Glutes for the Slutes Squat/overhead press Competition

How the hell do I upload a video from my phone on here?

I’m gonna have to say no to the first one. But ya, a 5 Rep max works. As long as all 5 reps meet parallel, I don’t see why not.

Yep!

I'll have to test my squats this week and see how my knee feels, otherwise I might just be doing the OHP portion of the competition.

For reference do the powers that be consider these parallel?

Your poor back! That hurt me just watching those last two squats.

But I will give you credit, those were parallel.

Last edited:
How the hell do I upload a video from my phone on here?

Gotta upload the videos to YouTube or some other media sharing website, then share that link.

I'll have to test my squats this week and see how my knee feels, otherwise I might just be doing the OHP portion of the competition.

Don’t hurt yourself!

I just hit 280lbs for a double on the press yesterday. I’m thinking I’ll be at my goal around the time the competition starts. Move my press weight to 320lbs pls.

I just hit 280lbs for a double on the press yesterday. I’m thinking I’ll be at my goal around the time the competition starts. Move my press weight to 320lbs pls.

Done. I think

Last edited:
I searched an old competition thread, and used the same template/more than half the same post. I’ll clean it up if you have any suggestions?
How about

Name
Bw
Squat start
Ohp start

Doesn't seem like this comp is generating much interest. Should we change it to bench/deadlift?

No idea what my maxes are but I’ll jump in

Bw 220ish

Will get video to confirm but squat is 500ish and press is way way down to around 200-210 after my injury

Need my squat moved back to 525#. I’m doing beltless and nekkid knees, got 537.5# today but it was Grindy. Don’t want to overestimate myself. Goal is still 600 tho

I will probably switch to Smolov to get my squat where I want it, Wendlers is a little too small of an increase and too long between weight increases

I wouldn’t argue a red light but this is from a few weeks ago. I’ll get a good video this week and maybe an overhead press one

I wouldn’t argue a red light but this is from a few weeks ago. I’ll get a good video this week and maybe an overhead press one

That’s not a smudge high, your hip crease clearly dips below the top of the knee. Shittier depth has been white lighted.

That’s not a smudge high, your hip crease clearly dips below the top of the knee. Shittier depth has been white lighted.
Okay. Well I still shoot for lower normally. I’d really like to drop a 25 on there someday. Don’t think I’ll go much further than that, well unless weightlifting is all I have left in athletics I guess

Doesn't seem like this comp is generating much interest. Should we change it to bench/deadlift?

6 competitors, 7 if you join. Not the greatest turn out, but i’m Not sure bench/deadlift would generate much more.

No idea what my maxes are but I’ll jump in

Bw 220ish

Will get video to confirm but squat is 500ish and press is way way down to around 200-210 after my injury

Welcome! For some reason I always thought you were an Asian dude.

Does it have to be an all-time PR or can we use current? I don't think I'll even.hit my all-time PRs this year, let alone hit new ones. If so I'll test my maxes on Thursday

Back