Glory heavyweight Hesdy Gerges signs for Bellator

Reb

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
A few months ago he fought Badr Hari.
Now he makes the transition to MMA.

Hesdy, 36, is a 6ft6, kickboxing veteran with a record of 50-20. His girlfriend, Denise Kielholtz, is a kickboxing legend on her own and is currently 2-0 in Bellator MMA.

Good to see more dutch kickboxers making the switch to MMA.

Gerges is I believe 34, not 36.

Really curious to see how he will do. Not expecting much out of this.

I don't really see this being a success. His style usually doesn't translate well to MMA and he's not the most athletic guy either.

Hesdy, 36, is a 6ft6, kickboxing veteran with a record of 50-20. His girlfriend, Denise Kielholtz, is a kickboxing legend on her own and is currently 2-0 in Bellator MMA.

If they give him good match ups he could do well. He doesnt look like hes taking his training very seriously these days. Had a huge gut in his fight with Badr a few months ago.

Seems like Bellator really wants to go to the netherlands soon.
Don't think they will succeed, but for dutch MMA it would be a good thing.

Btw. I also don't see Hesdy succeed in MMA.
The only dutch kickboxer right now I would like to see make a transition to MMA is Verhoeven and I really think he could do well at MMA or at least better then Saki or Hesdy.
Would be nice to see van Roosmalen doing MMA again,too.

He is not 36, he may look just old.

Maybe 34, but damn this is good news for Bellator.

Hesdy Gerges is a legit Kickboxing Champion and a former It's Showtime Kickboxing Champ.

The only dutch kickboxer right now I would like to see make a transition to MMA is Verhoeven and I really think he could do well at MMA or at least better then Saki or Hesdy.
Don't count out Heady Gerges yet, this guy is a Kickboxing Champ and blessed with length.

His height and long reach can be a problem for most opponents in Bellator.

I have a feeling Rico Verhoeven is around there looking to join Bellator soon,

I wonder if Badr Hari is interested.

Good. I dont see him being a top contender but as long as they match him against strikers from time to time it will be all sorts of fun for us,

Funny, I remember him cuz reem kneed him into a coma and sure enough his Wikipedia record says Loss - KO and sent to the shadow realm

Yeah, heavy heavy knees , illegal under K-1 rules (that say, just one strike in the clinch then free). But it was so epic, that officials let it slide :)

What makes you think they won’t succeed in the Netherlands?

I’d love to see van Roosmalen in Bellator as well. I know he fought a couple of times in mma, but haven’t heard much since

I remember hearing Rico say that he would like to try mma in the future, but he explicitly states ufc. Bellator might be out of the question (unless something changed)

Is he signing on to solely compete in mma? I’m would be wise to sign him for a couple Bellator KB shows as well.

should've just stayed in glory then?
No... I respect his decision. We dont know why he is doing it... money, maybe try something new, who knows?

What Im saying is that they should give him a few guys who are going to strike with him at first. Then the inevitable thing it is going to happen when he faces a wrestler. I hope his TDD holds in MMA but I would not put my money on it.

Back