Glory Redemption looking tasty

Mafanofe

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Glory Redemption(glory 49) is coming in as pretending to be the "Rico vs Badr" of the year and is developing as a really amazing card

the same elements,the event divided in 3 parts: Superfight Series,Glory 49,Glory Redemption(headline)

Fights already confirmed:

SFS: Londt vs Marshall(two contender tournament champions,probably fighting to the winner face Verhoeven)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Glory 49:
WW Title fight

LW contender Tournemnt

Marat Grigorian vs Baya(i read in a dutch site that they will be fighting and the winner will face Sitthichai,who will be much probably Grigorian again for the 549 time)
-------------------------------------------------------------

Glory Redemption:

HW Title Fight: Rico vs Ben Saddik

Holzken vs TBA(since the purpose of this one is having Rico and probably Holzken and other guys) having a chance to fight with someone who beat them in the past).

So maybe as Rico-Saddik revenge they probably will match Holzken to fight Doumbe again(same error of the Grigorian Matchup,he would much probably get another loss),or maybe the "redemption" can be for Kongolo facing Holzken,a much more viable Match to Holzken win and make the crowd happy

this event is looking huge,as the time passes this thread can reunite new info about the event and matches

I had no idea about this. don't like too much this idea of having three separate cards at once with their thin roster but it sure will make for a fun day of watching fights in sequence. I'm not crazy about the specific matchups either as Rico should be able to tool Ben Saddik and Holzken has been looking extremely lackluster for a long time.

Hope Holzken will fight Kongolo, was looking forward to that fight. Pretty sure that this card will deliver.
Ahoy is a great venue, UFC had a great show there.

All I can I say is that I am defiantly not paying for the redemption part of this card. This show is not near big enough or has enough good fights to be worth $30. Maybe rico vs saki would have been worth it but rico vs saddikk is not worth shit in my opinion. This event has a big change to get even less buys than the ~10k the 85kg last man standing did.

If it was all free it would be a good event but for the $30 all I can say is no thank you

All I can I say is that I am defiantly not paying for the redemption part of this card. This show is not near big enough or has enough good fights to be worth $30. Maybe rico vs saki would have been worth it but rico vs saddikk is not worth shit in my opinion. This event has a big change to get even less buys than the ~10k the 85kg last man standing did.

If it was all free it would be a good event but for the $30 all I can say is no thank you
you know they only announced 1 fight on that card right?

I think it was
GLORY REDEMPTION
SUPERFIGHT SERIES
GLORY 49 ROTTERDAM

Ben Saddik defeated Verhoeven once, so Rico needs this fight in my opinion.

Rico vs Ben is a good fight, but it's not $30 buy a PPV good. They can stack that portion of the card, but with who that is going to make it worth paying money for? I can't think of any other matchups within their roster, and they can't take everyone away from the SFS and # event to fill it.

This event is gonna need more seasoning before I call it tasty. They still got time but they need to look into bringing in guys not already under the Glory umbrella.

Here's an opponent for Holzken that I would actually like to see: Artur Kyshenko.

I dont think anyone here is going to pay 30 bucks to watch it,there are so many streams around :rolleyes:

I dont think anyone here is going to pay 30 bucks to watch it,there are so many streams around :rolleyes:
Well that is for certain, but if us hardcores aren't intrigued enough I doubt casuals will be. I just don't see it as a good business model, the Hari vs Rico event seemed to be a flop PPV wise. Maybe since they are already getting their revenue streams from the SFS and 49 any PPV buys are a bonus, not sure.

Well that is for certain, but if us hardcores aren't intrigued enough I doubt casuals will be. I just don't see it as a good business model, the Hari vs Rico event seemed to be a flop PPV wise. Maybe since they are already getting their revenue streams from the SFS and 49 any PPV buys are a bonus, not sure.
they are trying hard to make it as a little brother of Rico vs Badr but of course it is not going to produce a PPV near to Badr vs Rico(i dont know the numbers but it is obvious),only a restricted number of Verhoeven big fans and Moroccan crazy fanboys are going to buy it

Verhoeven haves pretty good following by kickboxing standards,but the glory 36 PPV was completly up because he was fighting Badr,neither Verhoeven,Saddik and Holzken can be able to put a real legit PPV revenue,especially in a sport who historically isnt too familiar with this method(thanks god for it)

They are not going to do a good PPV but they can put more number in the attendance with more rentable guys on Netherlands,there was a rumour in the past about Jaraya coming close to glory,if they could put him in this card and promote him it can brings even more

What's the solution?

What's the solution?
They are 0-2 for PPV attempts. My solution is don't do a PPV, unless theirs some financial foundation that makes it profitable that I am unaware of.

Stack your main outlets with as many good fights as possible rather than spread it thin over three seperate cards that all need main events and key fights.

They are 0-2 for PPV attempts. My solution is don't do a PPV, unless theirs some financial foundation that makes it profitable that I am unaware of.

