GOAT vs.P4P

Terpizzle

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
After reading a bunch of these back and forth threads on who the best of all time is, I'm not sure if everyone is viewing this through the right lens.

P4P: irrelevant, but if you need an excuse to make miniature and undersized people relevant, then DJ is probably the most logical bet.

GOAT: This is what matters. The only criteria is if 2 people walked into a cage, who is walking out?
For ex. Bones vs GSP. I have to imagine Bones is walking out.
Another example: Fedor vs Mighty Mouse... Fedor is walking out of that cage.

Weight classes, how good of a run someone had, etc. are great talking points for a fighter's fans, but the baddest mofo is the GOAT. It doesn't matter if the are fortunate to have more size, strength, reach, etc.

There's weight classes for a reason.......

This thread is shit.

There is also P4P GOAT which is what most people just refer to as GOAT.

If there is an open weight tournament with every fighter in history, the one who wins that is the GOAT. How is that not the only criteria?

Why do people try to push their opinion of something as if its fact ?

that might be what you think those terms mean which is fine as far as I know there is no actual definition but the generally accepted one is if all things were equal who would win. Which is why the boxing debate is Ali and Robinson. If it was your definition Robinson would not be in contention.

There is also P4P GOAT which is what most people just refer to as GOAT.

exactly

TS is talking about the baddest man on Earth
A lot of definitions I know, but that was the proper one for what he said

There”s also GP4POAT

Back