Glutamine

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Cint, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Cint

Cint Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

Need recommendations on brands. Also when to take the supplement. Before, during or after training?

2. Beijing Power

Beijing Power Yellow Belt

Unless ur a vegan or running marathons, I'm not sure u need supplemental glutamine.

Just have 15g of whey protein before ur workout.

3. quantiqus

quantiqus Brown Belt

Some say that glutamine is good if you are cutting. You an find in all kinds of meat, or in fish, or eggs, or dairies.

I took some, a while ago, in the mornings. No effects whatsoever.

4. Cint

I do BJJ and MMA training. Getting older and hard to stay lean.

ctrlaltdelete likes this.
  5. Beijing Power

If ur already doing whey, BCAA's would be a better investment for recovery. Take them intra-workout for workouts lasting longer than an hour.

I like buying a pre-made BCAA product like Xtend and mixing it with bulk BCAA powder. Seems to be more cost effective this was.

Also, if u haven't already, try overhauling ur diet. First, adding in more veggies and then starting to reduce calories dense foods on non-training days. It's best to go slow so the changes that u r able to live with the changes that u make.

Don't know what ur diet is like, but maybe consider reducing how many carbs ur eating on the days u don't do MMA/BJJ.

Valhoven, Cint and ctrlaltdelete like this.
  6. Cint

So I ordered this on Amazon and been using this. The only issue is some gastrointestinal problems. @Beijing Power

[​IMG]

7. Beijing Power

That's a bummer.

It could be the citrulline malate in it. Maybe take half an imodium with the xtend until u finish of the bottle. Then try a different product.

8. wufabufa

wufabufa Brown Belt

First you said to overahaul your diet in order to eat clean and then.....you advise him to paralyze his intestines just to take some sketchy supplement?

Strong constipation gains.

therealdope likes this.
  9. Beijing Power

Thanks for the input.

Please share your nutritional knowledge.

10. wufabufa

wufabufa Brown Belt

How about eating a balanced diet of nutrient dense fruits, veggies, and locally sourced/wild caught/humanely raised animal products? Sounds crazy but it might just work. Drink a lot of water and eat a lot of stuff that has shit in it that your body requires to function.

Taking anti-diarrhea medication in hopes of digesting some useless BCAA's(which you get plenty of in animal protein) is plain backwards. Do you really think stopping parastaltic activity and reducing the tone of your intestines is a healthy choice? Even if it does bulk up his stools, the fact that you've interrupted your digestion in such a way probably makes the whole exercise a mute point. Also he only mentioned "GI problems" as a blanket statement. How you came to the conclusion he was pooping too much is beyond me. Maybe he was bloated, excessive gas........worse yet he could have already been constipated and then stopped himself up even more by taking your advice.

You're welcome

therealdope and corpse like this.
  11. Beijing Power

Ok.

My life doesn't suck. I don't need to pick arguments with strangers on the internet.

12. Mark Cutting

Mark Cutting Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card Yellow Card Banned

I love the taste of Xtend, but never noticed any appreciable results even at 40 gm a day.

Cint likes this.
  13. Cint

It's also possible that drinking coffee before taking the Xtend is causing my stomach problems.

14. Beijing Power

I remember the mega-dosing BCAA trend. I did like four servings a day was getting mad cuts. . . in my wallet. Haha, who ever thought of that forum-powered marketing scheme is a genius.

15. Mark Cutting

Mark Cutting Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card Yellow Card Banned

Exactly. No fucking difference at all. It was Charles Poliquin. Some guys swear by them though.

16. TidWell

TidWell Silver Belt

Glutamine is good to help repair the gut, but other aminos work different some will irritate your gut and cause cramps in some people, but L Glutamine is great for gut repair but its not really needed for recovery just take a whey shake I guess, but just eat a clean protein rich diet and save your money for whole foods.

I used to take BCAAs like that but it damaged my gut, gave me inflammation, I wouldnt bother, just eat steaks, chickens, fish, beans etc, if anything just buy some Collagen Hydrolysate protein its way better for your body, and gut, and helps skin, hair an nails

mix a scoop of this in your morning coffee, juice, etc it works wonders for your ailments heals the gut lining, and helps with joints and skin and hair.
    [​IMG]

Cint and ctrlaltdelete like this.
  17. Cint

Sounds great. Where can I purchase this?

18. esum80

esum80 ศิษย์มนต์ชัย

that's the brand i've been using; alternate between the grape and blood orange. problem with glutamine sometimes, i find, is that it tastes like ass/chalky.

Cint likes this.
  19. TidWell

TidWell Silver Belt

Anywhere online, vitacost, iherb, etc

20. TidWell

TidWell Silver Belt

Never had that issue, chalky yes, but like ass? You might have had some mold or mildew in there, glutamine is basically tasteless the majority out there is micronized so they desolve easy and not gritty. But its not worth it for recovery, if you have a weak gut it can help heal the gut lining.

If you want to heal an ulcer drink cabbage juice with carrot and apple. It works.