Glory 62 Rotterdam: Heavyweight Tournament

null

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
8RI54jX.jpg

LWIlSOX.jpg

Jimmy, no problem this time, but next time also look for an already opened thread!

I got Benny winning this. The Junior Tafa vs Jamal Ben Saddik is for the just bleed gods.<{JustBleed}>

About time Marat Grigorian fights Baya. The winner of Baya vs Grigorian should fight the winner of Koprivlenski vs Beztati. The winner of that fight can fight Sittichai.

They can't just keep giving Grigorian getting title fights all the time. Sittichai is just too dominant and it doesn't make sense to give any of the contender a title shot just based on arbitrary reasons.

I mean, the welterweight division is basically a warfield, with the top guys Harut, Nabiev, Doumbe and Murthel Groenheart.

In LW it seems like nothing is happening because of Sittichais dominance. Glory should now aim to create a warfield between the contenders Marat, Beztati, Koprivlenski, Jauncey, Baya and Gashi. I think Sittichai is now exclusively signed to Glory? He deserves big pay checks then.

Last edited:
No Hari, Zimmerman... Are they retired/injured/in jail/death?

they should make an 8 man LW tournament including Sitthichai, at least would be more interesting since no one is a real danger to Sitthichai, so a tournament would at least produce a couple of good fights...

to be fair they should make a 8 man on every division, a FW Glory 8 man would be stacked.

No Hari, Zimmerman... Are they retired/injured/in jail/death?
Badr Hari surely considers himself a big star who shows up for feature fights and gets paid accordingly, not jumping in an eight man tournament like when he was a young man. And Errol Zimmerman hasn't fought in Glory in over three years.

they should make an 8 man LW tournament including Sitthichai, at least would be more interesting since no one is a real danger to Sitthichai, so a tournament would at least produce a couple of good fights...

to be fair they should make a 8 man on every division, a FW Glory 8 man would be stacked.

8-man tournament at LW like back in the early Glory days would definitely be nice. Besides as you said if nobody can beat Sittichai in a 5 round fight, maybe they have a chance against him in a tournament setting with 3 rounds per fight where fighters accumulate injuries and have to win several times.

Tournaments are cool but i think as a champ, you should get paid a lot to accept a tournament.

Glory is based on rankings and title defenses, not really the same concept as K-1 Max or Kunlun. Tournaments where the champ is included kind of undermines the current concept

Tournaments are cool but i think as a champ, you should get paid a lot to accept a tournament.

Glory is based on rankings and title defenses, not really the same concept as K-1 Max or Kunlun. Tournaments where the champ is included kind of undermines the current concept

Unless tournaments and belts are considered 2 different things. For instance you can be the champion of your division but not win the tournament of the year, and vice versa.

I think the main problem here is that Glory doesn't do enough tournaments, and those contender tournaments they've been running undermined the main tournaments where now if you win a tournament you're only considered a contender and not champion, as opposed to what tournaments meant in K-1 for example.

Rico is not going to take 3 fights in a night for 150K. He's become too big for that. I'd love to see another Rico vs Jamal or Rico vs Bennie though. Both fights are well worthy of a trilogy.

About time Marat Grigorian fights Baya. The winner of Baya vs Grigorian should fight the winner of Koprivlenski vs Beztati. The winner of that fight can fight Sittichai.

They can't just keep giving Grigorian getting title fights all the time. Sittichai is just too dominant and it doesn't make sense to give any of the contender a title shot just based on arbitrary reasons.

I mean, the welterweight division is basically a warfield, with the top guys Harut, Nabiev, Doumbe and Murthel Groenheart.

In LW it seems like nothing is happening because of Sittichais dominance. Glory should now aim to create a warfield between the contenders Marat, Beztati, Koprivlenski, Jauncey, Baya and Gashi. I think Sittichai is now exclusively signed to Glory? He deserves big pay checks then.

Very disappointing if Sittichai is exclusively fighting for Glory (although it wouldn't surprise me, considering). I'm honestly really hoping ONE can pull something out of a hat and sign the fighters everyone wants to see fight each other, to at least put on some super fights. They don't even need to be exclusive to ONE or fight for a title, I just want to see the best bang it out haha. Unfortunately that seems like a pipe dream though

Rico is not going to take 3 fights in a night for 150K. He's become too big for that. I'd love to see another Rico vs Jamal or Rico vs Bennie though. Both fights are well worthy of a trilogy.

They could make a deal with him on the side for an additional bonus if he wins on top of the 150k. If it were me promoting I'd do everything I can to make him fight in that tournament, and if possible Hari as well. Then promote the ppv's to fuck. $$$

They could make a deal with him on the side for an additional bonus if he wins on top of the 150k. If it were me promoting I'd do everything I can to make him fight in that tournament, and if possible Hari as well. Then promote the ppv's to fuck. $$$

Yes that would be an option. But I think this tournament came on short notice. Rico fought on the Glory 59 card in september. Rico was on Holiday when this tournament was announced. Remember that this tournament was announced before all the fighters were even known. So Glory may have played with the idea to invite Rico and Badr as well. But Rico probably thought it was on too short notice and not enough prize money. And yes Guto Inocente also fought on Glory 59, but you can't really compare them. Rico is the cash cow, sells out arenas and does a lot for the promotion of the organisation without getting paid for it. Guto is a fighter who still has to prove himself in many ways and doesn't have the same leverage as Rico. Guto needs grab every opportunity he gets with both hands, Rico on the other hand not so much. But I think your proposal for an extra bonus for the champ could maybe be an option for the future. If I understood correctly Rico will fight the winner of this tournament in the first quarter of next year and then he will take a break from kickboxing to make time for his acting ambitions.

If I understood correctly Rico will fight the winner of this tournament in the first quarter of next year

For me this simply devalues the tournament and just makes it a "contender" tournament where they win it for a title shot that they would probably have had anyway without the tournament. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Back