Glory 55 New York Thread

Random question: Is Sitthichai Sitsonpeenong the best Thai in Glory right now? Or K1 ? I am interested in seeing their style in K1 rules. Kiatmookao has a really fun style, brutal kicks and knees.
Sittichai is the most accomplished. However, i think Petchpanomrung is better.
1. Petchpanomrung
2. Sittichai
3. Yodkhunpon
4. Thongchai
I think Sittichai is currently the best thai in Glory. We need to see a little more from Petch before we call him the best (under Glory rules). Under muaythai rules however Petch is the best thai in Glory. I don't think its fair after everything sittichai has accomplished in the sport that you can put someone over him after only several fights. Even if we think he is better based off how he's looked we really should just wait to see how consistent he is. I've made this same argument in the past when guys have called superbon, kaew and jomthong better than sittichai.

Petch is definitely special tho and he's on his way to greatness. Hopefully he stays motivated and we see more great wins from him.

Van soest should be a little bit less favorite,doumbe a little bit more, along with pinto

btw more realistic line bets this time
Thanks for the feedback, I agree with this assessment. And with the fact that Pereira and Belgaroui odds are so close in the main event as well.

Odds on Olofsson are retarded.
I haven't see her fights, but she looked bigger than Tiffany and more powerfully built, especially in the back, arms and shoulders. And appeared to hit the pads pretty hard in the Inside Glory video I saw.

Watched a few of Kevin VanNostrands fights and he seems a bit tricky. Sometimes those type of guys are hard to time. Could be an interesting fight but might end up an ugly fight. I have Petch winning but not sleeping on Kevin.

Doumbe wins pretty comfortably and I have Alex Pereira winning his fight. Not sure about the girls. Dont really watch women in combat sports.

What makes him special?

More great wins implies he's had great wins; these dudes he's beating are great wins?
Roosmalen and Ezbiri were great wins. Zakaria was a great KO but was clinching excessively in that fight. He didnt look as good against Adamchuk and Ulyanov but tbh he was still getting adjusted to the sport. He should of beaten Wei Rui also but it wasn't a horrible robbery.

I'm not saying he isn't a better kickboxer than sittichai btw but I think we need to wait a little longer before we can say that for definite.

Guys like Rungravee, Buakiew, Sibmeun or smaller guys that'll move up in weight?

Smaller guys. Probably only a couple to 170 pounds but guys who fight close to 140 could flock to Glory and take over the LW division.

So how do we watch this shit? ESPN2, 3, NEWS, or Deportes?

*EDIT - Looks like ESPNEWS

So how do we watch this shit? ESPN2, 3, NEWS, or Deportes?

As far as I am aware for US viewers, the prelims are on YouTube, the SuperFight series will be on UFC FightPass and the main event will be on live on ESPNEWS at 9:30 (E.T.)

That was an incredible knockout from the spinning back kick and left punch in the second prelim bout.

Don't know if they've done it before, but really liked they had a regional ISKA title on the undercard bout. Should make that a thing everywhere when possible.

Todd, the featherweight division is 145 pounds, not 135 pounds.

There were at least two or three other prelim bouts where the fighters weighed in yesterday that they didn't show today for some reason including a couple of 145 pound ladies.

What is Todd Grisham talking about? This 125 pound Italian-Canadian fighter would need to put on 20 pounds, not 10 pounds to fight in Glory.

Back