Glutes for the Slutes Squat/overhead press Competition

Worked some overhead squats today and got up to 205#. Definitely need to work on shoulder stability and technique because I could be doing 3 bills easily with this lift.
I don’t see the risk va reward here, but I’ve also torn my shoulder before

I guess you’re right, it’s pointless really outside of ego and that’s when shit gets dangerous
Nah I mean the whole exercise. If it works for you maybe I’m off base. I could be being a pussy because of the injury

Nah I mean the whole exercise. If it works for you maybe I’m off base. I could be being a pussy because of the injury
The pressure, when you’re doing it right, is on the upper back rather than the shoulders. I gotta figure it out.

That is quite possibly the dumbest fucking attempt at a joke I've heard in awhile. What the fuck is your problem? Seriously, all of the posts I read from you reek of sexual frustration. Don't get me involved in one of your polyamorous, cuckhold fantasies. There's nothing more abhorrent to me than sharing a sexual partner with another man.

I bet you're the type of idiot who likes to say, "That's what she said" and then think smugly to yourself that you're a comedic genius. Stop it. What you're doing is embarrassing.
That's what she said...

Last edited:
LNcKXGx.gif

The intense phase has begun. And fuck is it brutal. They expect me to hit 4 reps with 90% after not squatting for 2 weeks. Got to my sets of 4 with 510 and had to throw the belt on.

So I moved to another neighborhood and nothing within a mile except for CrossFit gyms. 150 a goddamn fucking month or you fucking shitting me? Only bumper plates. Can get four on the bar and that’s it. 405. So did reps today beltless. I don’t think this is going to work. I’ll just have to drive. Thought they had kids jiu jitsu and kickboxing. Only reason I came. But I can just do jiu jitsu there since it’s close. They agreed to that. Not sure how I’d deadlift there. 405 x 20 for 5 sets?

So I moved to another neighborhood and nothing within a mile except for CrossFit gyms. 150 a goddamn fucking month or you fucking shitting me? Only bumper plates. Can get four on the bar and that’s it. 405. So did reps today beltless. I don’t think this is going to work. I’ll just have to drive. Thought they had kids jiu jitsu and kickboxing. Only reason I came. But I can just do jiu jitsu there since it’s close. They agreed to that. Not sure how I’d deadlift there. 405 x 20 for 5 sets?
Yeah dude CrossFit gyms are insanely expensive

Side bar
Anyone ever get dizzy during press as you approach max rep/weight?

So this was kinda my December goal. Five pound all time pr. Even over when I was fat. So do I raise the bar or accept as I get even leaner this will come back down? Would love 275. I’m at He point now where it looks like abs might poke through or I have some aggressive stomach cancer.

So this was kinda my December goal. Five pound all time pr. Even over when I was fat. So do I raise the bar or accept as I get even leaner this will come back down? Would love 275. I’m at He point now where it looks like abs might poke through or I have some aggressive stomach cancer.
I’m in the same boat, I hit my squat goal already. Do I finish the intense cycle of Smolov or move on and try to get my press where I want it?

I think you should both just take the remaining 4 months off.

Man I’m starting to dread every workout. I don’t want to become one of the people that quits Smolov though.

Did the shit. Anyone else have problems activating their hamstrings during low bar squats? My glutes and somewhat quads and adductors get fried but the hamstrings don’t even get a pump. Maybe they’re tight and I’ll need to do some activation exercises

Back