Glory 51 Rotterdam: Badr vs Hesdy II

Jaraya´s fight now

Stadium is going to start to be filled more

catching kicks isn't allowed in glory, never was.

I think.

I think it is brief clinching that is allowed with one strike to follow. I'm not sure that catching a kick was ever allowed in Glory. Although I would not be surprised if this was applied inconsistently over time or by different referees.
You can catch and follow up with a single strike immediately. You cannot hold the leg however or sweep. I think...

Great highlight reel KO by Beztati!

catching kicks isn't allowed in glory, never was.

I think.

You can catch and follow up with a single strike immediately. You cannot hold the leg however or sweep. I think...

From Glory's website:
  • A fighter may grab an opponent’s leg in order to immediately execute a single legal strike that may be accompanied by a single step in any direction. The leg must be released immediately after that single legal strike.

Jaraya will be undersized here. I have never seen Simson fight, but I would not be surprised to see him pull off the upset just based on size advantage and his record. Should be interesting either way.

From Glory's website:
  • A fighter may grab an opponent’s leg in order to immediately execute a single legal strike that may be accompanied by a single step in any direction. The leg must be released immediately after that single legal strike.
BOOM!

as expected

no KO in 1,5 rounds = both out of gas

Quite the scrap we have here. Hopefully no judges get assaulted.

simson is in control of the fight, the upset is in the making....jaraya is tired already, and slow

Jaraya better get used to going to decisions unless he goes back to 70 kg.

I wonder if Jaraya was just a big fish in a small pond in enfusion?

simson is in control of the fight, the upset is in the making....jaraya is tired already, and slow
I kind of agree, but open scoring made it clear that Simson needed a knockdown in round 3 just to force the extra round.

Did I really watch this...Jaraya got the decision....wtf is with this judging

Thought Simson should have got the nod but a few customers distracted me from the fight so not completely sure.

watched it half drunk but thought jaraya had better output and won.

WTF?! Since when is catching not allowed in Glory? Catching is allowed with 1 move to follow within a few seconds, but the Japanese ref aid multiple time no catch. Can someone please explain?

lol at you expecting consistent refereeing from Glory. only thing I can gather from years of watching it is that you can clinch and grab if you want to stall, but if you clinch and throw a badass knee then it is seen as some sort of cheap move and you mat get a point deducted.

Back