Glory 51 Rotterdam: Badr vs Hesdy II

Does Spong really make more money fighting journeyman boxers in front of like 50 people than he would in kickboxing?

He is just padding the record so he can land a big fight when he is ready. A boxing match for him with the likes of Huck, Chisora or Adamek makes him money more than he has ever made.

As if Rico is some killer
I don’t know man his last few fights outside of the Badr fight tell a different story. I’m not saying that this isn’t a winnable fight for Badr but I would like to see him at a comfortable middle ground between a 120kg roided conceqences be damned Badr and the barley above LHW 100kg Badr who while is technically sound isn’t using enough of his frankly psychotic killer instinct. In my opinion if Badr can get at a healthy muscular weight (maybe 110kg) stay composed but be willing to take a reasonable risk and go for the kill when the blood is in the water we could be looking at a pick em fight. Conversely if Badr shows up like he did against Hesdy Rico will capitalize on the same weaknesses that Hesdy did but more often and effectively, and if he comes in roided out like one of Canelo’s cows looking for an early Ko it will be the same as last time Rico will have a rough round or two then Badr will wear down form fituge and Rico’s counter assault and get stopped again. Sure Rico may not be a massive Ko puncher but his punches are reasonably sharp and his kicks are nasty not to mention Badr has a suspect chin at best.

Does Spong really make more money fighting journeyman boxers in front of like 50 people than he would in kickboxing?

It's an interesting question we'd like to know the answer to. It's more of a low risk high reward kinda thing though. It also means that if he eventually fight 1 or 2 big names he's gonna cash in big time.

I wonder how much Nieky Holzken made fighting Callum Smith.

right, ok
what was the result of their first fight though, remind me?
lol badr, now is tested , so he must be clean, so we now see a different badr, remeber the last time they fought in its showtime , how many times roid rage took over in the ring ,, ask remmy ,

lol badr, now is tested , so he must be clean, so we now see a different badr, remeber the last time they fought in its showtime , how many times roid rage took over in the ring ,, ask remmy ,
Gerges sure as hell doesn't have the same physic either...

Gerges sure as hell doesn't have the same physic either...
yes was a piss poor fight to be honest one gases out half way threw round 2 and the has no more snap and aggressive attacking style we all came to love, plus gerges now last 10 fight lost 8 why oh why is still considered such a great fighter , just out of jail and horrible ring rust and not in shape at all ,,, at least rico looks in shape every time he fights,,, i give him this ...

I don’t know man his last few fights outside of the Badr fight tell a different story. I’m not saying that this isn’t a winnable fight for Badr but I would like to see him at a comfortable middle ground between a 120kg roided conceqences be damned Badr and the barley above LHW 100kg Badr who while is technically sound isn’t using enough of his frankly psychotic killer instinct. In my opinion if Badr can get at a healthy muscular weight (maybe 110kg) stay composed but be willing to take a reasonable risk and go for the kill when the blood is in the water we could be looking at a pick em fight. Conversely if Badr shows up like he did against Hesdy Rico will capitalize on the same weaknesses that Hesdy did but more often and effectively, and if he comes in roided out like one of Canelo’s cows looking for an early Ko it will be the same as last time Rico will have a rough round or two then Badr will wear down form fituge and Rico’s counter assault and get stopped again. Sure Rico may not be a massive Ko puncher but his punches are reasonably sharp and his kicks are nasty not to mention Badr has a suspect chin at best.

rico killer ,,,lol he has the worst KO of any heavy weight in history,, glory goes out to find glass jaw guys so he can KO them, which he still can not, i give him ,he did KO the belgium guy,but really never heard of that guy till one year before the fight,,but lets be honest the pool of kick boxing heavy weights is nothing ,,, glory has built their company around the heavy weight division much like k1 where there is no depth anywhere around the world, anymore, gone are the great hoist,le banner, arts, etc, that actually gave depth to the heavy weight division. now glory searches and searches for anyone to fight rico ,, the king of what is left in kick boxing heavy weight division ,, lol ,, such a boring fighter to watch as well,,worse then watching sammy s. you know he will win on points better to get out to the car and away from traffic when leaving, best advice

Rico won 4 of his last 5 fights by KO, and two of those KO's are among the best in Glorys history.

You can say many things about the depth of the HW division, but saying Rico is not legit or boring is just pathetic at this point.

Gerges had the right gameplan with a good guard and it worked well and probably would have paid off, but unfortunately for him, once again, he had no gas tank at all. Instead of peppering Hari his legs with his hard lowkicks, he ran out of air early on and abandoned that game plan. Gerges looked also pretty fat. How can he be so out of shape when he lands such a big fight?

Hari doesn't take damage well; luckily for him Gerges ran out of gas early on and has no punching power either.

As for now, the Hari hype goes on. How knows what he can pull of against the current king when he believes his own hype.

What about Lazaar?
lazaar is like big country , you do not love him because he is in shape but buy the hamburgers.. in any fight i think he is under dog but he does well and KOs ,, fights good fights against guys in front of him ,, ask me if he is top 10 not sure as i can not name a good group of top 10 heavy weights ,, and not event glory has a real top 10 , not sure about top 3 even to be honest,,, so just enjoy the fighters and how they fight ,, and push kicks and jabs and counter is not enjoyable to watch ,, lazaar is not that type, he came at rico the whole fight ,even if he did not throw a punch ,, that is respect ,,

Rico won 4 of his last 5 fights by KO, and two of those KO's are among the best in Glorys history.

You can say many things about the depth of the HW division, but saying Rico is not legit or boring is just pathetic at this point.
wow facts buddy ,,,,, tko ,,, injury meaning badr gave up ,,, silva not a kick boxer ,, lol ,, 3 knock down rule , where are the real out right KOs, he has the talent ,, but not the head hunting aggression, plus he is the best of a great list of list of what is left out there ,, maybe he can fight the white bufflo next lol or butter bean ,, hahahaha, who is out their ,, what great heavy weights , he lost to ghita in my mind ,, but i have seen worse rulings , the point is their is no depth ,,, better watch 70 75 85 kilo much much more entertaining fights

wow facts buddy ,,,,, tko ,,, injury meaning badr gave up ,,, silva not a kick boxer ,, lol ,, 3 knock down rule , where are the real out right KOs, he has the talent ,, but not the head hunting aggression, plus he is the best of a great list of list of what is left out there ,, maybe he can fight the white bufflo next lol or butter bean ,, hahahaha, who is out their ,, what great heavy weights , he lost to ghita in my mind ,, but i have seen worse rulings , the point is their is no depth ,,, better watch 70 75 85 kilo much much more entertaining fights
Rico doesn’t need to ko Badr to beat him...

Rico is a great fighter, he's just fighting at the wrong era, just like the Klitschkos..

PS: KO ratio =/= being fun to watch

Back