GMO babies, modifying DNA.....

For the purpose of this conversation we are just going to assume that the flood happened, and that the earth is way older than 6000 years. Do you think that the people of that time were as technologically advanced as we are now? Or were they using other methods to modify genetics? If so why were they unable to use giant boat such as the aircraft carriers that we have today?

Well I don't really know the answer to that but my guess is that they did not have advanced technology in the form of big, impressive machines like the "technology" we have today. Instead I believe they did have, due to their interaction with fallen angels, advanced understanding of how to use the elements to manipulate the elements. For instance how to pick up really heavy shit with sound or meditation, that kind of thing. But there are a bunch of theories about all of that that I haven't looked into enough.

I am for it.. I guess testing on babies would have come sooner or later. It will be sad/cool to see the results of it, because not every result will end well.

If this is being done as a way to try and prevent such things like Downs Syndrome and/or Autism then I'm all for the Brave New World.

When, or if, we actually do start genetically modifying fetuses we will truly deserve our eventual extinction.

Why? You could argue it is part of our evolution. Animals evolve to thrive and survive

Jasher was a forgery was it not?

Well that is depending on who you ask. The Book of Jasher was referenced in the Bible so we know there is an authentic one that existed at one point. The version that I am quoting is considered credible but not certain and not canonical, or divinely inspired. It is however consistent with Biblical scripture but canonical and extra canonical.

One of the things going on during the days of Noah was genetic/dna modification and manipulation. They were creating clones, monsters, and hybrid creatures during that time.
It's not the same thing. Back then they were just fucking angels....

I just read an article a couple days ago about how scientists and industry experts severely underestimated the actual damage done during genome editing using CRISPR.

What some ethics committee thinks is moral in the future is irrelevant if they can't get the science down now.
To be safe consider everything you read about science that sounds too incredible in popular news is bullshit. I'm not talking just about Alex Jones stuff, even things you read on the NYT, WP, WSJ, all bullshit. Genetics, AI, nuclear power, they always get it wrong to get clicks.
Take CRISPR, for example, even it's popular name makes no sense. CRISPR in biology is a DNA sequence. What scientists are using to change genetic material is Cas9 (CRISPR associated protein 9), an enzyme that can cleave DNA. That is nothing new. They've been doing that since the 60s, it's just that this new enzyme looks more promising after some tests with bacteria and single cells like embryos that weren't grown at all and it was discovered while studying CRISPR.
However, it's not completely selective and many of the changes associated with adding new genetic material are also not predictable.
So, not only it's not completely safe and something you can just order a kit from the internet and change your dna it's also not possible to do everything with it.

To be safe consider everything you read about science that sounds too incredible in popular news is bullshit. I'm not talking just about Alex Jones stuff, even things you read on the NYT, WP, WSJ, all bullshit. Genetics, AI, nuclear power, they always get it wrong to get clicks.
Take CRISPR, for example, even it's popular name makes no sense. CRISPR in biology is a DNA sequence. What scientists are using to change genetic material is Cas9 (CRISPR associated protein 9), an enzyme that can cleave DNA. That is nothing new. They've been doing that since the 60s, it's just that this new enzyme looks more promising after some tests with bacteria and single cells like embryos that weren't grown at all and it was discovered while studying CRISPR.
However, it's not completely selective and many of the changes associated with adding new genetic material are also not predictable.
So, not only it's not completely safe and something you can just order a kit from the internet and change your dna it's also not possible to do everything with it.

Thanks for the insight and clarification.

Well that is depending on who you ask. The Book of Jasher was referenced in the Bible so we know there is an authentic one that existed at one point. The version that I am quoting is considered credible but not certain and not canonical, or divinely inspired. It is however consistent with Biblical scripture but canonical and extra canonical.
You dodged that better than GW did that shoe in Iraq.

{<redford}

If science can do something, it will be done.

When we can guarantee the gender of a baby, does that mean we can't criticize the many people in India and China, for example, who sometimes 'get rid of' newborns if the baby happens to be female?
^This.

How will society deal with that?

Why? You could argue it is part of our evolution. Animals evolve to thrive and survive
Natural evolution is one thing, this is entirely another. We can barely deal with our environment and yet we suddenly believe we're knowledgeable enough to rewrite and otherwise alter something as complex as human genetics at such a level. Not to mention the philosophical arguments against such manipulation and all the myriad ways it can not only be abused, but turn out disastrous.

Surely you can understand why stuff such as Enoch and even newer stuff like the Book of Mormon aren't taken seriously when it comes to religious decisions. I would argue Enoch to be have much more credibility than something such as Jasher.

If I remember correctly the author of Jasher received jail time for fraud, over the publication of the book.

Well I don't really know the answer to that but my guess is that they did not have advanced technology in the form of big, impressive machines like the "technology" we have today. Instead I believe they did have, due to their interaction with fallen angels, advanced understanding of how to use the elements to manipulate the elements. For instance how to pick up really heavy shit with sound or meditation, that kind of thing. But there are a bunch of theories about all of that that I haven't looked into enough.
Hey listen, all kidding aside, can you send me some of those drugs you're on? :p

Surely you can understand why stuff such as Enoch and even newer stuff like the Book of Mormon aren't taken seriously when it comes to religious decisions. I would argue Enoch to be have much more credibility than something such as Jasher.

Well sure but who is talking about making religious decisions? I'm talking about history and ancient historical records and narratives. But yes, the reason people don't take the Book of Enoch seriously is because the Roman Catholic Church(a pagan empire and belief system) outlawed it among many, many other books that were considered scripture for centuries.

And when you go back and read some of these books you quickly begin to understand why a pagan empire(ie satanic) may want leave out books like Enoch, Jasper, Jubilees, Adam and Eve, ect. It is because those books fill in all of the gaps and questions that the canonical Bible leaves one with. You read these books then you can understand why the flood happened and why it was necessary. You can understand the true nature of good and evil, angels & demons, gods and religion, and so much more.

And yes, Enoch has much more credibility than Jasper due to how old the copies of Enoch are. I think they are one of if not the oldest copies of any literature ever found. The Bible also references and quotes the Book of Enoch.

If I remember correctly the author of Jasher received jail time for fraud, over the publication of the book.

I'm not sure about that but there are a couple of versions of the Book of Jasper both of which are in dispute. However, like I said, a real Book of Jasper did exist at one time but the question is whether to two versions circulating today are accurate.

Natural evolution is one thing, this is entirely another. We can barely deal with our environment and yet we suddenly believe we're knowledgeable enough to rewrite and otherwise alter something as complex as human genetics at such a level. Not to mention the philosophical arguments against such manipulation and all the myriad ways it can not only be abused, but turn out disastrous.

yes but you can argue this is a part of our evolution- our ability to create these things. we created vaccines after all and here we all are. we created the ability to fly...tons of examples.

lt's called wisdom and understanding.
What a fucking dope. It's guys like you that make our country weak. Believe what you want if it makes you sleep comfortably at night. You're espousing views that died with science and a modern understanding of the world. Sad to think you're vote will help determine our future.

What a fucking dope. It's guys like you that make our country weak. Believe what you want if it makes you sleep comfortably at night. You're espousing views that died with science and a modern understanding of the world. Sad to think you're vote will help determine our future.

Yet yuoure the one who wants to let grown men use the bathroom with little girls. Please stfu about being sad about who votes.

Back