GOAT Sitcom Character

• 13. Norm Peterson - George Wendt - Cheers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AgentSmecker

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Ok so just like teh title says... who is your favourite SITCOM character of all time? Can a mod make this a poll for me per favore ( @Slobodan ;);) )

1. David Brent - (Ricky Gervais - UK Office)
2. Michael Scott (Steve Carell - US Office)
3. Edmund Blackadder- Rowan Atkinson - Blackadder
4. Alan Partridge - Steve Coogan - I'm Alan Partridge
5. Del Boy Trotter - David Jason - Only Fools and Horses
6. Basil Fawlty - John Cleese - Fawlty Towers
7. Al Bundy - Ed O'Neil - Married With Children
8. Cosmo Kramer - Michael Richards - Seinfield
9. The Fonz - Henry Winkler - Happy Days
10. Rick - Rik Mayall - the Young Ones
11. George Constanza - Jason Alexander - Seinfield
12. Frasier Crane - Kelsey Grammer - Frazier
13. Norm Peterson - George Wendt - Cheers
14. Larry David - Larry David - Curb Your Enthusiasm
15. Other - please specify

My own personal favourite - The man who introduced me to the beautiful art of cringe comedy - David Brent aka The Brentmeister General from The Office

tumblr_mw2ca2n0Pe1r93xiko1_500.gif

David_Brent_111.jpg

Close runners up would be Blackadder, Alan Partridge and Basil Fawlty

Last edited:
@AgentSmecker unfortunately there's a limit to 15 options for the poll

1. Larry David, if Curb even counts as a sitcom.
2. Doesn't matter, because who watches sitcoms anyway

While I would also say its David Brent.

Close second would be Super Hans from Peep Show.

need Dennis Reynolds on the list.

It was a tough list to narrow down. So many great comic creations to choose from and feel bad leaving a lot of them out. Rick Mayall and Ade Edmunson for The Young Ones and Bottom also deserve honourable mentions as well. Those guys are both legends and just bounced off each other so well (literally) :D

David Brent will never be beaten, for me. NEVER.

Its all down to each person's tastes, I know, but Brent was the ultimate for me! I've seen that entire show about 30 times or more now and could probably quote it line for line, whenever Brent's involved.

From your list, Basil Fawlty.

Lister - Red Dwarf is my favourite.

I preferred the evolution of Rik from The Young Ones, too. Richard Richard - Bottom. Same actor. Pretty much same character, but better imo.

Bladrick was also the best character in Blackadder.

David Brent will never be beaten, for me. NEVER.

Its all down to each person's tastes, I know, but Brent was the ultimate for me! I've seen that entire show about 30 times or more now and could probably quote it line for line, whenever Brent's involved.

Mutual. Likewise. Reciprocated. ;)

I was at college when The Office first hit our screens and really started to take off. For quite some time me and a few other guys communicated almost exclusively with Brentisms, Gareth Keenanisms and Finchyisms ) and even to this day I can't resist an opportunity for a classic Brentism. In fact the "bunsen burner" quote in your sig is one of my all time favs. Most people don't have a fucking clue what I'm on about and I love it when I'm met with blank stares exactly the way it went down with the Brentmeister :D

Back