Glove sizes

Silver tongue samurai

Ronin
@Blue
Reaction score
What size gloves (oz) do you guys use for what?

i would use 12-16 on heavy bag
12 for pads
16 for sparring
12 for double end bag (rarley 4)

I read that Duane makes tj use 16s for everything including drilling combos.
(Interesting fact Blaydes uses 18s for sparring)

After that i have started using 16s for everything (maybe 12 here and there for pads)

Just curious what you guys think on this topic. Pros cons?

What size gloves (oz) do you guys use for what?

i would use 12-16 on heavy bag
12 for pads
16 for sparring
12 for double end bag (rarley 4)

I read that Duane makes tj use 16s for everything including drilling combos.
(Interesting fact Blaydes uses 18s for sparring)

After that i have started using 16s for everything (maybe 12 here and there for pads)

Just curious what you guys think on this topic. Pros cons?

14 Oz are best all-round IMO. Not too heavy, and still good conditioner.

I honestly don't care, I just smack things. I'm not going to change gloves based on what I'm doing.

Edit: Except hard sparring of course, I'm not going to cut someone's face off out of laziness.

I honestly don't care, I just smack things. I'm not going to change gloves based on what I'm doing.

Edit: Except hard sparring of course, I'm not going to cut someone's face off out of laziness.

Good edit haha i was gonna say...

That planet fitness commercial reminds me of @j123 's "just bang"

Coach: here are the heavy bags
J: i just bang
Coach: ummm okay... here are where we keep our pads
J: i just bang

Doesn't matter for me, only separation is sparring and "bag" gloves. Never got the whole bigger guys wear smaller gloves deal.

Good edit haha i was gonna say...

That planet FATNESS commercial reminds me of @j123 's "just bang"

Coach: any questions
J: How much to bang per hour?
Coach: $30 drop in
J: Sold. Tatjana charges $160/h wait wut.....

Fixed

"Discriminating against making gains."
Had to find this video again

brb gonna make judgement free MMA

bang too hard and you get the alarm

"Are you a manlet that has always wanted to be a fighter, without being intimidated by fighters?"

16 for hard sparring 12 oz for mitts and bag why use 16 for bags n mitts? i think u should feel your knuckles hitting the bag it conditions your hands for hitting things it feels weird hitting a bag and not feeling any impact

brb gonna make judgement free MMA

bang too hard and you get the alarm

"Are you a manlet that has always wanted to be a fighter, without being intimidated by fighters?"

"If a bang bro bangs too hard the bang buzzer goes off."

At least now we have an actual reason to make you "i just bang" commercial a thing

16 for hard sparring 12 oz for mitts and bag why use 16 for bags n mitts? i think u should feel your knuckles hitting the bag it conditions your hands for hitting things it feels weird hitting a bag and not feeling any impact

I agree about the knuckles. I love that feeling. I get that with 16s though so thats why i use those

I agree about the knuckles. I love that feeling. I get that with 16s though so thats why i use those

guess depend son your gloveswith my 16 oz winnings no way n hell lol id also never wana waste that padding hitting pads n bags anyways

i think uma have the best bag glove a very hard leather and amazing wrist support

guess depend son your gloveswith my 16 oz winnings no way n hell lol id also never wana waste that padding hitting pads n bags anyways

i think uma have the best bag glove a very hard leather and amazing wrist support

Yeah, it was like a pair of sportcheck everlast powerlock gloves so i mean not the best. After like 3 years i got a pair of the ONX xfactor gloves on sale

Yeah, it was like a pair of sportcheck everlast powerlock gloves so i mean not the best. After like 3 years i got a pair of the ONX xfactor gloves on sale

man go to amazing u get amazing deals theremy friend just got a 29 dollar pair of hayabusa mam gloves that go for 60 bucks he got 16 oz bad boys for 30 as well

10 for mitts
12 for bag and pads
16 for sparring

man go to amazing u get amazing deals theremy friend just got a 29 dollar pair of hayabusa mam gloves that go for 60 bucks he got 16 oz bad boys for 30 as well

I broke my wrist and have semi bitch wrists so i have to choose quality gloves usually lace up but the onx ones are good i don't even need wraps

What size gloves do the fighters in each weight class use when actually in pro bout?

FWIW, 16s were never intended for bag use. There's things called "bag gloves" that are for bags.

What model UMA gloves for the bag?

Back