God, Jon McCarthy is terrible

BJM is a great ref, but the guy clearly enjoys hearing himself talk. "Pay attention to me, everybody!"

Chael was working like a motherfucker for 14 out of 15 minutes. Legit win, fuck the haters.

Wand was doing nothing but trying to defend and pray for a standup, even with like 30 seconds left

Chael was certainly active enough to warrant not standing them up.

Honestly, not even a close call.

You can't blame Big John tonight... in the second, he let Wand have a try to get the choke but Silva did nothing to improve the position and get the choke, Sonnen was obviously not in danger of being submitted... later in the 2nd and in the 3rd round, Sonnen kept trying to change position to GnP or go for the submission...

The ref's job is not to guarantee an entertaining fight... he stands fighters up when they are not advancing position or stalling... MMA can often be a strategic sport on the ground, and just because fans are booing, does not mean that the ref needs to intervene.

I thought the ref from the Primus Chandler fight was a million times worse than Big John. How did he not see how Chandlers leg was reacting. That was upsetting to watch. I've never seen someone fall over like that over their own weight before.

Back