GOAT Tag Team

I think the Hardy Boyz are. They meet old school criteria of taking their act on the road, grinding, getting over and staying over. Longevity and both were entertaining as singles.

Maybe Bret and Owen...? I love tag-wrestling but no one team jumps out at me as clearly the best. I loved Harlem Heat and they were certainly highly accomplished. Funaki and Suzuki were great when they did team together but I don't know that they were togther long enough for even a fan like me to rank them up there.

headcheese.jpg

I am really, honestly, not being facetious. I liked Head Cheese. And I liked their match against TNA at Wrestlemania too.

If we look at it objectively and based it off of popularity, draw, titles, length/run at the top, wrestling skills, and promo ability (all that encompasses great wrestling), it's hard not to give it to the Dudleys. The fan in me would love to give it to the Road Warriors or Steiners though and yes, this was recently done as well. I don't recall but it was either Steiner or Road Warriors as the general consensus

I'm going with the Hart Foundation. As a kid, I totaly bought into the big brute + technical wrestler combo as essential to tag team success. Their funds with the Bulldogs were epic. My best friend was a bulldog buy, and I remember a few times when one of us went home crying.

The Road Warriors were that first team I recall just destroying everyone, not putting anyone else over, and that made me think they were epic as a kid.

Honourable mention- the Wild Samoans.

My choice. They put over so many teams over the years and brought us so many memorable matches. I'd watch their worst match over the legion of no-selling

You also have to think about how they've almost only exclusively been a tag team. At least in the WWE & ECW.

Back