Glory 51 Rotterdam: Badr vs Hesdy II

glory should do everything to hire Samedov to fight Hari for the 4rth time

it would be a giantic fight-event

In Germany? I could see it. As long as zabits weird looking coach or whoever he is, is banned from watching at stage and being on camera every 30 secs

I'm a huge Badr fan and I also think he won fair, but surprises me that no one talks about his condition. I didn't think it was THAT great. He will lose against Rico again if they would fight again soon. What do you guys think? Am I wrong and is his condition normal or even good?

He looked sharper then ever, but I think he may lack some power with 15kg less muscle mass.

I'm a huge Badr fan and I also think he won fair, but surprises me that no one talks about his condition. I didn't think it was THAT great. He will lose against Rico again if they would fight again soon. What do you guys think? Am I wrong and is his condition normal or even good?

Yeah wasnt that impressive. But he is not stupid enough to try that game plan with rico. Badr at his best cant outwork rico

He looked sharper then ever, but I think he may lack some power with 15kg less muscle mass.

You really think that:eek: I thought he won fair once again and was great, I felt the tension of the fight in my belly and that's when I know a fight is good. Still.... Did you watch their first fight? Thát was one of the sharpest I ever saw Badr. Modafocker blocked inside low kicks and kicks like he saw them coming when he came out of his momma's womb. Also against Saki III and Zimmerman.

Here he ate the low kick that were pretty obvious coming for a pro.

Yeah wasnt that impressive. But he is not stupid enough to try that game plan with rico. Badr at his best cant outwork rico

Don't get me wrong Badr came out of nowhere from retirement and trained and had a torn muscle form Rico where he fought very well in my opinion and Hesdy was very active all the time. Everyone keeps saying the losses of Hesdy were unfair and he actually just won them, except the last one of course. He even got the win bonus.

So I understand it was a hard fight for Badr, but still man the condition worries me:(

He won't be able to keep up that pace for 5 rounds and I don't see him knocking out Rico. I reckon Rico wins decision if they rematch.

shit any gifs?

unitard.gif

He won't be able to keep up that pace for 5 rounds and I don't see him knocking out Rico. I reckon Rico wins decision if they rematch.

I never said that, those are your words:p He was in jail for 7 months and before that he was retired so a very impressive fight if you ask me and overclassed Hesdy who was active all the time. Not happy with his condition and not blocking low kicks tho. Now he has no jail time to disturb his training he can gain more weight over a better time frame and work on his condition.

Can't wait!

I never said that, those are your words:p He was in jail for 7 months and before that he was retired so a very impressive fight if you ask me and overclassed Hesdy who was active all the time. Not happy with his condition and not blocking low kicks tho. Now he has no jail time to disturb his training he can gain more weight over a better time frame and work on his condition.

Can't wait!
He was fighting a dude who was 1-4 in his last 5 and got KO'd within a minute in his last match. Hari had 3 months to prepare for a 3 rounder against a shot opponent. He should've put him away, this was a gimme fight.

Hesdy, with all respect, isn't as talented as the fighters Badr fought years ago. Badr wrecked those fighters but couldn't finish Hesdy. It wasn't so impressive as I thought it would be.

Hesdy, with all respect, isn't as talented as the fighters Badr fought years ago. Badr wrecked those fighters but couldn't finish Hesdy. It wasn't so impressive as I thought it would be.

Hesdy when he fights like he did tonight is a very good fighter. Why he did so well vs semmy both fights and they could have gone either way. Hesdy especially between 2007- 2011 was a beast of a fighter

an 2008-2011 Hesdy Gerges is one of the most talented guys badr faced....

this 2018 badr and especially this nowadays Gerges isnt even a shade of they used to be on their best days.

