Glory FW

VinceF

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
So there is allot of movement in the FW devision of glory. RvR joining the ranking and Matt winning the contender tournement. Giga winning from Adamchuck and the recent addition of saenchai. Amrani for me also still is top 10 material.

This was a shallow devision but gained some interesting fights to be made.

Yes allot of interesting (some better) fighters are outside glory. Still im happy this devision is more alive.

What fights would you like to see under the glory banner?

Last edited:
RvR joining in is interesting but that's about it for now. Saenchai might've just been a one time thing. We'll see what Petchpanomrung and the couple other signings will amount to.

Amrani has had a couple poor outings and good luck if he continues like that.

Let's see how Amrani does in China for his next fight.

Last edited:
So there is allot of movement in the FW devision of glory. RvR joining the ranking and Matt winning the contender tournement. Giga winning from Adamchuck and the recent addition of saenchai. Amrani for me also still is top 10 material.

This was a shallow devision but gained some interesting fights to be made.

Yes allot of interesting (some better) fighters are outside glory. Still im happy this devision is more alive.

What fights would you like to see under the glory banner?
You forgot about the most important move of all. Petpanomrung joining. Forget Saenchai. He was just in Glory for that one fight and maybe might fight again but I doubt it. Saenchai doesn't need to be in Glory. He can make good money elsewhere.

You forgot about the most important move of all. Petpanomrung joining. Forget Saenchai. He was just in Glory for that one fight and maybe might fight again but I doubt it. Saenchai doesn't need to be in Glory. He can make good money elsewhere.
are you still convinced adamchuk and varga would dominate in japan?

are you still convinced adamchuk and varga would dominate in japan?
I don't know enough about the fighters in Japan but adamchuk and varga would be at the top. Kaew the only one that I know for sure can beat them.

I don't know enough about the fighters in Japan but adamchuk and varga would be at the top. Kaew the only one that I know for sure can beat them.
so how does Adamchuk lose to Chikadze, who lost to Matt Embree?

so how does Adamchuk lose to Chikadze, who lost to Matt Embree?
I guess that's just my ignorance. Not too familiar with Chikadze or Embree. I didn't even know those 2 fought.

I guess that's just my ignorance. Not too familiar with Chikadze or Embree. I didn't even know those 2 fought.
That's what this thread is about. Adamchuk just lost to Chikadze, and then Chikadze got KO'd by Matt Embree.

I think Chikadze was just in that fight on the right night,Adamchuk was clearly on a poor performance,too inactive and wasnt really starting with southpaw mid kicks opening spaces to jabs crosses and uppercuts as usual,so....

Adamchuk is pretty good on a good day,but i dont figure him in Yamazaki-Noiri,Varga would be the most probable to figure as better on a K-1 WGP strong tournament,maybe he would be a guy who passed to semi finals and loose a good fight against an big dog like Yamazaki or Noiri or Bulaid

No legitimacy between Varga and Adamchuk. The beef with them is that they've really only beaten each other and Amrani. Good thing about recent signings though is that it gives Varga a change to up his legitimacy by beating RvR and Petchpanomrung.

Adamchuk and Varga might take sloppy decisions over the wilder fighters like Bulaid, Kimura and Hiroya. Nothing I've seen really convinces me that they're favorites over Kaew, Noiri, Yamazaki. Heck, Kubo might beat Varga again if he drops down to 65kg again. 50-50 vs. Glunder and Soda.

Is it just me or is FW becoming more interesting than LW?

Gogokhia left kickboxing, Petrosyan isn't facing top opposition. Yodsanklai isn't fighting. Ristie isn't fighting. Robin just left the division. The only interesting guys left are Sittichai, Marat, Superbon, Tayfun Ozcan and like 2 more guys.

In featherweight (inclusive non-glory fighters) we will have Kaew, Robin Van Roosmalen, Petpanomrung, Yamazaki, Ilias Bulaid, Massaro Glunder, Masaaki Noiri, Qiu Jian Liang and the current glory FW guys Adamchuk, Gabriel Varga, Matt Embree & Chikadze.

Last edited:

Gogokhia left kickboxing, Petrosyan isn't facing top opposition. Yodsanklai isn't fighting. Ristie isn't fighting. Robin just left the division. The only interesting guys left are Sittichai, Marat, Superbon, Tayfun Ozcan and like 2 more guys.

In featherweight (inclusive non-glory fighters) we will have Kaew, Robin Van Roosmalen, Petpanomrung, Yamazaki, Ilias Bulaid, Massaro Glunder, Masaaki Noiri, Qiu Jian Liang and the current glory FW guys Adamchuk, Gabriel Varga, Matt Embree & Chikadze.
There is a chance Jomthong will be revitalized at LW and rise to the occasion against Sittichai/Superbon. Wu Xusong might also turn out to be legit. If both of them flop though Glory LW will probably be Sittichai and Marat dominating everyone else, and China LW will probably be Sittichai and Superbon dominating everyone else.

i will be always a LW nuthugger,but yeah in these recent 2 years LW lost a lot of fighter by inactivity while FW just got powered up in this last months,especially on the glory banner where the division reborn

I agree and its sad. LW still has the better top names, but there's no promotional pressure forcing them to fight each other. We need a new MAX. Doesn't help that the real hype events like the Kunlun 2015 tournament are pretty much unknown by so many people.

Oh well, FW is awesome at least. Going down this Sunday.

160919k1wgp-poster-kaew-yamazaki.jpg

I just wish Kubo was back in prime form. Maybe after his Hollywood debut fell flat he'll be more motivated to fight.

Sittichai cleared the LW devision. Known names are inactive and hardly any new names stood up.

Was the top dev.

I think Petpanomrung is more skilled than any active fighter in kickboxing right now. How do you guys think he will handle the size difference? He is moving up like 7 lbs and some of the guys in FW are pretty big.

Back