God I hope Better Call Saul gets better this season.

post-37129-yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-ciRL.gif

Just mine?

b6a83f3f2a1fb433e2b07cb1de7806c7.png

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Better_Call_Saul#Ratings

Saul is one of my all time favorite characters, but the spin off didn't do it for me. I lost interested half way through season 1 and have not felt compelled to start it up again.

Last edited:
Seems like that's why they kept Jesse in the show instead of killing him in season 1 like they were supposed to. They could pad out episodes with him sulking and then make him spaz out whenever they needed cheap drama

Still heartbroken that Todd didn't get to rape him to death

Exactly. That stupid storyline between him and his druggie girlfriend. She overdoses then he goes into depression. Lol. What a shitshow. They should've killed him off. Probably would've turned out to be a good show if they did.

i really hoped that tuco or gus would kill jesse during BB.
whiny, selfish, druggie. couldn't believe how popular he became.

You too are missing the point and confusing the fact that he's asking for a show that's at least as near entertaining. Nobody is saying the same storylines need to happen at all.

I don't understand why this is so hard for people to comprehend.

You're missing the point that a large reason why BB was so dramatic and entertaining was because of the characters and story lines. Saul was never really the driver behind BB story lines. Mike was to an extent, but if you're not satisfied with Mike's part in bcs them I don't know what to tell you.

I'm not sure what you expect Saul and his story line to be doing here. What would actually satisfy you? His character requires a different kind of drama. If you're looking for the same style of drama (not specifically the same story lines) that you saw in BB you're inevitably going to be disappointed.

There's plenty of people who are more than happy with how the show is playing out.

Even acknowledging that its a different show than BB, I've been kind of let down by this show. Loved it at first then continued to care less as it went on. Honestly can't remember if I finished last season.

But you can and should expect the same amount of ENTERTAINMENT and this show has none of that. You're trying to deflect the argument and make it seem people thought it was gonna be about drug dealing drama and that's not true one bit.
The types of problems a lawyer faces isnt the same. Nothing really blows up in law. Not a lot of guns in law either.

Very entertaining to me. Very smart writing.

The types of problems a lawyer faces isnt the same. Nothing really blows up in law. Not a lot of guns in law either.

There is also so much tiny attention to detail on this show, it is captivating.

I've described it before that Breaking Bad is cocaine, Better Call Saul is a fine wine.

These shows take to long to get to the next season. By time a new one comes out I've forgotten most of the previous

What a disappointment of a show. It in its self isnt that bad but as a spin off of the greatest show of all time it's pretty lame.

So far the show has been about a dude named Jimmy and his problems with him and his brothers relation as he takes on an old folks home...lame! Breaking bad brought intense drama in the pilot episode and never let up. 2 seasons in on better call Saul and nothing. The 2 season finale's have been the lamest I can remember for any show.

big-clean.jpg

Bullshit. The writers literally can write what ever story lines they want. You can make an exciting show about a good lawyer..."breaking bad" but they haven't.

What exactly has Jimmy done in 2 seasons that has been notable?

I have to disagree. I think it's in the running for the best show on television.

These shows take to long to get to the next season. By time a new one comes out I've forgotten most of the previous

I rewatched the last 2 episodes a week ago, just to be refreshed & get hyped

Also rewatched the opening scenes of the 2 premieres, the 'future Saul' scenes

Getting a new one of those each year is almost as exciting as the rest of the season for me.

My body is fuckin ready

(sorry TS)

There is also so much tiny attention to detail on this show, it is captivating.

I've described it before that Breaking Bad is cocaine, Better Call Saul is a fine wine.
LOL at "fine wine"

The writing isn't bad, it's actually pretty good and the production is very good the show is just incredibly boring for it to be a spin off of BB. Jimmy has literally accomplished nothing! The big exciting moment last season was a trip to kinkos with some scissors and some paste.

Bullshit. The writers literally can write what ever story lines they want. You can make an exciting show about a good lawyer..."breaking bad" but they haven't.

He rose up from nothing and scratched the ceiling of a legitimate career in law and has begun his descent.

That's the most powerful arc I can think of for a guy who ended up a sleazy strip mall criminal lawyer.

He rose up from nothing and scratched the ceiling of a legitimate career in law and has begun his descent.

That's the most powerful arc I can think of for a guy who ended up a sleazy strip mall criminal lawyer.
In 2 seasons he hasn't really done anything noteworthy.

The big exciting moment last season was a trip to kinkos with some scissors and some paste.

Literally got excited thinking about that scene just now

Also the other kinkos scene when his brother went to try and get Jimmy busted was epic

In 2 seasons he hasn't really done anything noteworthy.

If you were to list his biography as a series of bullet points, perhaps not. If you are to look at what he has gone through emotionally and how his character has changed, I would say that he has.

Another character that "didn't really do much noteworthy" is Kevin Spacey in American Beauty. But what he went through was important to him and important to the audience.

Last edited:

Not sure what youre expecting. Walter white as a lawyer?

The writers could have done more of bb, but thats lazy. That would be like the stones singing the same old songs and never coming out with new material. Theyre taking the time to make sauls back story very deep and to me, engaging.

Back