Glory Middleweight Champ Pereira to fight in UFC contender series

Alex "Po Atan" Pereira, the kickboxing champion of the world, fights tonight, to the ones interested. He's a fucking beast, 38-6 with 27 KOs.

Many rumors in Brasil about him wanting to test himself in UFC, specially after watching how successful Adesanya has been (Pereira has a DEC and a KO win over Adesanya), and seems like he has been working his grappling.
Now it's just a matter of time, he is probably going to finish the fights he still has with Glory and then will fight in DWTNCS or some satellite event.

Just finished watching glory that KO was a beauty

First time attending Glory fights live and this KO was great. I don't know why the ref even started counting.

Was sitting so close to the ring I thought maybe I would catch a tooth.

“Thank God. Another big step! August 10 in Las Vegas, more info soon.. Cheer for me.”

Probably trying out for the UFC contender series.

6CeFTNu.gif

g4CLJIu.gif

NeQwIUo.gif

ko'd stylebender ? I love this guy already.

Oh my God that guy's KO power is horrifying. And he has grappling experience? And he's only 31?! Wow!!!

I'd be 100% ok with him joining the UFC. If he keeps improving his ground game then he would be a beast

If he continues training his defensive grappling, EVERYONE in that MW division is fucked.

well he seems to have ZERO wrestling experience. if he really wants to fight in the ufc, he needs to fuck off from glory and train like wrestling exclusively for some time until he gets reasonably good, then he starts to mix his striking with his wrestling and that's it
if he thinks that he's going to do well because adesanya is doing the same, I think he's in for a rude awakening. adesanya is fighting since 6 years ago, had 11 fights before going to the ufc

also this right here is NOT USADA approved. he needs to step his wrestling game together with his USADA game too

Oh my God that guy's KO power is horrifying. And he has grappling experience? And he's only 31?! Wow!!!

I'd be 100% ok with him joining the UFC. If he keeps improving his ground game then he would be a beast
Hell yeah. He has a hell of a chin too. Never was knocked OUT in 40+ fights

Po Atan has grappling experience?

Never knew that.

Seems like every Kickboxer is making the transition these days.

he is a foking beast with great boxing
but usada will make him much weaker

well he seems to have ZERO wrestling experience. if he really wants to fight in the ufc, he needs to fuck off from glory and train like wrestling exclusively for some time until he gets reasonably good, then he starts to mix his striking with his wrestling and that's it
if he thinks that he's going to do well because adesanya is doing the same, I think he's in for a rude awakening. adesanya is fighting since 6 years ago, had 11 fights before going to the ufc

also this right here is NOT USADA approved. he needs to step his wrestling game together with his USADA game too
He already fought in Jungle Fight, 2 years ago, so i think he's been grappling for a while, but yeah he will have to focus a lot on that if he wants to make a impact in UFC.

As far as the eye test goes, that doesn't mean anything, his shape doesn't scream steroids any more than Woodley's or Brunson's.

Back