Glory Booking Verhoeven vs Bigfoot Silva?

LMAO - mismatch of the year?

It's a weird matchup. Weren't there any Chinese, Asian or maybe popular European heavyweight kickboxers that the Chinese audience knew who were available? I'll still watch though.

"Our first event in China, better show them we can outfreakshow Yi Long"

Glory is trash for this move.
This fight is bad and they should feel bad

So how many times has a HW won a contender tournament and not gotten the fight with Rico?

I could understand ditching the rankings for a Badr fight, or someone that can actually draw. Does Bigfoot Silvia have a following in China that I am unaware of?

Must be the FightPass main event hoping to draw in some MMA fans, I guess. I don't post in those forums so I am unsure if they care.

*EDIT - They think the fight is foolish and Silva shouldn't be taking strikes.

Last edited:
So how many times has a HW won a contender tournament and not gotten the fight with Rico?

I could understand ditching the rankings for a Badr fight, or someone that can actually draw. Does Bigfoot Silvia have a following in China that I am unaware of?

Must be the FightPass main event hoping to draw in some MMA fans, I guess. I don't post in those forums so I am unsure if they care.

*EDIT - They think the fight is foolish and Silva shouldn't be taking strikes.
I've appointed myself as Glory's unofficial defender on these forums and even I think this fight is kind of odd, especially with Bigfoot having been knocked out so many times recently. At least Rico is already scheduled to fight a legitimate kickboxer in Jamal Ben Saddik in December and then hopefully Badr Hari again in 2018. I'm still going to watch the Glory China card and enjoy it- one goofy fight or a less than stellar card doesn't send me into a tizzy of disappointment like it seems to do for many people here.

I just went to check fight finder and Big Foot has 10 losses by KO/TKO on his record. He shouldn't be fighting at all, let alone a beast like Verhoeven in kickboxing.

RIP Big Foot's brain.

Bigfoot should fight Alexandru Lungu, this is just pathetic.

I've appointed myself as Glory's unofficial defender on these forums and even I think this fight is kind of odd, especially with Bigfoot having been knocked out so many times recently. At least Rico is already scheduled to fight a legitimate kickboxer in Jamal Ben Saddik in December and then hopefully Badr Hari again in 2018. I'm still going to watch the Glory China card and enjoy it- one goofy fight or a less than stellar card doesn't send me into a tizzy of disappointment like it seems to do for many people here.
They need to stop scheduling Rico two bouts in advance like they did before the Badr fight. Glory is flirting with disaster. Albeit Bigfoot won't be the guy to mess up their plans.

Another joke of a fight in Glory for paperchamp Verhoeven. Glory stopped being the best promotion 2 years ago.

I don"t understand a thing, why would best promotion and rich Kunlun would associate its name with corrupt Glory? Under Glory banner IN CHINA? Glory is bankrupt and profits from Kunlun Fight.

<{cruzshake}>horrible matchup... dont know whats up with the mis matching.... rico should only defend his title. How is he a real champ if he lose to silva...

If i'm not mistaken Rico Verhoeven should
have no problems with Antonio Silva since
he has the advantage in the experience
department as well as durability since he has
not be knocked out a bunch of times like
Antonio Silva has.

Bigfoot is so shot at this point. Apaert from glory having few shows anyway and holding up the division by doing this it is really bad even for having Rico fight a MMA fighter.
Even frank Mir would be 10 times better as an opponent at this point

At least Bigfoot will have some big gloves to cover his face.

Silva on roids collecting a paycheck. And since Silva KO'd Overeem it might even be marketable.

Hope for bigfoot that rico goes for the liver and lowkicks.

What the actual fuck?

BigFoot is a shadow of himself since USADA and no more TRT, getting KO'd left, right and centre. He's on a 5 losses streak and got KO/TKO'd in 4 of those.

Unless he's allowed to juice to the grills he's probably gonna get KO'd early, and even then I can't see him beating Rico at all. He doesn't even have a Kickboxing or Muay Thai background. How does he get to just walk in and fight the champion?

If they're bringing someone from MMA to fight Rico it should be someone like Alistair Overeem, Stipe Moicic, Mark Hunt or Francis Ngannou.

Back