PlayStation GOD OF WAR [2016, PS4]

d067a900a4ffcde1ec821d78d5b50a8c.jpg

There are some people complaining about the obvious changes they are making with this game. I for one couldn't be any happier, I think God of War: Ascension was a really great game but it did start to feel stale and I think the company realized this and that's why we are getting this stype of gameplay. I can't wait for this game, probably my most anticipated game now.

What a way to start the Sony Conference by showing the new God of War. Can't wait to see more gameplay and hopefully try this game out someday

Looks dope. I remember right after GOW3, they were toying with the idea of Kratos taking down the Nordic Gods so I'm glad it's finally happening.

He seems more like a hero than a antihero, i dont approve that.

Hopefully Yggdrasil is in the game and can be used to teleport to different areas of the game like bonfires in Dark Souls, that would be sweet.

There are some people complaining about the obvious changes they are making with this game. I for one couldn't be any happier, I think God of War: Ascension was a really great game but it did start to feel stale and I think the company realized this and that's why we are getting this stype of gameplay. I can't wait for this game, probably my most anticipated game now.

I was hoping they'd completely change it up and you'd be Thor defending the Norse Gods against Kratos the God Butcher as he attempts to destroy another pantheon of gods on his mad quest for vengeance against no one.

Hopefully Yggdrasil is in the game and can be used to teleport to different areas of the game like bonfires in Dark Souls, that would be sweet.

From the leak.
god_of_war_4_concept_leak_5-600x382.jpg

Hard to judge it yet, but it seems to be going in a more open world direction, which might be a little off-putting. I don't want to be hunting deer as Kratos, or working on my stealth skills. I just want to kill shit.

Don't like the ax either. Where are the blades of chaos?

The game engine looks absolutely phenomenal though. And despite my early complaints, what else is left to do with this franchise, other than to take it in a new direction? I welcome the change, but I'm staying cautious on whether it will work with Kratos.

I like the new direction a lot. I'm glad some franchises are taking some risks now trying to move their franchises forward. I'm way more into this than just an updated GoW 4 to be honest.

I do miss his chain blades.

Curious as to WHY he would start fighting the Norse Gods though

Here's some details on the game from Cory Barlog:
  • The gameplay is being re-imagined, but the storyline is being continued within Norse Mythology.
  • We play as Kratos for the whole game.
  • The game is set “many years aftr God of War 3
  • It’s a much more intimate and player-controlled experience.
  • The accessibility should be the same as previous game, but the gameplay is totally different.
  • It’s a big game, but it’s not an open world.
  • “More to come” on more characters that will be included in the game.
  • The game will be released “soon,” not this year.
  • Quicktime Events won’t be included in the same way they were in the previous games.

If we see the kid now and we're playing as Kratos the entire time, I'd have to assume something happens to him that sparks Kratos against them again.

So who's got some theories on how and why Kratos is alive? Mine is that Odin revived Kratos as a thank you for killing all the Greek Gods and paving way for him to rule.

So who's got some theories on how and why Kratos is alive? Mine is that Odin revived Kratos as a thank you for killing all the Greek Gods and paving way for him to rule.
He was already alive at the end of 3.

Hmmmm.....this might be the game to make me bite the bullet and get a PS4.

I don´t wanna sensitive Kratos, I wanna rage driven fucking berserker Cratos. And yes, that kid is irritating as fuck.

@Dizzy After reading the bullet points you posted, I'm really hoping that this game is kind of close to something like Bloodborne. In that game, you had a direction to go but you were able to complete quests (and kind of forced to) to level up your player. I know the GoW franchise was built to be on the rails because it was non-stop action and it was how the game was setup to play. I don't want an adult version of Zelda, however I hope to have something more and new. I'm betting Santa Monica was given a breath of fresh air now that they have moved on from the Greek Mythology Mythos and this is exactly the kick starter they need. The up-close fighting sequences have me really excited.

Back