Glutes for the Slutes Squat/overhead press Competition

455 beltless for 3 on the safety squat bar. Could have done more but I left a bit in the tank. I went to technical failure, noticed myself leaning a bit. Felt these all up and down my spine rather than my legs. Which is a good thing. I believe my back is my weak point. Safety bar good mornings and Bulgarian split squats are also programmed later on.

Last edited:
10X3 465

4 to go
Hard to not rush sets to get it over with

Last edited:
Kid got me sick the last goddamned day of this program. Motherfuck. Better go soon. I needed to max next week. Better not have lost strength.

Kid got me sick the last goddamned day of this program. Motherfuck. Better go soon. I needed to max next week. Better not have lost strength.
I’m resigned to the 600-615-635 being my max for the comp, working on the press now.

I'm not in the comp. but I figured I'd post this. 700@191. One of my lifetime powerlifting goals.
[Yt]

Nice easy triple beltless high bar with 525lbs. It was supposed to be an RPE 7, I’d say it’s about right. Felt harder than it looks. Lower back still the limiting factor.

So after being sick all last week this is the results from Smolov Jr.
about a ten pound gain, so I didn’t lose any!

Might redo in a couple weeks to bury one at the same weight but honestly this is a good stopping point for a while. Need to heal up all the way.

Last edited:
You boys have been killing it, I have not. I realize now that I killed my body working this summer with little to no sleep most days, which lead to all of my injuries. I’ve got a little over a month to at least try and set a new PR, but I’m also going on a 2 week road trip in the middle of November.

Here’s hoping I can work up to at least a 5lbs PR before then!

So after being sick all last week this is the results from Smolov Jr.
about a ten pound gain, so I didn’t lose any!

Might redo in a couple weeks to bury one at the same weight but honestly this is a good stopping point for a while. Need to heal up all the way.

Good work. My max test is on Saturday. I’m starting a new job mid November so my final numbers will be posted before then.

Good work. My max test is on Saturday. I’m starting a new job mid November so my final numbers will be posted before then.
Left leg is pissed off at me. Sore groin and can’t quite point to which muscle it is but the outside of my left leg is sore too. Might be the it band. It’s probably wise to switch to a volume style bodybuilding approach for a while. Also dump low bar for a bit. 25 on press and 30 on squat ain’t a half bad

Back