Stack your main outlets with as many good fights as possible rather than spread it thin over three seperate cards that all need main events and key fights.

Definitely agree with the 3 cards thing on one day. I mean even for us hardcore fans 3 cards at once is a bit of an overkill. I'm not complaining but I'd rather have those 3 cards spread across 3 different weekends rather than all in one day.

I guess for them it's easier to organise in terms of logistics and potentially they can make a lot more money from people buying several cards for what essentially is the same event.

Definitely agree with the 3 cards thing on one day. I mean even for us hardcore fans 3 cards at once is a bit of an overkill. I'm not complaining but I'd rather have those 3 cards spread across 3 different weekends rather than all in one day.

I dont agree, Dynamite and K1 wgp shows were also +/- 13 fights on one event.

Ya, but they also had way more stars. Plus, back in those days especially fans from the US wasn't seeing any of those events live, we were downloading individual fights about a week after it took place.

They were not split as 3 separate events / PPV though. Also most of those were tournaments so it made sense 1 event with 13+ fights.

I don't mind an event with a lot of fights, but if that means that then you don't get any events for 2 or 3 months after that or some crappy cards then that's the issue IMO.

I don't know about you guys but I'm more about quality over quantity. I'd rather they do let's say 1 event every 2 month and it's got at least 2 or 3 solid fights, rather than trying to put a lot of crappy cards and then suddenly have one amazing "3 cards in 1" event.

Well i totally exxagerated on my expectations for this card :(

https://www.glorykickboxing.com/new...on-dec-9:f903a768-0ca8-40c1-bfaf-4e0e75814302

GLORY: REDEMPTION
Heavyweight World Title Bout: Rico Verhoeven vs. Jamal Ben Saddik
Light Heavyweight Bout: Michael Duut vs. Danyo Ilunga
Heavyweight Bout: Anderson Silva vs. Xavier Vigney
Featherweight No. 1 Contender Bout: Petchpanomrung Kiatmookao vs. Zakaria Zouggary

GLORY 49 SuperFight Series
Middleweight World Title Bout: Alex Pereira vs. Yousri Belgaroui
Heavyweight Bout: Ismael Londt vs. D’Angelo Marshall
Welterweight Bout: Nieky Holzken vs. Alim Nabiyev
Welterweight Bout: Eyevan Danenberg vs. Jamie Bates
Featherweight Bout: Bailey Sugden vs. Chenglong Zhang

GLORY 49 Rotterdam
Lightweight Tournament Final Bout: Winner of Bout A vs. Winner of Bout B
Lightweight Bout: Christian Baya vs. Samo Petje
Welterweight Bout: Omar Moreno vs. Anying Wang
Lightweight Tournament Semifinal Bout B: Niclas Larsen vs. Tyjani Beztati
Lightweight Tournament Semifinal Bout A: Stoyan Koprivlenski vs. Maykol Yurk

Card still good but with some deceptionating matchups,putting in a balance;

-------------------------------------------------

Cool Matchups:

-Rico vs Saddik

- Duut vs Ilunga(not a really high level one,especially since Ilunga is looking bad on his loss streak and Duut is a threat only against Mid-Low lvls,But its going to be good to have a 3rd fight between them after the last year´s crazy slugfest)

- Baya vs Petje (originally Baya was set to face Grigorian but he got replaced by Petje,what think isnt bad..Petje is an cool addition and the matchup is more equilibred now)

- Holzken vs Nabiev

-Londt vs Marshall

- Pereira vs Belgaroui

- For the Title Shot: Zouggary vs Petpanomrung (battle of my favorite "prospects", this is going to be amazing)

-------------------------------------------------------

Decent Matchups:

- Braddock vs Vigney (hope to see a lowkickfest destruction by Silva)

- Eyevan Danenberg vs Jamie Bates (both OK prospects)

- Bailey Sudgen vs Zhang Chenglong (both mid lvls,Chenglong better)

-------------------------------------

Lame matchups:

-Omar Moreno(?) vs Anying Wang (Dude who got KOed by clinch rape against Llodra last year,KOed with a Body knee against Simon Marcus in 2013...Dude is also an 2-2 MMA fighter who fought in UFC 2x)

-LW Contender tournament:

-Pushing Larsen to it again
-Maykol Yurk who is cool to watch his brawls but he didnt deserve to be part of it,he is also a natural FW
-Tyjani Beztati(kid with suspicious ability to be able to face good opponents)
-Stoyan Koprivlensk(dude who was undefeated til Kevin Hessling outclassed him on glory 45)

none of them are legit to face a champion...

Last edited:
Anying Wang (Dude who got KOed by clinch rape against Llodra last year,KOed with a Body knee against Simon Marcus in 2013...Dude is also an 2-2 MMA fighter who fought in UFC 2x)
DNuiqqFXkAEVhYs.jpg:large

dont worry, everyone who already watched kickboxing is going to know who he is,thats why they dont even try to give the guy a background :)

Last edited:
Back