Glory 54 Birmingham, June 2

I have been there during the It's Showtime events. They closed half the stadium with curtains. There still were around 20.000 fans though.

Yes with It's Showtime they only used half the stadium, but I don't think they did with the K1-WGP. Also it would make no sense, if they are intending to only use half the stadium they might as well go to Ahoy or the RAI centre again.

Why did the ref warn Nabiev and tell him he cant use a two arm clinch in the 2nd round? He was well within the rules of clinching that Glory allows. Why are they so inconsistent in reffing this?

Thats Paul Nichols work,one of the worst glory refs that like Al Wighers are pretty much always in the ring for the most important fights o_O

Glory straight LYING.

"Putting his 15 fight win streak on the line!"

They are pretending that his last loss was against Semmy...

This may be the worst sporting crowd I have ever witnessed. Everyone seems uninterested and the only thing you can hear is a handful of obnoxious drunks.

Rico looks pretty flawless in all aspects of the game. I don't really see any Kickboxers out there that have a shot at beating him. I say he has the big rematch with Hari then take a shot at Boxing.

This may be the worst sporting crowd I have ever witnessed. Everyone seems uninterested and the only thing you can hear is a handful of obnoxious drunks.

I agree it was pretty awful, I also see a lot of people complaning about the same thing on YouTube. The British are passionate boxing fans, but they don't have really anyone to root for in the kickboxing game. All the British fighters last night were very mediocre to say the least, and let's be honest, if this wasn't an British event they wouldn't have been on any of the cards at all. Also, not a single knock down, let alone a knock out, doesn't help either to get the crowd going.

Rico looks pretty flawless in all aspects of the game. I don't really see any Kickboxers out there that have a shot at beating him. I say he has the big rematch with Hari then take a shot at Boxing.

I'd pay money to see Rico vs. Overeem in a kickboxing match after the Hari rematch. Maybe try his hand at boxing after that. But don't jump into the ring with Anthony Joshua as your first fight lol.

Rico lost from Ghita though... very clear also. Saki was also a fked up fight due to a slip which was called a knock down.

Besides that the rest of his wins were correct.

With all respect but I don't agree at all. Rico won both times vs Githa, both at Last Man Standing as well as later for the belt. And yes the knock down vs Saki was a slip, but I still feel Rico edged that fight. But that's the fighting game sometimes, people interpretate fights differently and that can lead to never ending discussions lol.

Some people complain that Rico doesn't go for the kill and knock his opponents out. But think of it this way, nobody has been able to knock Rico out either for 5 years straight. Rico is a little bit like the Money Mayweather of HW kickboxing lol.

Either way, I was really impressed by the way Rico recovered vs Ben Saddik, that was really impressive. Turns out Rico has a pretty good chin. Also his boxing is getting better and better. Last night again, you can tell the training with team Fury really pays off.

Rico lost from Ghita though... very clear also. Saki was also a fked up fight due to a slip which was called a knock down.
LOL no Rico didn't lose to Ghita, certainly not clearly. The Saki call was unfortunate, but I'd give Rico the win even without it.

Rico lost so clear and hard from ghita that the win should be considered one of the biggest robberies

Glory lying about Rico being undefeated in 15 matches is embarrasing. He lost last year against Gerasimchuk. This is why kickboxing is shit. Can you imagine this thing happening in boxing.

that was 3 years ago.

not really mad about that anymore, he would win the rematch 9/10.

Glory lying about Rico being undefeated in 15 matches is embarrasing. He lost last year against Gerasimchuk. This is why kickboxing is shit. Can you imagine this thing happening in boxing.

Well it was 2015 when he lost against Gerasimchuk. But still, so pathetic to lie about it. And on social media they changed it to 15 match winstreak in the Glory ring.. Him cleaning out the division is an impressive performance..

Well they kinda do try and say "Glory" there prior to any talk of his win streaks and whatnot but just don't always do it. This time they also mentioned Tatneft and even something like hey how about that Marat-Superbon fight (=Kunlun) :eek:

Sorta prefer their straight shooting Chinese social media that just goes hey look Marat just won in Kunlun congrats! +they post those free streams :p

Welcome to Birmingham!

Well I thought that too, but when he got interviewed and they said to him "you pretty much have nothing left to prove in this sport so what are you going to do next?" his answer was simply to keep winning and try out new things never done before in KB.

Unless he's hiding new plans, it seems like he's happy to stay in Kickboxing for longer.

Back