Glover Teixeira: "Jimi Manuwa isn’t qualified to fight for the belt”

Jimi is just a power puncher and that's it.

And lol at people saying Glover ducked him. Get real man, this guy has fought JBJ, Rampage, Rumble, you think Jimi is the one that's gonna frighten him? Please

Jimi is a dude who is in the top 10 because there's nobody in the division anymore. If this was 5-6 years ago, he wouldn't even be in the top 15.

he's right that he hasn't beat any top 5ers yet.

but he's wrong in thinking that is a sole criteria for a title shot.

fact is, if UFC wants a LHW title shot as early as July and Jones cannot do it, and Gust is fighting Glover in late May, then Jimi it is.

if they chose to make a fight in Aug or Sep, then Jimi is probably 3rd, behind Jones and the winner of Gust v Glover.

sometimes life is unfair. sometimes timing works in the other guys favor.
Rumble was a top5 wen they faced each others and so was Gus. Gus just came of the Jones loss so he was definitely top5. But to your point, both of these top5 fighters finished jimi within 10 minutes so there is somewhat fact to prove Glovers thesis here.

manuwa and rumble are nothing alike except theyre both black with big power. not even close other than that. manuwa is the much more skilled boxer.
But if you take the whole mma-striking skills in to the comparsion, Rumble is the better mma-striker. Rumble was one of UFC's best counter-strikers, he has finished guys with Kicks too. Rumble has a much larger striking-output then Jimi too.

And lol at people saying Glover ducked him. Get real man, this guy has fought JBJ, Rampage, Rumble, you think Jimi is the one that's gonna frighten him? Please

Jimi is a dude who is in the top 10 because there's nobody in the division anymore. If this was 5-6 years ago, he wouldn't even be in the top 15.
When where Jimi and Glover suppose to fight each others?
Because if Jimi was a no-name at the time I totally understand Glovers decline.

UFC offered the fight to both
Jimi agreed to fight Glover at UFC 208
Glover fought at UFC 208
The person Glover fought at UFC 208 wasn't Jimi

Based on the evidence we have what other conclusion could we come to?

i suppose it comes down to critical thinking. some people (including you) are comfortable coming to conclusions based on little evidence or hearsay, and others (including me) don't make conclusions based on little evidence or hearsay.

below are two quotes and sources where both fighters acknowledge that they thought the fight was on, then it wasn't, and they don't know why:

Jimi: "I was scheduled to fight Glover Teixeira in the beginning and somehow the fight didn’t happen. It was scheduled to be in Sacramento first and then they moved it to Denver and then I said I’ll fight him in Brooklyn in early February and somehow he ended up fighting this person who’s not even in the top 15 and then that was it, the fight was cancelled."

Glover: "First they got me Jimi Manuwa but for some reason I don’t know what happened. They put him on another card and they offered me Jared so of course I’m going to accept it"
i say that means we don't know what happened, based on the little evidence, but if anything it suggests the 3rd party (the UFC) is likely to blame.

whereas you think this proves Glover is a ducker.

we just have a different way of analyzing data i suppose. BTW i don't believe aliens landed in Nevada last century either.

But if you take the whole mma-striking skills in to the comparsion, Rumble is the better mma-striker. Rumble was one of UFC's best counter-strikers, he has finished guys with Kicks too. Rumble has a much larger striking-output then Jimi too.
this is why i love mma. its all kind of subjective when you get into that discussion and match ups are far more relevant.

personally, i prefer jimi's striking. and he is still improving imo, his last two fights showed much more control and efficiency, even if they were against lesser competition. his footwork and technique has really impressed me, hes been very patient and made every punch count. i think the alex and rumble losses, plus the move to alex's camp, has made a drastic chance in jimi's style and overall skill.

i truly believe jimi is a worse match up for cormier than rumble was and i said it before the second rumble fight. i could elaborate even more, but the fight isnt even going to happen for sure yet, so ill wait.

nah, jimi is a boxer. rumble is a power puncher. glover too.

Manuwa isn't qualified?

