchered the gameplay and mechanics in Ascension and tried shoving an MP mode that no one wanted down our throats.

Ascension was a good game but it felt like a side story. It wasn’t on the epic scale of GOW3 so it was somewhat disappointing. I’d rather a GOW3 clone with Norse gods than this new game.

God of war = brutality

I highly doubt Santa Monica studios ruined the game...

They butchered Ascension bad. Shoved an MP mode that no one wanted down our throats, ruined the rage system and you lost some of the attacks from previous games, the magic was mostly useless and poorly implemented where you had to max out an element even to try out a spell, and the tools system was totally useless where the shield was the only useful weapon and only due a glitch. Not to mention the very poor bosses, glitches all over the game, certain fights requiring you to use the cheap abilities, and some very poorly designed enemies.

Not sure what you're referring to with "button mashing" but that's never been what the games were about. GoW games, especially GoW2 had some of the best mechanics in any hack and slash game. Then Ascension butchered a lot of that Sony pretended that it got a bad reception due to "the series getting stale" rather than admitting they ruined a lot of mechanics.

This game isn't even the same genre. And I'm not even getting started on how dumb it is to have Norse gods that overlap the powers of Greek gods or the fact that they're trying to neuter Kratos into this "kindler, gentler" version simply because the game's top developer just had a kid and wants to tell us all how much he loves fatherhood. No thanks.

Comes out in 3 weeks and then we will see!

Kratos for life.

I got god of war posters in my room can’t give up on kratos and his son yet!

Kratos for life.

I got god of war posters in my room can’t give up on kratos and his son yet!

Me loving Kratos is why I'm NOT big on this new direction. He was unique because he's basically the villain and you get to play him. He was violent, irrational, always deflected blame, and always blamed others for his issues and loved to slaughter folks just for fun. Now they're just trying to make him into this sympathetic character which means he's now exactly like every other antihero out there...the thing that made him so unique as a character is gone.

Back