Badr most significant fights againt guys that can be considered more better oposition(at the time Badr fought against with of course) than a prime Gerges:

2003 Ignashov , 2 fights with Stefan leko 2005 ,2007 Bonjasky, 2008 Feitosa(not too sure), 2008 Peter Aerts,2008 Bonjasky, 2008 Overeem, 2009 Schilt, 2009 Overeem, 2009 Schilt, 2012 Saki, 2016 Rico Verhoeven.

Reasons why i didnt include some Badr fights against good opponents,compared to a prime Gerges:

- 2004 Saki was too green and wild,Prime gerges was a better opposition

- 2008 Sefo was on a downfall on his career,way out of his prime,an shadow of himself,prime gerges that Badr Fought was a better opposition than a 2008 old Sefo.

- 2008 Zimmerman was amazing but i think an prime Gerges was a bit better than Him,but no problem if his fight with an 2008 Zimmerman can be considered a better opposition than prime gerges

- Zabit Samedov good fighter with some similarities with Karaev but a better one,too small compared to an sharp prime Gerges

- 2015 Londt wasnt a better opposition than an prime gerges

And i wish hesdy would get on the juice or something. I dont like flabby hesdy gerges

an 2008-2011 Hesdy Gerges is one of the most talented guys badr faced....

this 2018 badr and especially this nowadays Gerges isnt even a shade of they used to be on their best days.

Badr most significant fights againt guys that can be considered more better oposition(at the time Badr fought against with of course) than a prime Gerges:

2003 Ignashov , 2 fights with Stefan leko 2005 ,2007 Bonjasky, 2008 Feitosa(not too sure), 2008 Peter Aerts,2008 Bonjasky, 2008 Overeem, 2009 Schilt, 2009 Overeem, 2009 Schilt, 2012 Saki, 2016 Rico Verhoeven.

Reasons why i didnt include some Badr fights against good opponents,compared to a prime Gerges:

- 2004 Saki was too green and wild,Prime gerges was a better opposition

- 2008 Sefo was on a downfall on his career,way out of his prime,an shadow of himself,prime gerges that Badr Fought was a better opposition than a 2008 old Sefo.

- 2008 Zimmerman was amazing but i think an prime Gerges was a bit better than Him,but no problem if his fight with an 2008 Zimmerman can be considered a better opposition than prime gerges

- Zabit Samedov good fighter with some similarities with Karaev but a better one,too small compared to an sharp prime Gerges

- 2015 Londt wasnt a better opposition than an prime gerges

Im not disagreeing there

The last time I saw Badr so skinny was at the beginning of his career. USADA in Glory too?

Was not impressed by Badr. If it was Benny or Sadik he was up against he wouldnt have won.

Dont understand the 4! 30-27 score cards either.

Loved the sfs btw this.

He was fighting a dude who was 1-4 in his last 5 and got KO'd within a minute in his last match. Hari had 3 months to prepare for a 3 rounder against a shot opponent. He should've put him away, this was a gimme fight.

That's BS in my opinion. He won most of those fights like other members here were also saying and even got the win bonus from Glory LMFAO. That 1-4 doesn't say shit. He was very active and had rhitme and was training hard so it was always a hard opponent for Badr and both of them knew that. So this win from Badr is in my opinion huge and I hope he works on his condition for the next one.

That's BS in my opinion. He won most of those fights like other members here were also saying and even got the win bonus from Glory LMFAO. That 1-4 doesn't say shit. He was very active and had rhitme and was training hard so it was always a hard opponent for Badr and both of them knew that. So this win from Badr is in my opinion huge and I hope he works on his condition for the next one.
He looked good but I hardly think it would kill Badr to fight another solid contender before he gets Rico.

He looked good but I hardly think it would kill Badr to fight another solid contender before he gets Rico.
Nobody else for Rico to fight that is signed with Glory, and besides this is Badr we're talking about. If you can set that fight you do it immediately rather than wait on the inevitable assault charge. It's also not worth the risk of any of these guys taking a fight and getting injured. Make the fight now before it disappears.

Back