I'm pretty sure at this point, the ringside cameraman is in the LHW top ten.
Glover should try and fight him because before long their gonna have to start a raffle giving out LHW title shots to random fans at UFC events.

everyone on here saying that Glover isn't a top contender and that he needs to stuff needs to realize that Glover never said that he's a contender- he never compared Manuwa to himself, he's simply talking about Manuwa.

this is why i love mma. its all kind of subjective when you get into that discussion and match ups are far more relevant.

personally, i prefer jimi's striking. and he is still improving imo, his last two fights showed much more control and efficiency, even if they were against lesser competition. his footwork and technique has really impressed me, hes been very patient and made every punch count. i think the alex and rumble losses, plus the move to alex's camp, has made a drastic chance in jimi's style and overall skill.

i truly believe jimi is a worse match up for cormier than rumble was and i said it before the second rumble fight. i could elaborate even more, but the fight isnt even going to happen for sure yet, so ill wait.
Both Gus and Rumble took Jimi down without any problems, Jimi had big problems coming up, one of Jimi's biggest weaknesses that we know of is his wrestling and since Cormier has some of the best mma-wrestling we've seen he could steamrolle/wrestle-fuck his way to a very fast victory over Jimi, I mean fuck the clinch jus take Jimi down and GnP. Do you remember how Cormier finished Patrick Cummings?

I have Zero interest watching the fight between Jimi and Cormier, it Screams mis-match.

Sad to see Phil Davis leaving to Bellator because then maybe Jimi vs Davis would have been a natural next step to the elite in the division for Jimi and a test of Jimi's current wrestling skills?

Both Gus and Rumble took Jimi down without any problems, Jimi had big problems coming up, one of Jimi's biggest weaknesses that we know of is his wrestling and since Cormier has some of the best mma-wrestling we've seen he could steamrolle/wrestle-fuck his way to a very fast victory over Jimi, I mean fuck the clinch jus take Jimi down and GnP. Do you remember how Cormier finished Patrick Cummings?

I have Zero interest watching the fight between Jimi and Cormier, it Screams mis-match.

Sad to see Phil Davis leaving to Bellator because then maybe Jimi vs Davis would have been a natural next step to the elite in the division for Jimi and a test of Jimi's current wrestling skills?
i believe jimi has turned a corner.

DC is a rightful favorite if the match is made, but jimi has a much better chance than rumble did, who is a wrestler, which actually hurt him against dc. you want to avoid the wrestling exchanges with DC.

jimi is at distance and on his bike all night, only throwing when cormier makes the mistake of getting too close.

its not a simple match for daniel whatsoever.

i believe jimi has turned a corner.

DC is a rightful favorite if the match is made, but jimi has a much better chance than rumble did, who is a wrestler, which actually hurt him against dc. you want to avoid the wrestling exchanges with DC.

jimi is at distance and on his bike all night, only throwing when cormier makes the mistake of getting too close.

its not a simple match for daniel whatsoever.
If Cormier was to only stand with Jimi it would not be a easy fight for Cormier, but he would implement an other game-plan that involves the clinch and wrestling (like it almost always does), and then suddenly it would become a simple fight for Cormier.

Last edited:
If Cormier was to only stand with Jimi it would not be a easy fight for Cormier, but he would implement an other game-plan that involves the clinch and wrestling (like almost always does), and then suddenly it would become a simple fight for Cormier.
easier said than done. thats kind of my point. when you have boxing, particularly the foot work, its very hard to initiate clinches or shots without taking big damage. stipe is a great example. you really just cant get close at all...

Cruz/Garbrandt (garbrandt is a bantamweight stipe, but a little more crisp boxer + less accomplished wrestler)
Stipe/Werdum (perfect example)
Stipe/Overeem (even though overeem wasnt trying to clinch or shoot, but avoid stipe, which is the right move against a fighter with better boxing. just an example of not being able to get close)
Manuwa/Anderson...

a few examples off the top of my head. boxing is coming to life in MMA...

although i admit, i come from a boxing house and loved boxing before mma, so i see things a little differently.

but i also have spent a lot of time getting dominated by wrestlers in the gym lol. trust me, i know the path for DC, but i think theres also a very good path for manuwa that people dont see. thats all. manuwa will knock him out if he lands the way he wants.

I jacked off to your avatar twice already

rPNCqww.jpg

nah, jimi is a boxer. rumble is a power puncher. glover too.

I'd take Glover n Rumble (who already KO'd Jimi) over Jimi in a stand-up only fight, any day of the week.

Glover by left hook KO.

Yeah jimmis credentials are a bit lol, but i like him and he is on a roll.

Lol Glover.. you don't want this fight dude
You barely got past 'the killa gorilla'

Back