Glory 48 New York card :(

Mafanofe

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
http://www.glorykickboxing.com/news...entrants:8197c6dc-8fbb-470f-b376-11414834cf87

GLORY 48 New York
Interim Featherweight Title Headline Bout: Kevin VanNostrand vs. TBD
Middleweight Tournament Final Bout: Winner of Bout A vs. Winner of Bout B
Light Heavyweight Co-Headline Bout: Thiago Silva vs. TBA
Middleweight Tournament Semifinal Bout B: Robert Thomas vs. Wayne Barrett
Middleweight Tournament Semifinal Bout A: Mike Lemaire vs. TBA

GLORY 48 SuperFight Series
Super Bantamweight Title Headline Bout: Tiffany van Soest vs. TBD
Middleweight Bout: Chris Camozzi vs. Kyle Weickhardt
Lightweight Bout: Itay Gershon vs. Justin Houghton
Lightweight Bout: Elvis Gashi vs. Nate Richardson

-The highest level fight will be Kevin Vanostrand vs the Glory 47 FW tournament winner

Thiago Silva is another MMA figher

Chris Camozzi is facing a 4-1 MMA fighter too

the only card bad like this was Glory 21 IMO.

Why wouldn't they put Thiago Silva on the SFS for Fight Pass broadcast? Seems better to market to the MMA crowd.

Pretty lackluster tho.

Why wouldn't they put Thiago Silva on the SFS for Fight Pass broadcast? Seems better to market to the MMA crowd.

Pretty lackluster tho.
it makes sense because Thiago silva is more Famous than Camozzi

Pretty lackluster tho.

And they have a ufc fighter on both cards/broadcasts. Cards are bad indeed.

Vannostrand vs pinca should be ok i think.

The tourny is a joke. :(

LOL, Thiago Silva was the best they could do?

LOL, Thiago Silva was the best they could do?
They're obviously going for the crossover MMA audience with these recent former UFC fighter signings. Despite the fact that I am a big MMA fan, I'd rather just see lifelong pro kickboxers competing in Glory. They don't need to pander to me since I follow kickboxing pretty closely now. But I don't quite share the disappointment of many here. I like the aggressiveness of Glory's schedule with regular events around the world, so I expect some cards to be lesser than others. Kevin VanNostrand vs the FW tournament winner should be a fun interim title fight with RvR's eye injury supposedly keeping him out for now. Tiffany Van Soest vs the winner of Funda Alkayis vs Anissa Meksen is a great female title fight. The card in Amsterdam after this is strong, so it's all good for me.

For the amarican mma fan this indeed might be a decent card. Only misses dustin jacoby for them.

VanNostrand is the worst fighter to fight for a glory title yet.

They're obviously going for the crossover MMA audience with these recent former UFC fighter signings. Despite the fact that I am a big MMA fan, I'd rather just see lifelong pro kickboxers competing in Glory. They don't need to pander to me since I follow kickboxing pretty closely now. But I don't quite share the disappointment of many here. I like the aggressiveness of Glory's schedule with regular events around the world, so I expect some cards to be lesser than others. Kevin VanNostrand vs the FW tournament winner should be a fun interim title fight with RvR's eye injury supposedly keeping him out for now. Tiffany Van Soest vs the winner of Funda Alkayis vs Anissa Meksen is a great female title fight. The card in Amsterdam after this is strong, so it's all good for me.

You probably never said anything negative about Glory. they could literally not put any top 10 fighters on a the card and you still would like it. oh wait, that's what this card is.

Last edited:
I mean, it isn't necessarily a bad idea, but Camozzi and Silva (and Bigfoot)- neither of them are/were considered to be good strikers at best, lol.

Sucks that RvR is out, but at least this weird interim title thing garantees the tourney winner will fight RvR. I didn't really want to see him brutalize Kevin anyways.

Am I the only one who is actually hyped about Thiago Silva? That guy is crazy. Used to be a killer in UFC, the most intimidating aesthetics in MMA history, and he had to be arrested because he was threatening his gf with a machine gun. I wouldn't want to fight that guy.

Also this card has THE girl fight so still not bad.

Camozzi tells it all

Sucks that RvR is out, but at least this weird interim title thing garantees the tourney winner will fight RvR. I didn't really want to see him brutalize Kevin anyways.

Am I the only one who is actually hyped about Thiago Silva? That guy is crazy. Used to be a killer in UFC, the most intimidating aesthetics in MMA history, and he had to be arrested because he was threatening his gf with a machine gun. I wouldn't want to fight that guy.

Also this card has THE girl fight so still not bad.
Don't be too hyped about Silva he is fighting under mma rules in November in ACB and I think if he loses in brutal fashion he is not gonna fight at this Glory event.

is this the same Thiago silva who got shit canned from the ufc after his ex wife released video of him coke'd up talking about shooting her?

Sucks that RvR is out, but at least this weird interim title thing garantees the tourney winner will fight RvR.
His contract is up and the fact the have taken him off the event/making an interim title means negotiations are not going good

His contract is up and the fact the have taken him off the event/making an interim title means negotiations are not going good
Not that they're not trying for a better contract but he dropped out of his FFC fight because of the injury too...

Back