Glover Teixeira: "Jimi Manuwa isn’t qualified to fight for the belt”

He's right. The UFC is way too eager to throw #5-8 ranked guys into title shots when they string a few wins together. Meanwhile, here's #2 ranked Glover, 4-1 in his last 5, and literally nobody from the UFC, media or fanbase thinks he is within sniffing distance of a title shot. Does anybody seriously think a win over #1 ranked Gus would put him over the top? In today's UFC, I doubt it.

I somewhat agree. Manuwa should fight the winner of Glover - Gus before getting a title shot. But that all depends on if Jones - Cormier happens next.

Its a smart thing for him to say,but the way LHW is going,they might as well make this fight. Its more interesting than if Glover would get another shot.

But if you take the whole mma-striking skills in to the comparsion, Rumble is the better mma-striker. Rumble was one of UFC's best counter-strikers, he has finished guys with Kicks too. Rumble has a much larger striking-output then Jimi too.
Jimi is the most accurate striker at LHW. He lands like 20% more often than Rumble did.. He also lands over 97% of his strikes while on the feet, highest in LHW history.

Last edited:
He's right. The UFC is way too eager to throw #5-8 ranked guys into title shots when they string a few wins together. Meanwhile, here's #2 ranked Glover, 4-1 in his last 5, and literally nobody from the UFC, media or fanbase thinks he is within sniffing distance of a title shot. Does anybody seriously think a win over #1 ranked Gus would put him over the top? In today's UFC, I doubt it.
It's all about fresh match-ups, especially in a division like LHW.

If Cormier beats Jones, I'm sure they won't hesitate to book Glover vs Cormier. Nobody really wants to see Jones vs Glover 2. The Rumble KO is also fresh in everyone's minds.

Gus struggles with Blachowicz, he's whatever at this point.

Manuwa is the more interesting option due to the fan-friendly style and the fact that he has never fought either Cormier or Jones.

Last edited:
Talking about being qualified to fight for the belt lol

5S1m94H.gif
y3Oi9if.gif

I'd take Glover n Rumble (who already KO'd Jimi) over Jimi in a stand-up only fight, any day of the week.

Glover by left hook KO.
i wouldnt

in fact rumble only won because of the threat of the takedown. and i believe it would go differently today.

i wouldnt

in fact rumble only won because of the threat of the takedown. and i believe it would go differently today.

lol, you've got to be one of the worst posters on this site that isn't a huge troll.

lol, you've got to be one of the worst posters on this site that isn't a huge troll.
Lol, nah, I'm one of the few posters who's actually in the gym constantly, watching and participating non stop, boxing and MMA, and I know what the hell im talking about. This site is 90% casual fans who think they love fighting, but in reality, they don't know what they don't know.

So when a poster like you says some horse shit like that, insulting me with no support or real reason behind the way you feel or what you say, it reaffirms what I already know: I'm in the minority here

there's only like two or three top fighters in that division, so it's pretty hard to get the opportunity to beat a top fighter.

And he won't. The winner of Gus and Glover is clearly next in line after Jones fights Cormier.

Lol, nah, I'm one of the few posters who's actually in the gym constantly, watching and participating non stop, boxing and MMA, and I know what the hell im talking about. This site is 90% casual fans who think they love fighting, but in reality, they don't know what they don't know.

So when a poster like you says some horse shit like that, insulting me with no support or real reason behind the way you feel or what you say, it reaffirms what I already know: I'm in the minority here

lol, again, I've been here a long time, seen plenty of you "im in the gym so I know what Im talkin bout" guys, you're in the majority as far as being a shitty poster. If you need proof of it, re-read your posts in this thread, or any thread that involves HW's (especially Stipe). Until the tough guy act, I was going to say you're still a notch above the Conor nuthuggers, but, you're pretty much on the same level or worse now

gl with the MMA/Boxing career, I'm sure you'll go far.

lol, again, I've been here a long time, seen plenty of you "im in the gym so I know what Im talkin bout" guys, you're in the majority as far as being a shitty poster. If you need proof of it, re-read your posts in this thread, or any thread that involves HW's (especially Stipe). Until the tough guy act, I was going to say you're still a notch above the Conor nuthuggers, but, you're pretty much on the same level or worse now

gl with the MMA/Boxing career, I'm sure you'll go far.
its not a career, i do it for fun. i have a job.

i offered legitimate analysis and you responded with an insult. youre an old mma fan who knows far less about combat sports than you think. youre a very common sherdogger.

carry on

its not a career, i do it for fun. i have a job.

i offered legitimate analysis and you responded with an insult. youre an old mma fan who knows far less about combat sports than you think. youre a very common sherdogger.

carry on

you must not have even watched the fight at all dude. All this great analysis, but did you even watch it?

Jimi got dropped in the first 25 seconds of the fight, before Rumble decided to take him down. Manuwa's best offense in the fight was a leg kick late in round 1 after he got up.

Rumble and him were on the feet trading punches/kicks when Jimi was KO'd. How the hell was there a threat of a takedown, when they were both swinging punches at each other?

You can take your "knowledge" and shove it pal.

Glover isn't qualified to fight Manuwa...

Or at least that how it looks since he ducked him.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...ontenders-for-ducking-a-fight-with-him-031317

These duck claims are tiresome.
Glover is a top 5 LHW.
he has been fighting the most dangerous top fighters in LHW division.

We have no clue what happened, just Manuwa claiming he does not know why the fight didn't happen.
Heck UFC might have offered more money for him to fight Jared... God knows they need new names at LHW!!
Claiming Glover (who called out AJ of all guys) is afraid of Manuwa is just plain stupid IMO.

Stop with the madness and misinformation!!

Back