GOATs that have won fights at 40+ years old

Couture is the only UFC fighter to win a title at the age of 40+, and he did it 4 times.

He won the HW title at 44 and successfully defended it at 45.

He's the oldest to win a fight in the UFC (age 46).

Are we done here?

/ thread

Jon Jones and GSP are my top two GOAT's, and neither are 40 years old yet...….so not sure how I can partake in this thread.

Werdum was 40 when he beat Tybura and Harris.

Randy Couture, by a mile. Guy beat Tim Sylvia and Gabriel Gonzaga when they were both dominating.

The Gonzaga victory might not look impressive right now, but even Dana White says that Randy gave GG the beating of his life. He likely broke GG's will, and he wasn't ever the same afterwards.

Kazushi Sakuraba vs Zelg Galešić (Sakuraba 40 yrs, 2 months)

Cro Cop
42 years and 2 months when he beat King Mo, Baruto and Aliakbari to win the 2016 Rizin OWGP

Aliakbari-vs.-Cro-Cop.jpg

Mirko-Filipovic-RIZIN.jpg

Randy and Hendo. I guess we can include that joke of a decision Silva got over Brunson.

I call bullshit on this thread:

The world's oldest goat ever is McGinty who lived until the grand age of 22 years 5 months. Until her death in November 2003, McGinty was owned by Doris C. Long (UK) of Hayling Island, Hampshire, UK.

source

There is no right answer. This thread is a sneaky trick.

Mark Hunt was 43 years and 3 months old when he outlasted the 32 year old #6 ranked UFC HW, Derrick Lewis.

GettyImages-694681278.jpg

http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2017%2F06%2F11%2F19%2F42%2FHunt_110617_g_1000.jpg

Animationdfdff21fa8.gif

MGrDEwB.gif

Last edited:
At least 40 when this fight took place, possibly closer to 50.

Attachments

• 960x0.jpg
    960x0.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 5
Silva got outstruck and outwrestled for a significant portion of the fight by Brundon

Anderson's cocktail of anabolic steroids and synthetic testosterone allowed him to turn back the clock 10+ years. He was able to extend his athletic prime while also reaping the benefits of having many years of experience. His entire legacy is built on that fact, and that's why he will go down as the biggest cheater in combat sports history.

Lol @ anyone thinking Couture was clean

Give Fedor steroids and he will win titles too

Back