Glutes for the Slutes Squat/overhead press Competition

im still training. its been hectic but ill see what i can do by december. Doing a 5/3/1 variant so its slow going on the weights. I dont really want to break program to max out but whatever

Sumo deadlifts suck ass. I dunno if it’s my mobility or form but they are just impossible for me.

245x5 press with fat grips on the bar. Don’t know if that makes it easier or harder tho

Banded squats today. Worked up to a 1rm, 425lbs in weights with 212 in band tension at the top. Wasn’t sure I’d be able to stand with it but I did. Banded squats really make you feel your core engaging.

1 week left
I’ll be adding more volume going forward on my workouts. Given the first day at 6*6 at 365 made me sore I am not getting enough reps in. Lesson learned. Looking forward to the week off though.

1 week left
I’ll be adding more volume going forward on my workouts. Given the first day at 6*6 at 365 made me sore I am not getting enough reps in. Lesson learned. Looking forward to the week off though.
If you don’t hit 550 at the end of this I’m only going to assume you didn’t eat or sleep enough

If you don’t hit 550 at the end of this I’m only going to assume you didn’t eat or sleep enough
That’s still like a 30 pound jump. I just want that quarter on the end if nothing else. Man I slept 14 hours yesterday. No wife or kids and I sacked out.

285 for 3 sets of 8 on the close grip bench press and 243 for a triple on the Swiss bar ohp. Hoping all this tricep work helps my press a bit.

285 for 3 sets of 8 on the close grip bench press and 243 for a triple on the Swiss bar ohp. Hoping all this tricep work helps my press a bit.
Been reading about stopping straight bar squats
Don’t know
Shoulder stress they say

Back