Gloves for kickboxing | Page 2

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by AntonCrowley, Jan 8, 2017.

1. iFossil Orange Belt

iFossil
    Yeah I think so too, look like Thai factory product + rebranding to me as well. (No vent holes though.)

My personal experience is also different to yours with Top King, they very snug, but plenty enough of length, I also have narrow hand relatively long fingers, in terms of length, able to fit in broken in 8oz better than some 14, 16oz even.

2. dembones22 Blue Belt

dembones22
    Not sure if cereal regarding fighting in 16oz gloves?? You probably mean sparring. I like lighter weight gloves just because they feel better to me. Really it all comes down to your ability to make a fist and your aptitude to know how to land your punches correctly. Bigger gloves don't make you punch harder. If you have injured hands you might be able to feel less pain if that's what you mean. You can also shadow box with heavier weights or resistance bands as an alternative workout, give your hands a rest. You don't have to always go all out when hitting the heavy bag. I like to mix up the power on my shots. Usually I turn on full power no more than twice in a 4 bell round. It's normal for your knuckles to get a little red after a long heavy bag workout. There is no real reason to have extra long heavy bag workouts where your just punching, unless your training for a fight. I would say 6 rounds for boxing or 3 rounds of thai boxing for a general workout is adequate. That is assuming your doing other things like skipping rope, pad work, sparring, and calisthenics etc. in your total workout.

Cheers.

3. GFG Green Belt

GFG
    when it comes to gloves it's all about personal preference I would recommend physically going into a local gear store and trying out a few different pairs. Hell you might end up loving the fit of some unknown brand over the more popular brands you've seen online.

Kick_@ss_Seabass likes this.
  4. Kyron Batiste White Belt

Kyron Batiste
    u dnt fight in 16 boxers fight in 12 oz 10 oz 8 oz mma fight in 4 oz no one fights in 16

5. Minowafanatic Black Belt

Minowafanatic
    Well not strictly true, in the US in the "Masters Division" for older amateur fighters their competition gloves are 16oz. Obviously in unlicensed/white-collar/smoker bouts etc you'll get people fighting in 16oz.

Just being pedantic though and anyone saying "You fight in 16 so might as well train in them." is incorrect for the majority.

6. MuayThai101 Orange Belt

MuayThai101
    As a kickboxer myself, I dont touch Muay thai gloves anymore. Its just way too clunky/awkward for my taste. I get it if you tend to stand on the outside blocking kicks all night long and need the back hand + side padding. But for me, being able to throw the best punches I can possibly throw is much more important and thats why I like using boxing gloves. Boons are a good thai brand though. Their gloves are more boxing style rather than muay thai.

Rival gloves are by far my favorite. Quality is up there with Winnings but for less money. I feel like it will take over the industry. Best gloves I ever wore. My punches got so much cleaner and crisper going from a Twins to these Rival gloves. And I block head kicks just fine. The best part of these gloves is that they dont feel like their weight. Its compact and weight distribution is solid even all around. 16 Oz feels like a 14Oz even less. So I feel guilty (not really hehe) landing much more fast solid combos on sparring partners.