Glory 51 Rotterdam: Badr vs Hesdy II

Badr looked 20lbs lighter than usual. very noticeable on his face as well, looked like he did in 2007 almost.

Not the best performance of Badr, tired after the 1st round. Not enough to beat Rico

Not enough to beat Rico with that performance, but enough to knock off some ring rust. Badr hasn't gone a full 3 rounds in 5 years.

Nobody else for Rico to fight that is signed with Glory, and besides this is Badr we're talking about. If you can set that fight you do it immediately rather than wait on the inevitable assault charge. It's also not worth the risk of any of these guys taking a fight and getting injured. Make the fight now before it disappears.
That or have the fight before Badr curb stomps a middle schooler. That being said the Badr we saw Saturday gets killed by Rico.

He was fighting a dude who was 1-4 in his last 5 and got KO'd within a minute in his last match. Hari had 3 months to prepare for a 3 rounder against a shot opponent. He should've put him away, this was a gimme fight.

Hesdy Gerges is not some dude. Hesdy deserves more credits. Don't just focus on wikipedia.

Journalists provoked him and of course he will say he'll fight him what do you expect he is a fighter. He was talking about Rico vs Badr. Spong is a great guy and phenomenal kickboxer but he is not a natural heavyweight. Badr breaks him and I don't want to see that.

Journalists provoked him and of course he will say he'll fight him what do you expect he is a fighter. He was talking about Rico vs Badr. Spong is a great guy and phenomenal kickboxer but he is not a natural heavyweight. Badr breaks him and I don't want to see that.

Yeah cause badr is a natural giant? Spong won against good but old Aerts and Bonjasky. And he was winning the first round against a prime juicing Overeem.

Spong would not be a walk over for Badr...

Badr looked 20lbs lighter than usual. very noticeable on his face as well, looked like he did in 2007 almost.

Yeah he looked like young Badr Hari. Much lighter with more kicks. More measured and technical but also less strength and power.

He was clearloff his....creatine here. I wonder why? he has always shown to fluctuate in weight a lot and usually he is more jacket for bigger fights. Ideally for him he would be physically like he was against Rico but technically a bt more like this.
No idea why he always changes in bodyweight. i mean I kinda think we all know but is it in purpose? or what is the reason

I rewatched Doumbe vs Nabiyev without the lag and I scored it for Nabiyev. I don't see Harut or Groenhart beating him.

Fighting Tyrone in NL would be awesome but i think is too risky for badr if he takes this fight

Tyrone is fighting low level guys in boxing, stepping up in his career but he is very active in there since 2016 while badr looked ok against Gerges(expected him to be way better,but i think he was too skinny probably his camp chosen to increment his cardio and with it he lost a lot of KO power in there)

Badr losing a fight will harm badly the rematch with rico in every way possible

actually he was the first person to bring it up not the reporter

and asking someone a question that they then answer is not "provoking" them

what was the result of Badr vs Rico, i forgot?

If Badr can keep his mental stability in check for 6 months he beats Rico all day every day. Rico is a great champion but don't make him some world beater. The death of K-1 left the HW kickboxing scene shallow but of course it's not Rico's fault.

actually he was the first person to bring it up not the reporter

and asking someone a question that they then answer is not "provoking" them

Asking a natual middleweight if he would fight a heavyweight is kind of provoking.

I would love for glory to sign spong and give him a warm up fight in may then fight badr in august with the winner fighting rico in December at a big end of the year card

Wouldnt mind a hw contender tournement with Sadik Badr Spong and Benny. Winner fighting Rico.

*Goes back dreaming

Asking a natual middleweight if he would fight a heavyweight is kind of provoking.

lol at this nonsense

spong hasn't been fighting as a natural middleweight at any point in the last.... i dont know... TEN YEARS? There are 21 year olds watching him today who were infants when he started moving up in weight and have never even heard of him fighting at middle or below.

maybe you should reach out to him and explain to him what he's been doing wrong this past 10+ years and who you think he's allowed to think he can fight and beat

Back